• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

Are Steam/Valve aware of the achievement glitch on certain (all?) games?
That if you are more than one steam-user on a computer and have the same game, the achievement unlocks for all owners of the game.

For example, my daughter just got two achievements in Monster Loves You just by starting the game. War, All Humans Dead & War, Endless Fighting

I think it has more to do with the way how some developers implement the achievements. I once helped someone to get his Binding of Isaac achievements because that game has a bug where it doesn't unlock them. The save file for those is somewhere in the AppData folder in your user path on windows. So I replaced it with his and I got all achievements he earned on startup. Could be the same here with how the game accesses the same file. I'm no expert though^^

Xanathus

it's #14 here in asia

Naruto is at #5

I suspect that the reason it's gone from the NA top sellers list is that the top sellers list is regional and there may be a bug related to that which is causing it because of how there are so many weird region restrictions and packages on FFXIII.

Some stuff I'm getting rid of

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orcs Must Die 2! Complete Pack -- MB-53C2199079D5CD72 - Taken by TheLight. 2 entrants total.
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure -- MB-CC3602D3DB4E8E63 - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
Pixeljunk Eden -- MB-25798869EB1566D0 - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.

t1413140937z1.png

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I think there's more polys making up one of Lightning's nostrils than both her hands put together.

Yes, that's what I think too. Faces are really good, but from the neck down, eh.

Kind of like in MGSV, faces are scanned and look beautiful, but shoulders and the rest are squared. Awful contrast.

XShagrath

Now I gotta know: did that character come out before or after Dumb Donald from Fat Albert? Who was the trendsetter of hats with cut-out eyes? You know, besides the KKK of course.

Dumb Donald was the pioneer for that fashion trend. Secret Squirrel was on Two Stupid Dogs in the mid 90's.

e: Looks like I've been schooled. I didn't even know Super Secret Secret Squirrel was a remake.

tmarg

Now I gotta know: did that character come out before or after Dumb Donald from Fat Albert? Who was the trendsetter of hats with cut-out eyes? You know, besides the KKK of course.

I want to say probably before, SS is from the 1960s. I'm not all that familiar with fat Albert though.

yatesl

I wish there was a web mailing list or Twitter account that lets you know when there are pricing errors, or dirt cheap RUS/CIS/whatever games.

I use the IsThereAnyDeal waitlist to get notified when a game I'm after drops below a certain price - including Steam, Amazon, Gamersgate, Nuuvem etc - but I want one that says "Yo dog, Naruto Ninja Storm Deluxe ROW is only 1 TF2 key right now!"

Miguel81

i have it, but is it as simple as doing what i would do in CCC but in Radeon Pro? and what do i do with CCC?

You use it alongside CCC, but take advantage of the abundant extra graphics options and features. The Global setting uses the settings for pretty much all games that you are playing. I use it to force triple-buffering and vsync, and to lock the framerate to my monitors refresh rate, and screenshots as well. The program even works on a lot of 64-bit games and applications.

Lomax

Yeah, in the week it was announced and was available for pre-purchase. I guess the competition was stronger for the actual release week.

No, a lot of people noticed around the exact time it happened. It went from in the top 10 to instantly not being in the top 100 whatsoever, and it also vanished from the new release list. Something went wrong with displaying on the lists, it wasn't because of lack of sales.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Spacechem -- MB-ADD5C7E91C628754 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
DinoD Day -- MB-0765252A4FE2CBF8 - Taken by gaiadyne
GTR: Evolution -- MB-B469EE434FD23B14
Really Big Sky -- MB-1E9939997A25147E
Gun Monkeys -- MB-5902F8F24B93FE93
Crash Time 2 -- MB-E411692CF445EAE2 - Taken by texhnolyze

BigBoss

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BigBoss, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3:Uprising -- MB-23E5C37597F2B77E - Taken by BigBoss. 2 entrants total.

t1413151617z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Why not?
The game has been discounted to 15€ on PSN, also this is not a "full release" like Rising (and Rising hit PC with a 20 euro pricetag and a 13 pre-purchase price), it's a prequel. I took four hours to achieve 100% when I had my PS4.
Really, there isn't more content here, even if I spent the hell out on this game, something like 20 or 30 hours doing random stuff I want to try.

The 10€ pricetag is appealing to me, also the Rising thing is possible, Rising has been discounted several times, 75% off on Gamestop and Amazon...

13,99$ with discount on release(winter sale). 18,99$ regular price. No Rising included. That's what I'm betting on and I think it's optimistic :p

Grief.exe

Yeah, in the week it was announced and was available for pre-purchase. I guess the competition was stronger for the actual release week.

It was in the top 2 and 3 position for a significant period during release week, even topping Shadow of Mordor, but just being edged out by Alien. Then the title mysteriously disappeared from the Revenue section.

EDIT: in case the issue wasn't clear enough

No, a lot of people noticed around the exact time it happened. It went from in the top 10 to instantly not being in the top 100 whatsoever, and it also vanished from the new release list. Something went wrong with displaying on the lists, it wasn't because of lack of sales.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
XIII is too cheap to get inside the top10. Would have had to sell x3.75 the copies of NBA2k15. Only CS can chart on a weekly basis with that kind of price.

I would think everyone owned CS already..which means there are thousands of people buying cs multiple times everyday so they can smurf.

Grief.exe

Where is the cheapest place to pick up arma 3?

It has never been below $30 on Steam and, to my knowledge, is one of the only places to obtain the game other than Bohemia's own site.

I've been waiting until it reaches the ~$20 range to pick it up, the mods for that game are something else.

Rafy

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rafy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Thief Gold -- MB-007E3E331B1951C0
Ticket to Ride -- MB-6942575C306AD4B4 - Taken by Blablurn
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-0BE5DCD6D1E3912F
Mirror's Edge -- MB-65A03156D743CD44 - Taken by Dusk Golem
McPixel -- MB-8AE796EECAE41B01 - Taken by deadflower81

I had some duplicates and though I could share them here. First come first serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom