• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

No Twin Peaks is sad, we still get X-Files so I am not all that mad. Plus Fargo is amazing and Ash Vs. Evil Dead delivers on every front so far.

dex3108

I just watched Fallout 4 stream for 10 minutes and i saw NPC speaking same scentence over and over and over again, NPC stuck in corner, unbelievably simple geometry and bad textures, animation glitches, really poor interior lightning, acceptable lipsync. It will be really sad if reviews don't mention at least half of those things.

Phinor

I just watched Fallout 4 stream for 10 minutes and i saw NPC speaking same scentence over and over and over again, NPC stuck in corner, unbelievably simple geometry and bad textures, animation glitches, really poor interior lightning, acceptable lipsync. It will be really sad if reviews don't mention at least half of those things.

Ooh, it's a Fallout game using an incarnation of Gamebryo. Can't wait!

Dr Dogg

But what if the reviewer doesn't experience them first hand? Totally possible that in a large scale open world game that you can avoid certain bugs entirely or on the flipside have them non stop. You'll hear some folks talk about the quality of Skyrim's PS3 version and how reviewers not mention it being the 'greatest injustice in the world!' but it's a bit hard when next to no PS3 copies went out for review. I think even Playstation focused outlets got sent 360 copies.

derFeef

Last night I dreamt I went to Gaf and got a new tag: "pygmy" in orange color.
I had a new name too but I can't remember it now, something cool though because I was excited. Heh.

Hektor

But what if the reviewer doesn't experience them first hand? Totally possible that in a large scale open world game that you can avoid certain bugs entirely or on the flipside have them non stop. You'll hear some folks talk about the quality of Skyrim's PS3 version and how reviewers not mention it being the 'greatest injustice in the world!' but it's a bit hard when next to no PS3 copies went out for review. I think even Playstation focused outlets got sent 360 copies.

If a Playstation outlet doesnt mention the Playstation version beeing awful because they played the xbox version, than that is entirely their fault and deserves a backlash, unless they disclosed this in their review, if you ask me.

Deitus

They could only review the copies they were given of course, but the fact that Bethesda wasn't giving out any PS3 copies should have been a huge red flag. After the game launched on PS3 and was the shit show that it was, it should have gotten a lot more coverage from games media (outside the context of a review).

Dr Dogg

If a Playstation outlet doesnt mention the Playstation version beeing awful because they played the xbox version, than that is entirely their fault and deserves a backlash, unless they disclosed this in their review, if you ask me.

Yep that's it give the reviewer shit instead of the publisher deliberately obfuscating the problems by not sending a version they know has issues. Talk about shooting the messenger.

Monooboe

The only thing I'm really worried about when it comes to Fallout 4, is that I won't get it on release day since I ordered it retail.:p Honestly I don't expect much from it when it comes to the parts but as someone said so nicely in this thread, that it will be the sum of it all.

dex3108

Well it will be impossible that all reviewers finish game without at least one of those bugs or glitches. Just don't get me wrong i want that Fallout is good game but i just want to see that reviewers don't have double standards and that they mention those things in one review and not in other even though they are same issues.

Yep that's it give the reviewer shit instead of the publisher deliberately obfuscating the problems by not sending a version they know has issues. Talk about shooting the messenger.

Yeah it is sad when people attack reviewers when they only have got what they have in front of them to work with.

Mind you, it would be nice if one of them mentioned the game is as boring as fuck, which it almost certainly will be.

Hektor

If a platform specific outlet cant review the version of a game corresponding to their outlets focus and cant be bothered to disclose the fact its entirely up to them, as readers will ofcourse assume that platform specific sites such as "Dualshockers" review Playsation copies and not xbox or pc ones unless mentioned otherwise.

Its all about information and communication.

Arthea

Humble got me confused with their weekly shenanigans. Are we getting a new HWB today or not? Probably not

In other news

November 14th

edited: it's probably safe to assume that the price will be the same as Onikakushi, I hope they'll give small loyalty discount for later chapters, that would be nice

Lain

In other news

November 14th

edited: it's probably safe to assume that the price will be the same as Onikakushi, I hope they'll give small loyalty discount for later chapters, that would be nice

Price is $7.15 if you proerder now on MG site, $7.95 after release. Dunno if they'll have some first week discount but I wouldn't bet on it.

kurahador

November 14th

Shiettt. I still didn't finish Chapter 1 due to too much familiarity with the anime.

Does Chapter 1 need to be beaten multiple time to get all the achievements?

Arthea

Price is $7.15 if you proerder now on MG site, $7.95 after release. Dunno if they'll have some first week discount but I wouldn't bet on it.

I dunno, I think price on their site was different from steam price last time too, or maybe I'm misremembering things, as I couldn't buy it then because no paypal.

Shiettt. I still didn't finish Chapter 1 due to too much familiarity with the anime.

Does Chapter 1 need to be beaten multiple time to get all the achievements?

nope, one time is enough and VN is better than anime, you should finish it.

edited: talking about Higurashi, I hope it's eligible for our GOTY, in this particular cases waiting for all chapters doesn't seem right.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
According to the AU and NZ store pages for BLOPS 3, the game is unlocking here (and there) at 3pm UTC.

t1446735600z0.png

Lain

My understanding is that BLOPS is liked much more than normal CoD in here, though the last CoD was also well liked or something?

M.D

Weight limits in games are so freaking annoying

I've played 40 hours of New Vegas and finally decided to remove it with a cheat command. I also did it in The Witcher 2 and it was such a relief not having to worry about that shit

Milamber

MOTHER OF F-----

I just got rear ended at the intersection right outside my office and my insurance company only accepts police accident reports from 10 am-1 pm and it's 2:50 pm now. Right on the weekend too so I can only catch them on Sunday.

Why did I decide to go out for lunch now!?

Arthea

Apparently new (old) card drop rate is reward for not doing refunds and buying a lot of games on steam, because I know people that refunded nothing but still are getting 2 hours with no cards.
I'm glad to be in this exclusive club, but that probably means I can't refund anything in the future, not that I plan to, but things can happen.

aw350

Banned
... I know people that refunded nothing but still are getting 2 hours with no cards.

Confirming that this was my experience too (I wrote one or two days ago).

About 200 games which were never touched, never refunded a thing, no cards at all until each game was idled for 2 hours. After that, though, cards galore (like 30 per night).

Arthea

Confirming that this was my experience too (I wrote one or two days ago).

About 200 games which were never touched, never refunded a thing, no cards at all until each game was idled for 2 hours. After that, though, cards galore (like 30 per night).

Do you happen to know how many games you've bought directly from steam? I'm curious what the threshold is.

Ludens

Banned
I'm not liking DS2 Sins. At all.

The game just throws you a legion of enemies from nowhere. Like in the sword location, you walk, you take an item, and the game rains enemies, like 5 or 6 of them.

Plus the new enemy pursuing you is very annoying. You play, you are fight an enemy, and the game spawns this dude right behind of you. I already fought him four times, and usually I find him at the end of a hard section, like when you fight the three sentinels.

I don't know if I'll keep playing, I only want to do the three DLCs I'm missing, but I need to redo the whole game and it seems way harder than DS2 to me, but in a cheap way.

tmarg

I'm not liking DS2 Sins. At all.

The game just throws you a legion of enemies from nowhere. Like in the sword location, you walk, you take an item, and the game rains enemies, like 5 or 6 of them.

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, I'm pretty sure it was like that in the original.

Ludens

Banned
If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, I'm pretty sure it was like that in the original.

I don't know, I don't remember, but I also found other places filled with enemies. In example, in the forest of giant, where there's that white knight you can awake and fight, now he is not here anymore, but there's a fuckton of enemies instead, much more compared to the original game. Even in the bastille, I reached a point in which I went down a ladder and like six dogs plus a red spectre attacked me the moment I put my feet on the ground, and I couldn't see them from up the ladder.

Dunno, it seems just unfair to me.

Even in the bastille, I reached a point in which I went down a ladder and like six dogs plus a red spectre attacked me the moment I put my feet on the ground, and I couldn't see them from up the ladder.

That part was also exactly the same in vanilla

You just need the right strategies

aw350

Banned
Do you happen to know how many games you've bought directly from steam? I'm curious what the threshold is.

Account records on steam show about 180 purchases prior to the day I started idling, about 30-40 of them are bundles (so, more than one title). Other games I got from bundles on Indiegala and similar sites, from raffles here, etc.

Ludens

Banned
That part was also exactly the same in vanilla

You just need the right strategies

Maybe I'm rusty, than, because I did DS2 with no particular problems, fighting some bosses on co-op, majority on solo, but here I'm having a hard time, even because now some roads are blocked by those statues.

Maybe I'm rusty, than, because I did DS2 with no particular problems, fighting some bosses on co-op, majority on solo, but here I'm having a hard time, even because now some roads are blocked by those statues.

You're right though that much of DS2's design boils down to "more enemies", even for bosses. It's a fun game, but encounter and boss design just took a huge step back compared to DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom