• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Totally Relevant Post :

Do I want to pick up The Wire on Amazon right now for $60?

?

8fc403983be2d5d1f0e36f2aa079a0c4.499x206x10.gif

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
R8 Games (Formula Fusion) secures major investment from external funding partners!

This week I am very happy to announce that we have secured sufficient funding to take the game through to completion in Q3 2016.

Firstly; apologies for the lack of updates. As with all business deals, we went through a period of due diligence as a studio, which took longer than expected, and we needed to make sure things were signed off in order to communicate the progress we have made. An official announcement will be made to the press and media shortly but I wanted to give you an exclusive heads-up!

Talks have also been ongoing with distribution and publishing partners in relation to the console delivery, including marketing and PR, so we can increase the exposure and the results of these talks will be announced over the coming months.

It's no secret that we have been through some pretty dark times here at the studio and as a result we had to let some friends go. We made some mistakes with our projections trying to ramp up too quickly and we suffered as a result; as a new independent studio you quickly learn that even with all the best will in the world times can be hard. But over the last 10 weeks I have been busy making sure we could structure the studio as a viable business so we can deliver the full game onto PC and Consoles, including the stretch goals we outlined on Kickstarter. The company needed a slight re-alignment, but things are back on track now.

It is understandable that many of you have become frustrated with the apparent lack of progress and we now aim to win back your confidence through being pro-active again, bringing you some exciting updates over the next few months and we will keep this page busy with progress reports. Now is the time to stop with the excuses and get on with making the game we are all excited about.

Regards,
Andrew Walker.
Founder and Creative Director
R8 Games Ltd.

Dsyndrome

Same question, but replace "The Wire" with "Interplay Ultimate Collection" and replace $60 with $25.

I don't think I'd ever play any of this again...

The Freespace games are like X-Wing and Tie Fighter and compare pretty well to them, and the early Earthworm Jim's are the bees knees, others in that collection like Screamer and VR Soccer 96 I've never even heard of. I'd say pick and choose in the collection unless you really want all the GOG +1's.

Not enough flightstick love these days IMO.

Bought the gold version of Anno 2205 yesterday. Tried running it but the CD key they gave me wouldn't activate on Uplay. It kept telling me that the key was for the wrong region.

So then I have to bounce between Ubi support and Steam support to try and get them to fix the problem. Figured it wasn't worth the hassle and just refunded it.

Uplay strikes again.

oipic

Such an awewome game. Hope you guys win all keys so we can have game nights :)

I'm not one for a lot of multiplayer gaming (mostly due to general suckage on my part), but there's something about Vermintide that would make me jump in, I think. Looks like a good time.

r3n4ud

I'm not one for a lot of multiplayer gaming (mostly due to general suckage on my part), but there's something about Vermintide that would make me jump in, I think. Looks like a good time.
Don't worry about it. It's okay to suck since you can stick close to your teammates and work together. If you enjoyed Left4Dead, you'll love this game. Upgrading your weapons never gets old and beating rat ass is always a great time!

diamount

Banned
Instructions for diamount:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (diamount, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Banished (GOG) -- MB-43DEE527DE187AF7 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 5 entrants total.

t1446685502z1.png

Anyone know how to fix slow internet? It works but everything loads slow and takes an extra 2-3 seconds to load. Streams won't work since my speed is too slow.

Jazz573

Giving away some bundle keys. One is from today's Bundle Star bundle. One is a key I accidentally took. One is from a Bundle Star bundle a few weeks back (the one with Contradiction). The rest are old keys that I had lying around.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jazz573, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Toki Tori -- MB-06E9408F42520716 - Taken by Corvo Jensen
IHF Handball Challenge 12 -- MB-2CB69B97BDFE4FA2 - Taken by yoshizzle
Town of Salem -- MB-AAFE1BA0B4462EAC - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Yury -- MB-70D7443E0ABCE1F6 - Taken by Tesseract
Runestone Keeper -- MB-CCC286A8C072AD0A - Taken by user237
Toxic Bunny HD -- MB-B7488DBAB6B18FDA - Taken by Purkake4
Mr. Bree Plus -- MB-FBD5B02638DEFB56
Might not work, let me know.
Lovely Planet -- MB-C37731B4A62D2CC7 - Taken by Vlad

Reset your DNS settings with command prompt ipconfig /flushdns?
Anyone know how to fix slow internet? It works but everything loads slow and takes an extra 2-3 seconds to load. Streams won't work since my speed is too slow.
Oh yes, I remember getting that advice as well from a person here.
If your using win 8.1, this seems to be a known problem. I've had the same issue as well. However magically it fixed by itself. Here are some things you can do to see if it helps:

How to fix DNS Server Not Responding Error Normally
Open command prompt window by clicking on Run –> cmd (run with administrator privilege)

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt This will reset the ip

type netsh winsock reset. This command will create a prompt to restart the computer, don’t restart now. This will help reset winsock settings. Although resetting winsock is not related to this error, this might be helpful in fixing other issues which can lead to this error.

type ipconfig /flushdns This will help in flushing the stored DNS cache. Restart the computer and check if the issue is fixed.

Try this step if you still have the same problem.

Do a power cycle of modem and computer. Turn off your computer and then turn off the modem and router (if present). Keep it turned off for 5mts and then restart all the devices.Check if the issue is fixed.

Revert Network Adapter Drivers

If you have recently turned up to Windows 8.1, it is informed that the Network Adapter drivers have already been updated with this major Windows update. This might be the reason of WiFi being not in a working order. The first thing you

can try is to roll back the Network Adapter drivers to an older version in the following way.

On Start screen type Device Manager and hit Enter
In the list of driver categories, expand Network adapters to view items under it
Right click the Wireless Connection and choose to Update Driver Software
In the new screen appeared, click the option Browse my computer for driver software
On the next screen, click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
On Select Network Adapter screen, you will probably find more than one device drivers listed for this hardware
Choose the one stating Manufacturer’s name instead of Microsoft and click Next
Once the installation finishes, Restart your computer to take the effect

Still if the issue is not fixed, try the steps below.

Open ncpa.cpl from Start tab. This will open network connections
right click local area connection, then click properties
Select Internet protocol version(TCP/IPv4), then click properties
Select internet protocol ,select “use the following DNS server address”
change DNS server address to global DNS value given below
Preferred 208.67.222.222
Alternate 208.67.220.220 (You can also use Google’s DNS address preferred 8.8.8.8 and alternate 8.8.4.4)
Check if issue is fixed. Changing the Preferred and Alternate error usually fix most of the cases.

Hope these help

I actually ran across a copy of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars today at a thrift store, but it's sadly not Steam-redeemable. Might pick it up next time I go and try it out. Looks interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom