• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Malebogia is too same-y and unclear?

And speaking of Dark Souls, I think half of its brilliance is completely accidental on From's part. The 'open world' level design in particular.
i see what you mean. i think dark souls is sometimes a bit too obtuse too, but in comparison it might be light and day. can't tell cos i haven't really played that other game, just thought it was funny to tell a game "why can't you be more like dark souls!?" when talking about direction and clarity in mechanics lol

also agree on playing souls being a better use of anyone's time than pretty much any other game
GFWL kneecaps my desire for any replays. I'm not bothering with that ever again.

MUnited83

For you.
So Malebogia is too same-y and unclear?

And speaking of Dark Souls, I think half of its brilliance is completely accidental on From's part. The 'open world' level design in particular.

GFWL kneecaps my desire for any replays. I'm not bothering with that ever again.

Good thing that GFWL was patched out almost 1 year ago then :p

Finally won something from that AW stream.

Dunno what to do with it though heh.

give me key pls
( i kid i kid)

Good thing that GFWL was patched out almost 1 year ago then :p
Dark Souls replaced GFWL with Steamworks last year.

what

I feel like this is something I really should've remembered/known... bah. Bah!

Time to replay Dark Souls.

celebratory gif
adFqwRO.gif

Milamber

jCHnoHC.png

I certainly hope the new prices will not be same/higher than what is locally paid for here. Buying it off Steam is always cheaper than buying it physically in-store by a whole 10 USD on new games.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think almost any of it is accidental. i think their success might have, but i think it took an insane amount of confidence to put out something like demons souls and make the decisions needed for that game to be as it was in the time it came out

and dark souls is just master class in level design. the way that game loops around and some of the levels are just masterpieces

they removed gfwl you dumbo

i don't think almost any of it is accidental. i think their success might have, but i think it took an insane amount of confidence to put out something like demons souls and make the decisions needed for that game to be as it was in the time it came out

and dark souls is just master class in level design. the way that game loops around and some of the levels are just masterpieces

they removed gfwl you dumbo

All of the "souls" games are. The intricacies of the level design in all 3 souls games (also echoed in Bloodborne) is absolutely fantastic.

Finally won something from that AW stream.

Dunno what to do with it though heh.

Redeem and play it. Why else would you have entered for a ticket?

Unless you're going to raffle it off here, or give it to a friend...

Cause I know you're not going to be a scumbag and sell it. Well... actually, I don't *know* that... but if you do, I hope your karma catches up with you. ;)

Yes. And by unclear I mean a door is locked and yeah you need 3 keys but I can't be bothered to hunt for 3 keys in a bad game that no ones made a guide for because it's not good.

Meeee :3

Dascu shall smite thee.

--

Also, I just felt like noting I really like the design of the Dead State cards.

Sarcasm

THE only reason I don't know guys is because

Nobody on my list plays it lol. I played the beta and enjoyed it except for the fact I was with bots.

Yai, the person who made the game is a NeoGAF'er who made the game in active development in the IndieGAF Development topic, yes. XD

He also posts in here from time to time and has given away a good number of keys for the game previously. Much like another beloved GAF member who made a game and maybe just posted something about Dascu. ;)

THE only reason I don't know guys is because

Nobody on my list plays it lol. I played the beta and enjoyed it except for the fact I was with bots.

Your friends may pick it up if you're playing it and like it.
And I'm sure you can play online with randoms -- plus there are people in here with it if you add them to your list. (I have it and installed it because of Enter the Dragon Punch... which means he also has it, etc.)

ExoSoul

Banned
Look, I knew where to go in Souls at least. This game is "heres dark cavern #131 because we textured the entire game the same", I'm just saying in comparison.

Regardless, Souls is a much better use of your time. Replaying Souls is too. Anything else is.

You only know where to gon in Souls cause:
A - the maps don't give you much choice (in terms of area to area)
B - people played it before you and everyone talked about it

Also in Malebolgia you don't just win fights with circle strafing.

Dsyndrome

I still want to know how people got to the Great Hollow and Ash Lake without knowing they were there. Of all the places to hide something and it's at the bottom of Blighttown behind two hidden walls.

Damn looks like I can bitch some more about Street Fighter V. Unless this was early stuff, looks like the story mode will be 2D cutscenes rather than 3D like Mortal Kombat. Oh well better then nothing.
http://shoryuken.com/2015/11/04/classic-ken-makes-an-appearance-in-street-fighter-vs-story-mode/
Also Classic Ryu and Ken are here

The costumes look decent, though Ken's is a little rough.
Also, I'm always amused at "classic" Ryu not having red hair. Dude is a ginger unless SF1 wasn't canonical.

Can I play Fallout 4 yet?

I can't wait...

Niiiice.

Soulflarz

Banned
You only know where to gon in Souls cause:
A - the maps don't give you much choice (in terms of area to area)
B - people played it before you and everyone talked about it

Also in Malebolgia you don't just win fights with circle strafing.

What

I played Dark 2/Bloodborne as they launched and had no issues. I was also well ahead of any point where community guides existed :p

And I played Dark without a guide, s-so

but uh, Malebolgia's combat doesn't hold a candle to souls.

What

I played Dark 2/Bloodborne as they launched and had no issues. I was also well ahead of any point where community guides existed :p

1 man indie developer VS. AAA development team/studio.

Keep digging. ;)

Uzzy

Interesting, but Lara never wears that in game though. Pretty damn sure anyway.

The Aviatrix Skin gives her a bomber jacket. It's the best outfit really.

TR2013 may have been the worst game of last gen for me, but it's still a good get I suppose.

Damn looks like I can bitch some more about Street Fighter V. Unless this was early stuff, looks like the story mode will be 2D cutscenes rather than 3D like Mortal Kombat. Oh well better then nothing.
http://shoryuken.com/2015/11/04/classic-ken-makes-an-appearance-in-street-fighter-vs-story-mode/
Also Classic Ryu and Ken are here

It's pretty bad that SFV having a tutorial is such an improvement over SF4's offerings. The art's pretty shitty though, hope that's not the final version, cause that's not even up to Skullgirls level yet, let alone something like BlazBlue or Guilty Gear.

ExoSoul

Banned
What

Show me an area in Souls/Borne that's not 2-3 exits and physical/death borders.
It's more rock-paper-scissor yes but you actually have to manage your attacks for reasons beyond stamina, bruteforcing will get you nowhere.

And don't get me wrong, it's fine for you not to like the game. Just don't call it trash when it clearly isn't.

Jawmuncher

The Aviatrix Skin gives her a bomber jacket. It's the best outfit really.

TR2013 may have been the worst game of last gen for me, but it's still a good get I suppose.

It's pretty bad that SFV having a tutorial is such an improvement over SF4's offerings. The art's pretty shitty though, hope that's not the final version, cause that's not even up to Skullgirls level yet, let alone something like BlazBlue or Guilty Gear.

Yeah the quality of the Art Work is probably my biggest complaint. Hell the format in a sense in general. Really expected more than this from capcom, it's better then nothing but it's still kind of sad to see this.

Soulflarz

Banned
1 man indie developer VS. AAA development team/studio.

Keep digging. ;)

Uh...saying one man made a game vs a team doesn't mean the one man game is suddenly better than it is, nor is it a good counterpoint :<

Show me an area in Souls/Borne that's not 2-3 exits and physical/death borders.
It's more rock-paper-scissor yes but you actually have to manage your attacks for reasons beyond stamina, bruteforcing will get you nowhere.

And don't get me wrong, it's fine for you not to like the game. Just don't call it trash when it clearly isn't.

I think the game is not good at all. There. These are called opinions, they are not subjective in any way. I personally disliked my time with it immensely and found the combat to be unenjoyable.

Lain

Just like people cut some slack to Bethesda's bugged and ugly games because open world!, you gotta cut some slack to a game made by 1 person.

Knurek

jCHnoHC.png

I certainly hope the new prices will not be same/higher than what is locally paid for here. Buying it off Steam is always cheaper than buying it physically in-store by a whole 10 USD on new games.

Please enjoy half of the store being unavailable for you, because who cares about some weird currency...

Soulflarz

Banned
Just like people cut some slack to Bethesda's bugged and ugly games because open world!, you gotta cut some slack to a game made by 1 person.

Oh sure, I didn't mention random things I expect of indie games (shoutout to the stair rails fallthrough)

I just didn't enjoy what I played of the game, and my personal recommendation is to play other things instead. Not sure why that got a defense of "no your opinion is simply wrong" :x

Morning guys.

Do we know yet which games will be on the monthly bundle?

Not confirmed, still on assumptions off the pictures.

I don't always give the benefit of the doubt, but when I do it's for established IPs owned by giant corporations.

Seriously though, I'm more interested in Malbolgia now than I was before... I dunno if it's the comparisons to Souls, or the spectre of mediocrity, but there's something there drawing me to it.
Sorry, backlog. You'll just have to deal with it.
Morning guys.

Do we know yet which games will be on the monthly bundle?

Tomb Raider (2013) seems like a contender, based on some email image shown upthread.

Soulflarz

Banned
I don't always give the benefit of the doubt, but when I do it's for established IPs owned by giant corporations.

Seriously though, I'm more interested in Malbolgia now than I was before... I dunno if it's the comparisons to Souls, or the spectre of mediocrity, but there's something there drawing me to it.
Sorry, backlog. You'll just have to deal with it.

Do it! It's good to form your own opinion, especially on a game which isn't really known, hence we have more people's views :3

Uzzy

Yeah the quality of the Art Work is probably my biggest complaint. Hell the format in a sense in general. Really expected more than this from capcom, it's better then nothing but it's still kind of sad to see this.

Hopefully it's just placeholder art and will be improved for the final product. I'd have been happy to see MKX level cutscenes, but I've no problem with the visual novel method either. Just as long as it's up to par with the ArcSys games. So far, this isn't.

Jazz573

So today SP's English localization of G-Senjou no Maou is launching on Steam. Unfortunately the game had 4:3 backgrounds but for some reason the devs (not SP) decided to crop them to 16:9. Also, no word yet on an 18+ release, for any of you interested in that.

Steam Page

Uh...saying one man made a game vs a team doesn't mean the one man game is suddenly better than it is, nor is it a good counterpoint :<

You can't expect Dark Souls level gameplay/mechanics from a one man team (where this may have even been his first game). Nobody is saying that it's a masterpiece, but you have to have some perspective.

For an effort made by one man, potentially as his first development project ever, it's an admirable effort at that. It may not have the gameplay mechanics, flashy graphics, or overall level of polish that one of the FROM souls games has, but still... it's a good first effort all things considered.

Backlogger

Should I sign up for the Humble monthly? Did we ever find out which games will be in it?

I'm still trying to decide as well. Some people think TR 2013 based on the image in the latest email but I am not convinced yet since the image on the site shows the character holding a stick with a red sack at the end. I don't remember seeing anything like that in TR

Hmm if that is true I think I will pass. I own all of those games except LoG2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom