• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
pretty cool that valve added the blue store thingie look to the community part of the site

the inconsistency was driving me nuts, now it's all pretty

Skyzard

Banned
The key revoked was a "free" key from a bug in a digital store, not a traded key.
I wouldn't buy keys from people I don't know though, if they get revoked you can't get anything back. Trading tf2 keys for tradable gifts is different, because Valve can reverse the trade and you get your keys back.

Valve will revoke access whenever there's a chargeback. The cut-off point ultimately depends on the bank in question. This is why it's recommended to buy games with TF2/CS:GO/Dota 2 keys unless you have a trader you can trust as in the event of a chargeback you can have your items returned to you -- there's an inherent safety net, whereas if you paid via PayPal you'd be at the mercy of eBay's historically awful customer service.

Hmm I see thank you both, guess I will try and avoid buying from others, so far it's just been dmix90 and today I grabbed an AMD code for sniper elite 3 from threetri333.

I looked up the prices for tf2 keys and the trades and it's not that cheap. I remember someone mentioned it best to buy in bulk, could anyone point me in the right direction?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone should make a Texas Chainsaw Massacre game.

Or any kind of serial killer/slasher game.

manhuntutdnl.jpg

;)

fantomena

If Pix the Cat comes out on PC/Steam this year, it will be my goty.

BEST.GAME.EVER.

I also need to thx PS Plus. I would never have given a shit about the game if I didn't have PS Plus.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was Manhunt 2 ever on steam? I mean you don't have it.

Oh I played Manhunt 1 & 2. Not that bad, kinda interesting for Rockstar Games to make those.

Valve has historically had a stick up its butt about AO-rated games, a camp which Manhunt 2 falls into. There's reason to believe this has or will change, though, so assuming R* has taken notice, with any luck it'll be available on Steam soon enough.

tylerf

Anyone who has played TitS know if it's absolutely necessary to do every Bracer quest besides for getting the achievement? Some of them are interesting but the "go and kill x monster" quests start to get a bit boring.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished a runthrough on Ryse on the highest difficulty (well apart from Legendary which unlocked after beating it) and I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. I mean, it's not deep and it's obviously full of QTE finishers but it's very satisfying in a simple base way which didn't bore me. You also have to be careful at times because the finishers give you health, xp etc (you select via the dpad which one you want to use at anytime) and the enemies can hit hard at times so sometimes you have to prioritise in order to get much needed health from weaker enemies. Story and voice acting were pretty decent and it rocked along a fast ol pace. If I had bought an xbox one purely for this game and spent £50 on it, sure I'd probably be less enamoured with it. But as a £20 game on the PC I can't deny I had a good time with it. Certainly helps that it looks good too :)

So the campaign was about 6/6.5 hours long and I spent another hour or so on coop. This actually surprised me quite a bit, was really enjoyable. I didn't read anything about it on its xbox one release so I wasn't sure what it was. Basically you have a few different playlists like - Arena, Round By Round, Survival and Solo. I like the way the objectives change whilst in the arena and how the arena itself changes as well. The combat itself doesn't get any deeper but there's a few cool coop moves and you can level up and buy new gear. Sort of reminds me of Gladiator Begins. I'm sure I'll have some fun with it.

So overall it did surprise me, it's not a must buy or a full price buy but I found it perfectly entertaining popcorn fodder. I guess it helps that I love the period as well :)

Hmm I see thank you both, guess I will try and avoid buying from others, so far it's just been dmix90 and today I grabbed an AMD code for sniper elite 3 from threetri333.

I looked up the prices for tf2 keys and the trades and it's not that cheap. I remember someone mentioned it best to buy in bulk, could anyone point me in the right direction?

Buying keys from people you know shouldn't be a risk (because even if the keys got revoked the seller will probably refund you)

Best way of getting games with TF2 keys is buying keys from a key seller (you end up paying like $1.90-1.85 per key) but you need to find a good seller first. Sub Zero used to sell keys here on Gaf, but I don't know if he's still in the business. SourceOp is a good place to find sellers but you need to be very careful and only trade with people with good "rep threads" (people who have "+rep" and stuff like that in their profiles isn't the same as people with good rep threads, rep threads are a SourceOp thread with a collection of feedback for cash trades)
It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but once you get a good supplier everything works smoothly.

Kiru

http://steamcommunity.com/app/265550/tradingforum/613938693188947664/

He has played DR3 for 101 hours and he is a member of the Steamworks Dev group.

To quote someone else I know:
"That guy doesn't know anything, he's just a community manager. Absolutely no connection to the dev or the publisher. Clueless."

and another one:
"Someone else in another group knows him. He's just posting that because of the screenshot."

Also if he had any significance, why would he say "MIGHT"...

Freezard

Does Costume Quest get any different after the first area or is it all the same kind of quests? I just finished the first area and I'm thinking of quitting the game... the combat is super easy and just feels like a time filler... also not my type of humor >_>

Turfster

Does Costume Quest get any different after the first area or is it all the same kind of quests? I just finished the first area and I'm thinking of quitting the game... the combat is super easy and just feels like a time filler... also not my type of humor >_>

It stays mostly the same, yes.

DocSeuss

Is there a reason why you want a 6TB drive in particular? 4TB occupies the upper level of what can be considered a reasonable gig:dollar ratio -- for the price of a 6TB drive you could almost buy two 4TBs and RAID them.

A quick price check yielded $239 for a 4TB WD Black and $289 for a 6TB WD Red. Seems like the 6TB's the better deal.

Was hoping to see what was out there on Black Friday.

Any of these games we don't know?

rtcn63

I'm of the rule never to spend more than $30/GB for storage, bit more for performance drives. (Blacks) I usually buy in pairs though, to mirror data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom