• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a Beta update and now all my Library categories I made have disappeared D:

Assuming it's not a beta thing, just wait. They'll return eventually.

Just looked up the store page of RCT:W

tnj4XUS.png

Oh well.

What game? Roller Coaster Tycoon?
Edit: Aha!

BLOPS is sounding better and better.
Jazzpunk for a dollar seems like a damn steal from what ive heard about it.
Something about Jazzpunk makes me feel sick every time I play and I'm not usually one to get motion sick. I thought there was a FOV slider at one point I played, but haven't found it the last couple. My physical feeling makes me put it down for long stretches because I know what will happen.

Knurek

Something about Jazzpunk makes me feel sick every time I play and I'm not usually one to get motion sick. I thought there was a FOV slider at one point I played, but haven't found it the last couple. My physical feeling makes me put it down for long stretches because I know what will happen.

You're not alone here.
Jazzpunk and Riddick both made me sick extremely fast.
Didn't happen in any other game AFAIR.

Lomax

I remember buying the Darksiders pack on Amazon during their January sale when THQ was in the process of dying because I was afraid it might disappear when THQ did and never get sold again at all. If they had announced Darksiders 3 with this release I might have tossed them $6, but as it is I'll just wait until the inevitable bundle.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Get a head start on Fallout 4 with this unofficial character planner

There are folks who spend their first day with any new RPG solely on character creation. I know this, because I am one of them. You may be, too, and if you are and would like to get a head-start on whipping up your latest wasteland survivor, the Fallout 4 Build Planner over at RPG Gaming might be just what you're looking for.

It's an unofficial tool, based in part on the Fallout 4 leak from earlier this week, which included a pretty good look at the Perk selection process. Because of that, there are some limitations in terms of what it offers: All Perk names and descriptions have been confirmed, but only about half of the Perk level requirements are known at this point.

Even so, it's quite thorough, and its real value isn't so much in creating an initial character as it is in assisting with long-term planning. Once you've built and named your post-nuclear alter-ego, you can take it through multiple levels, choosing perks and increasing your SPECIAL attributes as you go. Some perks are dependent upon having a certain level or attribute, and will remain greyed out until you've leveled your character high enough, or go back to tweak your stats.

Progress is tracked through an Event Log, so you can see how it is that you got to where you are, and you can undo level-ups if you want to try something different. There's also an "export" option, so you can share your masterpiece with the world.

The Build Planner feels a little bit clunky in places, but it's a good way to maybe save yourself a few minutes (or a few hours) the first time you fire up Fallout 4. If nothing else, the Perk chart (which you can access in full without having to first create a character) is interesting in its own right. I'm no expert, but there looks to be quite a bit of new stuff in there.

Fallout 4 comes out November 10.

Ruruja

What the fuck is wrong with Medieval Bridge Builder. It's automatically in german, despite the language in the steam options of the game is english and there are not language options in the game itself. I can't play like this!

Have you tried changing your regional settings on Windows to UK or US? Maybe it goes off that.

Eila

What the fuck is wrong with Medieval Bridge Builder. It's automatically in german, despite the language in the steam options of the game is english and there are not language options in the game itself. I can't play like this!

edit: apparently I am neither the only one, nor the angriest: http://steamcommunity.com/app/319850/discussions/0/613936039605009161/#p1
Some people take it really bad if the game isn't english. Including me.

And there's no workaround? Bamco did this with Dark Souls, but there was a way to set the language to english (that wasn't changing the OS language).

Chariot

It wants to help you with your efficiency in engineering.
I don't think this is going to be good, when I am seeing the three legendary awful building projects of Germany BER, Elbphilarmonie and Stuttgart 21. Albert Speer would kill himself if he were alive.

Have you tried changing your regional settings on Windows to UK or US? Maybe it goes off that.
And there's no workaround? Bamco did this with Dark Souls, but there was a way to set the language to english (that wasn't changing the OS language).
Maybe, but I won't bother for that game, I just wanted something I don't need to grip a controller to be fresh again for Korra. But thanks for the advice, I will try it once a game of worth comes along with this idiotic flaw.

Dr Dogg

Rolling a character in Fallout has, by and large, been the same formula. For Bethesda titles I really like Morrowind's and Obilivon's character creation (Skyrim can die in a fire and levelling in Oblivion is just utter bollocks) so it's a shame they didn't try and bring over a little of the design and multiclassing from those into Fallout. Probably fuck it up mind.

Still, really liked Pillars' character creation and it's right up there with Baldur's Gate II for the ungodly amount of time I poured over every little detail. I've finished some games in less time it's taken me to roll a character in BGII.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Blackguards -- MB-B9C5668C78F32F5A - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-26596442BB542544 - Taken by Khronico. 4 entrants total.

t1446676202z1.png

take them

I remember buying the Darksiders pack on Amazon during their January sale when THQ was in the process of dying because I was afraid it might disappear when THQ did and never get sold again at all. If they had announced Darksiders 3 with this release I might have tossed them $6, but as it is I'll just wait until the inevitable bundle.

But wait, it gets better.

Buy any combination of anything Darksiders 2 on Steam outside of the franchise pack and you get 80% off Deathinitive Edition.

Buy the franchise pack? Get Deathinitive Edition upgrade free.

And if you bought all the games on GOG instead? Free, so long as you own DS1 + DS2 + DLC (read: Season Pass, I think).

So apparently Steam users are second class citizens cause we aren't anti-DRM?

rtcn63

RE4 is a lot harder than I remember
although my failures are mostly attributable to refusing to upgrade weapons early on. I always save my money for the Red9/Striker/Semi-auto rifle.

Jawmuncher

RE4 is a lot harder than I remember
although my failures are mostly attributable to refusing to upgrade weapons early on. I always save my money for the Red9/Striker/Semi-auto rifle.

Yep, if you are stingy with upgrades the game can be rather hard.
Regardless of dynamic difficulty.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Buy any combination of anything Darksiders 2 on Steam outside of the franchise pack and you get 80% off Deathinitive Edition.

And if you bought all the games on GOG instead? Free, so long as you own DS1 + DS2 + DLC (read: Season Pass, I think).

That whole situation is straight up fucked.

I remember when people called the Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin upgrade thing complicated. (A different thing but kinda related.)

Jawmuncher

I know right?

Will be interesting to see the response, if they even bother.

I tweeted at them and nothing.
They also haven't responded since this morning. If they don't say anything tonight they're probably not going to bother. But I know for sure I won't be giving them 6 dollars.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Fucking wow that makes the situation even worse.

There is also so much confusion around the topic that a lot of people think they are getting the upgrade for free because they own everything in the "Franchise Pack" (but purchased separately) and are going to be pretty disappointed when they learn that's not the case.

Jawmuncher

There is also so much confusion around the topic that a lot of people think they are getting the upgrade for free because they own everything in the "Franchise Pack", but purchase separately, and are going to be pretty disappointed when they learn that's not the case.

Yeah it really is just a odd choice to make the Franchise Pack the "fan" tier.
Really should have just been the Season Pass App. Since that would basically cover all their fans if that's what they really wanted to do.

jshackles

Is Darksiders even that of a good game? Yeah, I can google but I want to hear what you people think about the Enjoyment Factor™.

The first game was really good (think Zelda Character Action Game) and the second was alright (what I played of it).

As I mentioned before, I was thinking of picking up the physical PS4 release because it's a pretty cool game and I'd like to replay it. But I'm not going to bother now, nor would I really recommend supporting this kind of behavior from developers with your hard earned monies.

Monooboe

Is Darksiders even that of a good game? Yeah, I can google but I want to hear what you people think about the Enjoyment Factor™.

I really liked them both, was a little let down by the second because the first one was so good and ended with an amazing cliffhanger.

Sch1sm

I only played the first. Didn't like it enough to feel any type of way about this situation. I'm sure a lot of the outrage spawned from THQs practices are centered around, "I'M BEING CHEATED OUT OF A +1 I'LL NEVER PLAY." Not to say that what they're doing is right, especially in the case where some didn't purchase the franchise pack but own everything in it but we won't get DE while GoG users.

I'm indifferent to it, though, just because I'm not a huge fan of the games. It wasn't memorable for me.

I remember when people called the Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin upgrade thing complicated. (A different thing but kinda related.)

But it wasn't really... and it's proof that Nordic hasn't really looked into how discounts work in terms of coordinating with Valve.

Don't own DS2 on Steam? You pay full price.
Own DS2 on Steam? You get it for discount 1.
Own DS2 and all DLC (via Season Pass or individual purchase)? You get discount 2, which is larger than discount 1.

Nordic just says "we can't find a way to offer a free upgrade to people who own x, y, and z, even though other publishers have shown it's possible, so we'll take the lazy way out and just give it to franchise pack owners and then charge 80% to anyone who owns DS2."

It might be that their Steam rep and GOG rep are different people, and one is just terrible at their job (or just doesn't give a fuck). Or it could be the same person and again, they just don't give a fuck enough to figure out how to make it work right on Steam, since Steam sold the DLC separately while there's only a Season Pass with EVERYTHING on GOG.

Any way you slice it, it's straight up bullshit.

Tizoc

Darksiders 1 is an action adventure game with exploration and light puzzle solving.
Combat is simple and straightforward. If those interest you chances are you'll like DS1.

DS2 contiunues the action adventure aspect but adds in a loot system and RPG elements.
For one thing you can distribute points in order to learn and use different abilities in battle. IMHO the combat in DS2 is improved and better, but the game has a lot of stuff that feels tacked on like wide open map areas that are only there to go from point A to point B.

Plus its quest system is poorly thought out.

It's still a good game but overall DS1>DS2. They've been on sale multiple times so if the genre interest you def. get it.

Oh and DS2 has a great soundtrack IMO-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXZmurKkDuc

I platinum'ed them both (and got 1000/1000 on the first for x360).
I think they're solid games and absolutely worth playing if you enjoy 3D Zelda games (since that's the easiest, closest comparison to make). The second adds a lot more depth to the combat, even if the loot system wasn't fully realized to make it worthwhile (it reminds me of Borderlands, where a lot of stuff drops, but most of it is junk or just slightly different than what you already have).

rtcn63

I recall two big negatives in Darksiders II.
The entire second half of the game just happens, with a really dull third-person shooter portion taking up an act. And that you could cheese the customizable weapon system (the one where you feed other weapons to a special type) so that you would never need anything else (besides those gauntlets/blades that had crazy health steal). Not just that, there's a special item that turns all common weapon drops into customizable ones.

Darksiders 1 is an action adventure game with exploration and light puzzle solving.
Combat is simple and straightforward. If those interest you chances are you'll like DS1.

DS2 contiunues the action adventure aspect but adds in a loot system and RPG elements.
For one thing you can distribute points in order to learn and use different abilities in battle. IMHO the combat in DS2 is improved and better, but the game has a lot of stuff that feels tacked on like wide open map areas that are only there to go from point A to point B.

Plus its quest system is poorly thought out.

It's still a good game but overall DS1>DS2. They've been on sale multiple times so if the genre interest you def. get it.
That's informative. Given the first has no DLC and "sounds" more focused, I'll keep my eye on it.
The first game was really good (think Zelda Character Action Game) and the second was alright (what I played of it).
I think they're solid games and absolutely worth playing if you enjoy 3D Zelda games (since that's the easiest, closest comparison to make).
Never played a Zelda, so :v ... but I kinda understand, I think. But maybe not.

Hugstable

Banned
Playing some Trails in the Sky FC recently, played on PSP, but that was so long ago that it's actually pretty fresh for me again! Really want to play through it so I can transfer my stuff to SC also since I heard you can transfer data for the first game. Just about to hit Chapter 2.

madjoki

That whole situation is straight up fucked.

Yup.

But it wasn't really... and it's proof that Nordic hasn't really looked into how discounts work in terms of coordinating with Valve.

They could even do it without any help from Valve at all:

Make webpage that uses Steam API (Not public, but publisher apis) to check and register package to account (alternatively give cd-key) if user owns everything?

^ That's how Doom alpha was done, btw.

Fun fact: Would've been better if they didn't give anyone free, but it's too late now.

Tizoc

That's informative. Given the first has no DLC and "sounds" more focused, I'll keep my eye on it.

Never played a Zelda, so :v ... but I kinda understand, I think. But maybe not.

DS1 goes for under $5 regularly during sales, but keep in mind that it has an odd odd bug where video files won't run when playing the game.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Darksiders
Fixable within a few minutes so once you got that resolved, play away and hopefully you enjoy it.

I should point out that War, protag of DS1, is voiced by the underrated Liam O'brien.

Buraindo

Only played the first one and thought it was an okay game reminds me more of God of War than Zelda but I'm not too familiar with the latter so that might be why.
I thought it outstayed its welcome a bit as the later parts weren't all that enjoyable.
Other than that the game's competent, lots of gimmicks that you'll actually use more than once, combat's pretty enjoyable and so is the platforming. Plenty of content to go through too, expect a 15+ hours game. I'd recommend giving it a go if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom