• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyware

I really hope I did this right and all the keys are correct. Bash me otherwise!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spyware, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-7ADF40382F3FA79B - Taken by nja
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-08227FC0C5DBB0A0 - Taken by darkchewie
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-A03EEA2ACA879E10
The Cat Lady -- MB-94FC65EC7FD1656F - Taken by fspm
Dead Space -- MB-CE80CDEFC41BA112 - Taken by The Reloader
Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love -- MB-69B224FB1F609E1E - Taken by Phawx
LIMBO, Amnesia, Sword & Sworcery and Psychonauts -- MB-F41CDED7836A1589 - Taken by Vazduh
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-96F4055BFD7E09C5 - Taken by LuckyEMS
Waking Mars -- MB-8BFE39F3D7AB829E - Taken by electroflame
Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles and Jamestown -- MB-C404C2EA94E5DBD6 - Taken by crazyrabbits
140 -- MB-4A2DDE67BF9F0BC6 - Taken by Mengy
Saints Row: The Third -- MB-11B795908B714E2F - Taken by anastef
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten -- MB-8C5FBEA8CA1BC7BE - Taken by PossumMeat
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-A37ED3929D4FD183 - Taken by ohblahitsme
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Prototypes -- MB-9B05036687083E60 - Taken by Benedict
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-B7ACC371113E78A3 - Taken by Maniac
Ms. Splosion Man -- MB-4D67E587DE2D6AC1 - Taken by Tellaerin
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- MB-0BE0880E720CD59A - Taken by nature boy
Dear Esther -- MB-A1D9E47ECF55A5C9 - Taken by Woody Invincible
Long Live The Queen -- MB-3CDF195D05C5F06B - Taken by bronson
Antichamber -- MB-F6684BA8C45FE57D - Taken by GrinningColossus
Proteus -- MB-0EC97F81F4F8ABAD - Taken by Danielsan
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-868D11E90D503811 - Taken by adriano999
Zeno Clash -- MB-C4D3C67ACD137083 - Taken by deadflower81

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im so giddy tee hee

fuck you guys, let me have this moment for 1 day! >_<

Happy Friday!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator -- MB-EAB7626DE1B1DB56 - Taken by jshackles
LYNE -- MB-2A0E9B0B9C8BD378 - Taken by Nabs
Cube & Star: An Arbitrary Love -- MB-E24F049441B288DD - Taken by Locust
Proteus -- MB-BBE8A6A8AFABCFB0 - Taken by arts&crafts
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-9D8D698A8E57FF8E - Taken by Saty
Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call -- MB-C72FD0989BA23DDE - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-47231B3C25522FDB - Taken by Maniac

Phawx

Hey guys,

before I scrounge another key from a giveaway. Are their any unwritten rules? Like limit yourself to 1 a day or something?

Nabs

Hmm, didn't Chrome use to throw a fit with some gifs?
Personally, as you can't use page up/down in the bookmark bar, well that makes us mortal enemies.

That was a really long time ago. Chrome handles gifs like a champ now.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Some old Sid Meier's games got released on Steam and even those are region locked. This pretty much confirms that it's default now :(

Colonization and Pirates! Classic are on Steam now? Fucking awesome.

Not so much the region locking thing though :/

oh cool, my categories were in my butt

thank you based butt

first person to guess the first game im downloading gets... nothing because its too obvious :(

...Well, I can't not quote it :p

Monooboe

It's so weird, I loved Shadow of Mordor and Alien: Isolation... but I haven't really been in the mood to play them for days.o_O I think I might need a deep RPG, the new Dragon Age would do nicely.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant remember half the sites I had bookmarked >_>

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Time to go live out my dream of being a starship captain.

I've always found that game intriguing. It's so focused in it's design and direction, I don't even know if you CAN play it in some form of single player mode or not. I know the last time I looked into it you really couldn't.

Went ahead and got The Evil Within + Season Pass bundle at GMG for $49.49...thank you 25% off voucher

Got the keys once the order was completed (Game, Fighting Chance pack, and Season Pass)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Crash Time 2 -- MB-477C2C5814722A7E - Taken by adriano999

Rhaknar

good lord at these game sizes, Alien is 24gb, FF13 is of course 60, whats Mordor? like 40?

FloatOn

can we talk about alienware alpha for a moment?

how shitty exactly is the $550 model? I'm not hungry for top of the line exactly but I'm thinking a no-fuss pre-built might be perfect for me.

These things are coming out in november I think. And the hype is strong with me for some of these newer games (alien, mordor, evil within etc)

I'm fully aware of the somewhat crappy reputuation this company has. but I just want a capable gaming pc to sit under my tv on the cheap.

So, Wolf TNO going for around $10 before the year is over...wonder if it's possible? It dropped to $30 during the summer sale, but they still haven't lowered the damned base price from $60 grumble grumble.

derExperte

Why when someone does a giveaway for a free game, like Crash Time 2, the giveaway hoster is anonymous?
I mean, I also hosted a giveaway for this, but why this is anonymous?

Maybe the giver wants to hide that he only gives away free stuff while trying to reach Megagiver- or Pay-it-forward-status. Which barely anyone uses right now and nobody cares anyway. So who knows.

Why when someone does a giveaway for a free game, like Crash Time 2, the giveaway hoster is anonymous?
I mean, I also hosted a giveaway for this, but why this is anonymous?

To avoid people judging said person for giving away a free game through modbot to bump their stats.

Or something like that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

how shitty exactly is the $550 model? I'm not hungry for top of the line exactly but I'm thinking a no-fuss pre-built might be perfect for me.

These things are coming out in november I think. And the hype is strong with me for some of these newer games (alien, mordor, evil within etc)

I'm fully aware of the somewhat crappy reputuation this company has. but I just want a capable gaming pc to sit under my tv on the cheap.

How capable are you of building your own PC, and how much does "size of completed product" factor into your decision to buy?

Parsnip

Play Styx.
Srsly.
It's almost the game we hoped Asscrud was.
(It's a bit jankier, but then it doesn't have the population of a small country working on it, or the GNP of one as budget)

But does it have cities? We all know that AC isn't a stealth game, it's a parkour game, and evidently European cities are best for parkour. :p

Grief.exe

FFXIII shots

The reality is Alienware is rarely a good option, if ever.

didamangi

If you're willing to build it yourself it'll be better than buying an alienware. It can be daunting at first but building a PC is pretty much easy these days with video tutorials and the wealth of information on the Internet.

Take a look at this thread on NeoGAF if you're interested. They have a mini-ITX/Small Form Factor) build guide in there as well.

FloatOn

How capable are you of building your own PC, and how much does "size of completed product" factor into your decision to buy?

I had a friend help me with the pc I built 3 years ago. This was my first experience putting one together. I'm sure it's not rocket science though.

I just want to avoid any headaches as I don't have as much time as I used to. As underpowered as the thing probably is, it already has an OS and a controller comes with it (which isn't a big deal but kind of a nice bonus). The form factor is also attractive to me and I would imagine it gets less loud than what my pc is now.

If the alpha is as good or potentially a little better than the current consoles and goes for $550 this means that I could potentially grab a secondary console later on and still be under a grand for my gaming hobby. Anything more than that on gaming hardware I would feel a bit excessive. It's a self imposed rule.

The pc I built 3 years ago ended up costing me like $800 or so.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The reality is Alienware is rarely a good option, if ever.

That's usually true, which is why I asked how much the form factor of the machine played into the decision.

For the record, the $550 model is barely scraping by at meeting the system requirements for newer games like Alien. It doesn't meet the minimum CPU requirements for Mordor or The Evil Within.

I think I'd be disappointed in dropping that much cash on the Alpha, when you could buy a PS4 + all three of those games for less.

If the alpha is as good or potentially a little better than the current consoles and goes for $550 this means that I could potentially grab a secondary console later on and still be under a grand for my gaming hobby. Anything more than that on gaming hardware I would feel a bit excessive. It's a self imposed rule.

While technically "better than the current consoles" (on paper) I think you'd have a better experience with the three games you mentioned on a PS4 or Xbox One than this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom