• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

my niece has to wait 2 hours, never refunded anything, most games she has are gifted or bought outside of steam, if that's not it, then I don't know what is. Any ideas?

edited: it can't be random... or can it?

It looks random, but it might be something that we don't know yet.
I haven't heard of anyone having refunded and not having to deal with 2 hr delay, so that might be one of conditions.

Buraindo

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure enemies don't 'spawn' in DarkSouls. They are basically hiding.

The first level basically forces you to git gud. If you liked Dark Souls, I say stick with it.

Some genius in Dark Souls 2 thought it'd be a good idea to have dark phantom enemies spawn out of nowhere, but this only happens in NG+ or if you use Ascetics in some areas.

I'm not liking DS2 Sins. At all.

The game just throws you a legion of enemies from nowhere. Like in the sword location, you walk, you take an item, and the game rains enemies, like 5 or 6 of them.

Plus the new enemy pursuing you is very annoying. You play, you are fight an enemy, and the game spawns this dude right behind of you. I already fought him four times, and usually I find him at the end of a hard section, like when you fight the three sentinels.

I don't know if I'll keep playing, I only want to do the three DLCs I'm missing, but I need to redo the whole game and it seems way harder than DS2 to me, but in a cheap way.

Well the Pursuer was meant to be far more present in the main game so consider his current number of appearances to be the actual official and intended one.
That being said, yes DSII is often cheap and all but the game has some equally cheap ways of balancing this. There should be a couple of NPCs you can summon in almost every area so you can get your own personal army and don't forget that there's about 10 different types of healing items you can use. It's also a good idea to not proceed too fast and pick enemies from afar, at least to see if they're groups or single ones.

Fuck.

I've played a lot of Dark Souls, and I do mean a lot.
I never had any issues while playing online, untill now.

I just met a cheating basterd while playing Dark Souls 2: Scholar Of The First Sin. He invaded my game, turned invisible, killed everyone in Majula, destroyed my equipped items and teleported me to the other side of Drangleic.

My game is pretty much fucked.

I've left my happy place.
What kind of idiot thinks this is a fun thing to do?

Ugh.

Good grief that's beyond awful.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I was disappointed by TW3 - I stopped after like 4 hours in. But I did not like TW2 as much as Witcher 1 to begin with so you can say the series go worse for me :(

I also didn't like W2 that much (loved W1 though). But W3 just blew me away.

Speaking of games exceeding expectations I'm surprised nobody mentioned Life is Strange yet.

Buraindo

...What issues are those? MUH PRIVACY is overblown when you can rip/turn those off.

They turned VAC off because they couldn't get it right (plus leery about it messing with mods).

Cheating is rampant in the PC version. I dunno why people want to play online anyway. Nothing but griefing. From really should have the option to toggle that bullshit on/off when you want.

Let's not blow things out of proportion. It is something that happens but it's not that common.

Durante

...What issues are those?
Leaking memory like a sieve for one.

Cheating is rampant in the PC version. I dunno why people want to play online anyway. Nothing but griefing. From really should have the option to toggle that bullshit on/off when you want.
Well, that's about as wrong as the first part of your post.

I played DS2 for >200 hours online around its release, interacting with literally hundreds of players, and encountered 1 (one) cheater.

derExperte

1) Are the characters purely cosmetic or do they impact the gameplay? 2) Is there a matchmaking or lobby search where you could drop in with randoms? 3) Does playing with randoms suck? 4) Can you play the game casually and still be successful or will it be frustrating until you unlock better stuff?

1) 100% cosmetic 2) yes but I only ever use the server browser, works great for finding empty spots 3) no, community is one of the best except when a level 0 scrub decides to jump into a high difficulty match, don't do that 4) even on normal a bad team won't make it far but pick one class and keep at it, leveling up is important but so is learning how to play

Jawmuncher

1) 100% cosmetic 2) yes but I only ever use the server browser, works great for finding empty spots 3) no, community is one of the best except when a level 0 scrub decides to jump into a high difficulty match, don't do that 4) even on normal a bad team won't make it far but pick one class and keep at it, leveling up is important but so is learning how to play

welcome back

That was at launch, but I've done A LOT of PVP and invasions and met only a handful of cheaters in DS2. Maybe that changed but I had a good experience.

Arthea

Leaking memory like a sieve for one.

Well, that's about as wrong as the first part of your post.

I played DS2 for >200 hours online around its release, interacting with literally hundreds of players, and encountered 1 (one) cheater.

that's not necessary means anything for somebody who did meet, and I agree that such things should be switchable off entirely. More gameplay options are better than less, but when they are forced (I'm against any forced interaction with people while playing games in non purely multiplay games, just to be clear) on someone who doesn't want those, it's still a bad thing.

long time no see! How are games?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
that's not necessary means anything for somebody who did meet, and I agree that such things should be switchable off entirely. More gameplay options are better than less, but when they are forced (I'm against any forced interaction with people while playing games in non purely multiplay games, just to be clear) on someone who doesn't want those, it's still a bad thing.?
Play the game offline?

Nzyme32

...What issues are those? MUH PRIVACY is overblown when you can rip/turn those off.

Always wait for SP1. And I don't think the privacy issues are over blown at all, however I do think that for many it simply isn't a matter of concern to them

Buraindo

that's not necessary means anything for somebody who did meet, and I agree that such things should be switchable off entirely. More gameplay options are better than less, but when they are forced (I'm against any forced interaction with people while playing games in non purely multiplay games, just to be clear) on someone who doesn't want those, it's still a bad thing.

I agree that the games need an in game option to go offline, there's absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be one.
However it's incorrect to say that cheating is rampant. I understand not wanting to deal with invaders and whatnot but there's no need to make inaccurate statements to scare people away from the multiplayer which ,while far from perfect, can still be a fantastic experience.

Played over 160hours Dark Souls 2, always online. Encountered 2 cheaters.

Rampant it ain't for sure.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Cities: Skylines Patch 1.2.2-f2 is live | Building limits increased!

Patch notes for 1.2.2-f2
  • Zone limit increased 50%
  • Building limit increased 50%
  • Road segment limit increased 12.5%
  • Fixed some issues when loading saves with missing assets.
  • Commercial specializations exposed in the Asset Editor for DLC owners
  • Fixed an issue where pre-DLC vehicles would fail to load in the Asset Editor
  • AfterDark badge added on top of assets thumbnails in the Template selector of the asset editor which uses AfterDark only features
  • Content Manager also disable the asset using DLC feature which wont work in the base game and offer a link to the DLC store page
  • Fixed Tropical and European cliff textures showing disgusting lines
  • After Dark expansion: Text: UI: The mouse over text of the Specializations income is incorrect.
  • After Dark expansion: LOC: RUS: Asset Editor: The "Day/Night Control" text is cut off.
  • After Dark expansion: Text: Menu: Incorrect mouse over tooltip text for Prisoners and Cyclists in the City Statistics menu.
  • Fixed tree lod shadow clipping with tall trees
  • Fixed bikes coming out of the plane at airports
  • Updated the storage method for Paradox account credentials
  • Fixed the day/night control slider label position in Map and Asset editor

More information and full thread here.

Regards,
The Cities Team

Arthea

I agree that the games need an in game option to go offline, there's absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be one.
However it's incorrect to claim that cheating is rampant. I understand not wanting to deal with invaders and whatnot but there's no need to make inaccurate statements to scare people away from the multiplayer which ,while far from perfect, can still be a fantastic experience.

The reason why I jumped into this discussion, that argument "it never happens to me, who cares about the rest" has to go, it does no good for any dicussion be it games or OS. Even if statistic shows that cheating isn't rampant, it's still never non existent and bad luck totally exists, same as good luck.
I didn't mean to badmouth DS2 in any way with my reply.

scitek

So, when did CoD: Advanced Warfare get all fixed up? I played it last night for the first time in months, and I noticed youre now able to switch graphics options without the game needing to restart and make you watch a cutscene, and the cinematics were all smooth as opposed to the stuttering messes they once were. It actually made me shake my head because it should've launched like that.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
.... burn a Human Effigy at the Bonfire. It ain't hard.
You also barely get invaded at all if you don't want to anyways 0.o

Yeah, you can also just burn a human effigy at a bonfire if you don't want to get invaded.

Beating a boss in an area gives the same effect.

Guys. I'm actually enjoying FF13-2.

How am I supposed to feel about this?

giphy.gif

I really like the monster aspect of it and the minimal amount of fuck all annoying characters that the first one had. Serah isn't super annoying yet, and I have her running around in 'Beachwear' because reasons.

The puzzles aren't too bad and are a nice switch in pace. So far things are slightly reminiscent of Chrono Trigger
from a super fucked time jumping timeline perspective

Buraindo

The reason why I jumped into this discussion, that argument "it never happens to me, who cares about the rest" has to go, it does no good for any dicussion be it games or OS. Even if statistic shows that cheating isn't rampant, it's still never non existent and bad luck totally exists, same as good luck.
I didn't mean to badmouth DS2 in any way with my reply.

Let's not blow things out of proportion. It is something that happens but it's not that common.

Is what I'm trying to say here, so I'm not disagreeing with you heh. Also no badmouthing happened and I doubt I'd be bothered if it did.

Arthea

I really like the monster aspect of it and the minimal amount of fuck all annoying characters that the first one had. Serah isn't super annoying yet, and I have her running around in 'Beachwear' because reasons.

The puzzles aren't too bad and are a nice switch in pace. So far things are slightly reminiscent of Chrono Trigger
from a super fucked time jumping timeline perspective

yay! someone not badmouthing puzzles!
I like those too

That's tri-Ace for you.
They can take a clusterfuck of FF13 proportions and make an actually enjoyable game out of it.

youaredamnright.gif

Jawmuncher

FF13-2 is actually a good game, really good, if you can ignore that story that is, many can't.
So you'll be fine.

Wasn't a fan of the story and monster catching. Test was fine though. Still prefer the linearity of FF13 though. I will say that the talk of "FF13-2 is so much better than 13" was all kinds of wrong though. Considering how different they are. I think a lot of people just get way too excited for side quests I guess.

Arthea

Wasn't a fan of the story and monster catching. Test was fine though. Still prefer the linearity of FF13 though. I will say that the talk of "FF13-2 is so much better than 13" was all kinds of wrong though. Considering how different they are. I think a lot of people just get way too excited for side quests I guess.

But munchie, it's not that, FF13-2 is a proper FF game, with diversity of gameplay, nice sidequests and lots of things to do if you are willing to do them.
Thus, when I said it's a better game than FF13 I had in mind this, not that people can't enjoy FF13 more but that people are expecting FF to be a FF game, you know.

Jawmuncher

But munchie, it's not that, FF13-2 is a proper FF game, with diversity of gameplay, nice sidequests and lots of things to do if you are willing to do them.
Thus, when I said it's a better game than FF13 I had in mind this, not that people can't enjoy FF13 more but that people are expecting FF to be a FF game, you know.

That's not entirely what I was getting at. To me it feels like a step to being a "standard" FF game but not quite. Since it's still radically different then most others in the series. Especially with multiple endings and levels to travel to. Not a big deal though FF13 vs 13-2 isn't much of a discussion since theyre both still lacking to those typical FF game formulas. Regardless of enjoyment you can have.

It's getting seriously aggravating to browse Gaf on mobile. These pop-ups (not even a real pop-up but going to a new page) are coming obnoxiously frequent lately and getting back is a pain. Only pressing "back" half a dozen times quickly gets you back on gaf.

r3n4ud

It's getting seriously aggravating to browse Gaf on mobile. These pop-ups (not even a real pop-up but going to a new page) are coming obnoxiously frequent lately and getting back is a pain. Only pressing "back" half a dozen times quickly gets you back on gaf.
Ah man, I hear ya. For the past few weeks I get the cell-phone tips ad pop up and I have to hit back like 15 times. Other folks in OT are having the same problem.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Same here. It's super annoying. D:

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Gobble along with the inhabitants of Hinamizawa soon!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InfiniteNine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Higurashi When They Cry Watanagashi -- MB-14857B3BE755DB90 - Taken by Jazz573. 16 entrants total.

t1446747184z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom