• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Phil Spencer saying he will bring more games to PC.

Wait for him to announce Blinx The Time Sweeper 1 and 2 "HD" collection, Voodoo Vince and Grabbed By The Ghoulies.

Is that you in your avatar pic? :eek: You look like a young John Rhys-Davies!

TBH, I'd be hyped if they ported Voodoo Vince. >.> It's one of those games I always wanted to check out back in the day, but never got a chance to play.

Deitus

The best thing, was that there was another such situation again shortly after. Two maybe.

And of course there were the people who got impatient and bought a game they entered the raffle for, only to win it.

Amazing read, I needed a good laugh, thanks!

Best reaction is Stump's:

I mean, he created Modbot. Crazy stuff.

I don't think he was surprised that it was possible. After all, he would know if he implemented a feature to prevent someone from winning their own giveaway (he didn't). But the sequence of events was Sub Zero made a joke about entering his own giveaway, people in the thread discussed whether it was actually possible, coming to the conclusion that it was, but it would be highly unlikely to win in this case, and the Sub Zero won his giveaway over 134 other people.

Stump's surprise was at the sheer implausibility of the situation, and his response pretty much echoed what everyone else was thinking.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is that you in your avatar pic? :eek: You look like a young John Rhys-Davies!

TBH, I'd be hyped if they ported Voodoo Vince. >.> It's one of those games I always wanted to check out back in the day, but never got a chance to play.

I would like Voodoo Vince cause it was decent. But the ones I want all the hope is lost.(Otogi 1 and 2)

Also dont know how to take the John Rhys-Davies part.
KuGsj.gif

Tellaerin

I would like Voodoo Vince cause it was decent. But the ones I want all the hope is lost.(Otogi 1 and 2)

Also dont know how to take the John Rhys-Davies part.
KuGsj.gif

The first Otogi was solid. Never got to play 2, but I'd love to have 'em both on Steam.

And that was meant as a compliment - John Rhys-Davies kicks ass.

Arturo was legit brah

*fistbump* Easily my fave role of his, though I thought he was great as Gimli (and Sallah - the first thing I ever saw him in was Raiders of the Lost Ark).

If only the discount was greater than 50% for Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition for current owners of the original game. Deus Ex did it right with the Director's Cut.

MattyG

Banned
I just went on /r/Skyrim and looked at some ridiculous looking mods, got me thinking about Bethesda's next game. I don't know why I keep torturing myself by imagining all the possiblities for what Fallout 4 and TES6 could end up like though, they aren't ever going to announce anything :(

rtcn63

From what I've played so far Amnesia Dark Descent or Outlast. But you should ask Dusk. He's the resident horror gamer.

Both of those lose their luster after the first 30 minutes or so, IMO. Well, less Amnesia, but it doesn't take that much longer.

Are there legit horror games? The Silent HIlls have the atmosphere and weird factor, the upcoming RE Remake release will be good in that "you gonna die today brah" sort. Alien Isolation if you're afraid of the late '70s. Lot of people are, unsurprisingly.

Outlast still makes me jump (jump scares, duh). but it got stale after I realized that, yes, any time I accomplished an objective the game would spawn/move an enemy to come search the room I was in. And that search consists of the RNG deciding if your hiding spot is the one that gets checked or not.

MUnited83

For you.
I just went on /r/Skyrim and looked at some ridiculous looking mods, got me thinking about Bethesda's next game. I don't know why I keep torturing myself by imagining all the possiblities for what Fallout 4 and TES6 could end up like though, they aren't ever going to announce anything :(

Bethesda should stop developing Elder Scrolls themselves and let the guys at Nexus Mods doing it instead.

KingDirk

Oh man I feel mad negligent not posting in this thread. Smash and Hyrule Warriors have been eating all my spare time. Hiw do you guys stay active when there are games to play?

2 hours into FF13 and I've realized SE can't model fingers for shit.

Oh man I feel mad negligent not posting in this thread. Smash and Hyrule Warriors have been eating all my spare time. Hiw do you guys stay active when there are games to play?

We don't play games
often[/spoiler

Tellaerin

Bethesda should stop developing Elder Scrolls themselves and let the guys at Nexus Mods doing it instead.

At least tap talent from the community to create the character models and textures, instead of trying to do it in-house. That'll save me from having to find and install face, hair and body mods from the Nexus before I can begin playing the game. :p

MattyG

Banned
Oh, and speaking of mods and VRAM, I have a 2GB card, and I think the mods I have installed are probably using more than 2GB of VRAM. Could this harm the card, or will the game just not perform well? Because I get about 30-40FPS, but I just don't want to keep them installed if it might be hurting the card. I'll do a fresh install and reinstall less taxing mods if it is.

They should actually do something like this. Bethesda should just make the game and then hand it off to a team of the top modders 8-12 months out from release.

MUnited83

For you.
We don't all have 4GB+ vram for those visual mods brahs

I'm thinking more about the thousands of bugs that were never fixed by Bethesda that were fixed by the community, and fixing lots of gameplay flaws, and doing actually interesting quests and story lines.

Hugstable

Banned

It's tough, I've been mad busy and playing other games recently (Smash, Hyrule Warriors also lol, also beat Gravity Rush, Tearaway and SK: Burst recently) too so I haven't popped in here as much as I would have liked the past 2 months.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-7520E46E7A079328

t1413171243z1.png

It's tough, I've been mad busy and playing other games recently (Smash, Hyrule Warriors also lol, also beat Gravity Rush, Tearaway and SK: Burst recently) too so I haven't popped in here as much as I would have liked the past 2 months.

Lots of projects + my PS3 back means less time here, and less time on steam.
The Last Of Us is soooo good

KingDirk

I need to get my wife an account here because she has been playing all kinds of Bioshock on my Steam account. It's made me feel a bit better that I have been consolebound so much.

So, I've been playing a bit of Boot Hill Heroes and I think it's totally worth the current asking price. Really nice art, amazing music and entertaining combat. Some funny references here and there. I haven't played a lot, but I really like what I've seen so far.

MattyG

Banned
Well, looks like it doesn't matter if my Skyrim mods are using too much VRAM, I'm going to have to do a fresh install anyways. I just noticed that I have this faint grid/dotted looking thing all over a ton of the textures, like this.
I'll probably just delete all my mods and start fresh sometime in the spring. I think my problem is that I tried to install too many at once and push my system too far. I ran Afterburner when I was playing just a minute ago and my GPU was working at 100% for a large portion of the time, so I think I overdid it a tad. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom