• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

That reminds me of an old gif some ladyfriends of mine showed me ages ago they found very amusing. yes indeed.

something about a helicopter?
84114E8E27F4B089C901EBF270791C259604A99E

koma

Less boners, more free games, i know that this is a NeoGaf favorite but probably i would never play it, so have fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-D289DCD368E7AF1C - Taken by Jadax. 8 entrants total.

t1413230577z1.png

Ventara

hey guys, i want some keys. looking for shadow of mordor and hatoful boyfriend. pm me

It's been a while since I've posted in a Steam thread, so I got a lot of catching up to do with all the new releases and bundles. Any new VNs come out in the past month?

hohoXD123

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hohoXD123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Galactic Civilizations II -- MB-6AC1E32544402041
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-07ECA94676CB2B2A - Taken by Vardhan

For some reason it also showed a mystery game, not sure why.

Shadownet

Banned
Lr1ykgw.png

For some reason it's not showing up in my account even though I redeemed it and downloading it now.
I'm going to need someone to hold my hand.

Deitus

Lr1ykgw.png

For some reason it's not showing up in my account even though I redeemed it and downloading it now.
I'm going to need someone to hold my hand.

It won't show up in your account until it officially releases. It's showing up in your library though (greyed out), right?

Turfster

Damn, Thief on the real cheap. $7.92 for the Master Cool Guy Stealth Edition, this 20% off voucher works too, OCTOBE-R20GMG-OFFERX.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/thief-master-thief-edition-na/

Turfster am cry

Thi4f is shi4t =p
If you want a good recent stealth game, get Styx.
If you want a recent first person stealth game, get Dishonored =p

It's been a while since I've posted in a Steam thread, so I got a lot of catching up to do with all the new releases and bundles. Any new VNs come out in the past month?
Quite a few, iirc

Ventara

I have no shame. I need to enter that Shadownet giveaway, so someone, please take this.

Anyways, this is a pretty decent game. Here's a short review from someone (Alexspeed) on Steam who summed it up nicely.

Lifeless Planet is a game well worth playing, surely one of the best Indie games I have played this year. It had a successful Kickstarter and passed through Greenlight to go to Early Access and to be released as completed game.

Its made by Stage 2 Studios which consists mainly of David Board, and the game is the outcome of years of passionate hard work, while it utilized all the stages an Indie project can pass through, till its released on Steam.

This game is a unique work of art that inspires and entertains with its beautiful visuals and its story, unlike anything you can find in big budget titles. Words hardly can express the accomplishments this game reached. Its a Sci-Fi Story Adventure comparable to the books of Isaac Asimov or Games like The Dig.

The atmosphere is carrying this game. It makes you feel lost, helpless and afraid, even sad and isolated, but then again it evokes curiosity, hope and amazement. It has very little action but a lot of exploring and platforming and a bit of quite easy puzzling. Its pretty linear, but that's to be expected from a game that tries to tell a story I guess. There could be a bit more to do in some parts of the game.

I will not reveal anything of the story, its yours to discover for yourself, because that's what the game is about. But I can assure you that it is very much worth it, if you have an open mind and search for something meaningful that you can enjoy without feeling pressured. It will take you around 5 hours for a playthrough. This is not a game for the impatient or simpleminded tough, those players will get bored or fail to grasp the storyline.

If there's one thought that I had while playing it, it was that the more you think you know about the world and the universe, the more you discover what you actually dont know. The Storyline and ending is partly open to interpretation. Its not very strictly explained, which gives room for your own imagination. A freedom very few games ever trust the player with, and therefore it has to be complimented on such bravery.

The technical aspects of the game are robust for such a small team, reasonable performance, hardly any bugs, no crashes for me. I had to restart a level because something to advance the story didn't trigger first time, but that wasn't really a problem. Controls where fine for me with KB & Mouse, jumping around with the jetpack is a lot of fun. Gamepads are supported.

The graphical style is fitting for the game, although the way its done, also means that its looking pretty simple at times. Its definitely not a Crysis, but the aesthetics and level design make up a lot for it and make the game nonetheless a pleasure to explore and screenshot. It also has nice particle effects like dust, and the levels have a great variety of environments.

The musical score and sound is very good also, it really works well in combination with the storyline to emphasize important moments and add tension to the game. The voice acting is great, there are native Russian speakers who did the voiceovers and this makes this aspect really shine.

In conclusion I can say this game is well worth its price. The game has to be played and developers like these have to be supported. Buy and play this game, so we hopefully see more of this studio!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ventara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lifeless Planet -- MB-6C241156514C77EB - Taken by Kiru. 1 entrants total.

t1413146517z1.png

Remember Me is a great game. Let's talk about how great it is instead of all this other... stuff.

I enjoyed it but its gameplay is pretty forgettable. It would have enjoyed it slightly more if your combos weren't all preset.

Amazing visuals tho.

Also wasn't Capcom supposedly planning a character action game staring C.Viper? That's what her alt costume in Marvel 3 is based on right? I wouldn't minding seeing DONTNOD working on it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten -- MB-3948203EFFE2A4D1 - Taken by Berlok
Race The Sun -- MB-2D3E5681E71C475D - Taken by Divius

Deitus

Seriously people, just stop quoting the gif. It's not difficult to do. If you are going to respond to it, at least remove the gif from the quote, or break the img tags.

Yeah but so are all the games I haven't install yet. It's not a big deal I just haven't encounter that until now.

I'm pretty sure it's standard for all games pre-release, that it doesn't get added to your account until it releases. I remember someone in here posting about buying a pre-order of a game with the intent that the +1 would get them to the next big milestone, only to be disappointed that the +1 doesn't apply until the game releases.

Ventara

Quite a few, iirc

Any notable ones? I saw Planetarian, but any others?

Oh, and you guys who are quoting gifs should try to take out the gifs/images from the quotes so they don't show up multiple times on the same page. Oh, and the person posting said gifs/images could quote them in the first place, which will have the same effect.

I just re-enabled images/avatars on Gaf, so it would definitely help me with my bandwidth cap, otherwise, I'll have to go back to boring no-image Gaf.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of topyy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Magic 2014 -- MB-8B5221B4B5DC93BC - Taken by Kryptonite. 5 entrants total.
Magic 2014 -- MB-DFAB34B25BE8E281 - Taken by Shadownet. 7 entrants total.
1 hour raffle instead of 3.

t1413150117z1.png

Majukun

how much time usually the idlemaster takes to make a game drop all their cards?I'm trying it right now and the first 2 games took it 45 minutes and 2h respectively to get all the drops.
Am I missing something or it's normal?

I bought the Mystery bundle when all 10 games were a mystery...I had them all.

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Sun At Night -- MB-02C3AD7136C4A8FF - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Battlepaths -- MB-CD43D718B8D5F34E
Paranormal State Poison Spring -- MB-44CA6770BBE1CFDC - Taken by ~Kinggi~. 1 entrants total.
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-B75EB8C872AE609C
Major Mayhem -- MB-44D116F1C5DDF8D5 - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
Power Up -- MB-C30778E7D1418A04
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-FC62C8B89D86A471 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 2 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-B8F1417FC9D0764A - Taken by Archangel_. 1 entrants total.
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-C388FDA728B87A1D

t1413147597z1.png

hohoXD123

how much time usually the idlemaster takes to make a game drop all their cards?I'm trying it right now and the first 2 games took it 45 minutes and 2h respectively to get all the drops.

Pretty normal, last one I did took 1hr 45m.

Different games have different drop rates. There was one game, Borealis i think, had a drop rate of 1 card every 10 minutes while Starbound had a drop rate of about 1 every 50-60 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom