• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

Bamco please, why can't I edit these dolls like the other accessories.

7DF75922C02CAFBEE9F5249293ADA01846BEFF1A

Btw. is there a special requirement for games to be put into the SteamVR subdirectory? I only have one game in there (Mind) while I actually own more than one VR games on Steam.

Dr Dogg

In the past 4 hours I've achieved absolutely nothing despite having shit loads to do and the sum of my effort is a couple of emails and 60 words of copy typing out of 10,000 odd I need to get done by close of play. Chirst this post here has been more productive. All because fecking YouTube and Lara Croft :(

It said it's fine.

I bet the dog is passive aggressive.

Has anyone else been having issues with Steam charges recently? Almost all my charges from the Halloween sale showed up as pending in my bank account for a few days before disappearing. So far one charge for about 40 cents is the only one to clear. I've had charges from Steam disappear before and then show up again later, but never this many. How concerned should I be about this?

Coreda

Concrete Jungle (Steam link). This looks interesting, a card-based city builder. Only found a single GAF'er impression.

I really like it. In a way it kinda reminds me of Half Minute Hero (bear with me for a minute here) with regards to how that game takes the RPG genre, dilutes it down to bare minimum mechanics and then makes a kinda puzzle game out of it, Concrete Jungle takes the city builders, dilutes the gameplay to its core and makes a puzzle game out of it. But also being an awesome deck builder game (which is a type of game I would love to see more on PC).

The core gameplay is really sound kinda predictive logic puzzle game with you having to juggle raising and lowering the land values while also purchasing new cards/perks. If you are playing solo, I would recommend it, if you play to play any local versus I would 100% recommend it. The versus mode is god damn hilarious because you and your opponent are fighting for territory on the same board so you constantly get these situations where the opponent is trying to build some wonderful heaven of greenland and local shops and other wonderful things and at the last minute you slap a toxic factory right in the middle of his paradise.just to mess up his land value. It is very good at building comic narrative just looking at how it would be like if you were living in a town which was being developed by 2 opposing city builders.

Chariot

Concrete Jungle (Steam link). This looks interesting, a card-based city builder. Only found a single GAF'er impression.
I don't really see where this is an RPG or what the game is supposed to do with half minute hero, but otherwise agree. Played it myself. It's a fun deckbuilder boardgame where you need to play very tactical and turns in advance with a lot of game changer moments where the enemy turns your lot win around and vice versa. Very engaging, albeit sometimes a bit tedious to wait for the enemy turn to progress.

Umm anime boobs?
Do you visit comic book adaption series threads? People get really creepy with real women.

Arthea

but guys, we can spoiler tag pics now, why not to use this option to make this place safe, it's not hard, you know.

I wish my horrible luck would give me some slack, at least sometimes. Still without my PC and at this point I still don't know if warranty will cover my hd, it looks more and more that it won't.

That's why I'm stuck with my laptop for the time being. Many of you posted that you game on laptops, I really would appreciate some help any input could help.
As you know my GPU runs very hot while playing Trails SC and overheats quite soon, now I don't downsample or anything, I run it at default lapy res, only I hooked it to my TV via HD cable. Radeon drivers being as sucky as they are, I get no graphic options to talk about. What I could do to stop overheating problem? A game runs at 100 fps for me, but I can limit only to 30 fps, would that help? I would prefer 60 fps but there is no such option. What else can I do?

but guys, we can spoiler tag pics now, why not to use this option to make this place safe, it's not hard, you know.

I wish my horrible luck would give me some slack, at least sometimes. Still without my PC and at this point I still don't know if warranty will cover my hd, it looks more and more that it won't.

That's why I'm stuck with my laptop for the time being. Many of you posted that you game on laptops, I really would appreciate some help any input could help.
As you know my GPU runs very hot while playing Trails SC and overheats quite soon, now I don't downsample or anything, I run it at default lapy res, only I hooked it to my TV via HD cable. Radeon drivers being as sucky as they are, I get no graphic options to talk about. What I could do to stop overheating problem? A game runs at 100 fps for me, but I can limit only to 30 fps, would that help? I would prefer 60 fps but there is no such option. What else can I do?

Limiting framerate will definitely help. Try MSI Afterburner, you can limit to any framerate you want with it.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Contagion -- MB-485E2FCAD3A45AFA - Taken by spindoctor. 2 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-61F7C2C4A7DBB10C - Taken by Cyldman. 1 entrants total.

t1446641401z1.png

take them

Jawmuncher

Spoiler tag images doesn't work on iOS mobile

Hey guys, pseudo-drive by here. Anyone know what the best place to get fallout 4 is right now?

Merci d'avance.
Greenmangaming.com (With current voucher) or funstock.co.uk (if they have activated their November voucher yet)

Grief.exe

Spoiler tag images doesn't work on iOS mobile

Greenmangaming.com (With current voucher) or funstock.co.uk (if they have activated their November voucher yet)

Do you have images disabled in preferences?

IE the images will not load until you allow them on click. Spoiler images work under those circumstances on Android.

ArjanN

I don't really see where this is an RPG or what the game is supposed to do with half minute hero, but otherwise agree.

Well:

I really like it. In a way it kinda reminds me of Half Minute Hero (bear with me for a minute here) with regards to how that game takes the RPG genre, dilutes it down to bare minimum mechanics and then makes a kinda puzzle game out of it

Haunted

I kinda like it. It's definitely got a very clean and pleasing isometric art style reminiscent of older Sim City games while being a puzzle game with rules unlike anything I've played before.

I've played story mode (but there are other game modes as well) - basically, you're placing tiles with various point values on rows of land to get above a certain point threshold in each row. The major puzzle element is that there are tiles that buff adjacent tiles in various ways, so the game essentially becomes about strategically placing them to distribute your points correctly to go over the margin.

Yes, you're "building a city" with your "cards", but these parts are more aesthetic than anything else, it's absolutely a puzzle game at its core. That said, they did a good job of making the puzzle tiles fit that city building theme and have them "make sense" (i.e. parks or schools have positive point values associated with them because they make the neighbourhood nicer, while sewage plants or factories will detract points from adjacent tiles). It's a clever, polished game that hasn't gotten any attention whatsoever (6k owners on Steamspy), which is kind of a shame.

These redeem on the Humble website first.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-100A57CFE4E5DFC6 - Taken by Red Hood. 1 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-4B8DD770F142D877 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 3 entrants total.

t1446642900z1.png

Monooboe

Awesome, got Phantom Pain today.:D Little frustrating though, got it retail and started the install from the disk but it still just wants to download the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom