• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

giphy.gif

Deitus

One orcs killed me, then he killed other orcs, two or three. Now is he a super-orc?

Sort of. Orc captains will increase their power (every captain has a power rating on the Sauron's Army screen) both by killing you, and by completing missions. Some of these missions are duels or executions of other orcs, while others are recruiting soldiers, hunts, feasts, etc. You can interfere with these missions to prevent the captain from increasing in power, or just outright kill him. But they typically only go up one level at a time, so even killing you and 3 other orcs only increases his power by 4. The maximum power level is 20. You can also send a death threat against a captain (you unlock this ability later on), which will increase their power level by 5, and give them a group of orcs that always follow them around and protect them.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm going to laugh when Mordor gets GOTY. It's got a good base for a sequel, but it's lacking in so many areas. The main missions suck. The world sucks. The combat is even easier than Ryse. The Nemesis System carries the game.

I honestly don't know where all the 9's and 10's came from. The game was fun to play for a bit, but now I just want to be done with it. *shrug*

It's sure no Batman: Arkham Origins.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
And seriously, it looks absolutely stunning. I mean:
028__full.jpg
041__full.jpg

023__full.jpg
056__full.jpg

And suddenly the Night of the Rabbit appeared in my wishlist for the next time it goes on sale.

The GMG deal of the day is Murdered: Soul Suspect at 70% off

It really is worth it, guys.

I just want to buy it for under $9.99. Is that too much to ask, Square Enix? Can you not do me this one thing after consistently failing to meet expectations repeatedly?

Hey JaseC guess what? Another AC game for your collection on Steam :D

OOCgnF0.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-dgUPQVnv0

What a shocking surprise that no one saw coming, ever, at all, totally unexpected.

People still buy PC Ubisoft games?

Asscreed is still made by Ubi, so yeah. The moment they stop making asscreeds is the moment that I can fully uninstall Uplay.

Jim Sterling's dream bundle.

Bigby

Hello guys,
my account was activated today. Can someone invite me to the Neogaf Steam group? My Steam URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Glenwing/. Thanks

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lord_G, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-E053BA63BE35C6C5 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-8F7604F8768C35F2 - Taken by Bigby
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-33377C5CC3AF12D1 - Taken by Nyteshade517
Thief Gold -- MB-1DB5B159CF02285E - Taken by Berlok
BioShock -- MB-E02B19D590F8C32C - Taken by ohblahitsme
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-27B5D76B5B714C71 - Taken by Freezard

Hope I did everything right. Good luck.

I guess the Speedrunners event leaked, although fake and boring so I could just as well announce the real one.

RQJPZCn.png

Any number of challengers, if more than 3 enters, then I will split it in 2+ teams.
One win in any official map gives you 1 free random Steam game, no limit to wins.
We will play all official maps once.

Game 1:
t1413230400z0.png

Game 2(?):
t1413235800z0.png

Team 1:
#iosefe
#The_Super_Inframan
#dot

Team 2:

COME AT ME!

wilflare

the IR team continues to amaze me.

so they implemented a new system of security checks and what not resulting in me unable to purchase with my own account (false positive T_T)

so they basically tell me
try again in two weeks
if you really want the bundle, get someone else to purchase it.

and I used to rank them above IG.. guess not anymore

I'm going to laugh when Mordor gets GOTY. It's got a good base for a sequel, but it's lacking in so many areas. The main missions suck. The world sucks. The combat is even easier than Ryse. The Nemesis System carries the game.

I honestly don't know where all the 9's and 10's came from. The game was fun to play for a bit, but now I just want to be done with it. *shrug*

well, that sounds awful
OfJdzQN.png

are they ever going to remove GFWL from this?

iosefe

I guess the Speedrunners event leaked, although fake and boring so I could just as well announce the real one.

RQJPZCn.png

Any number of challengers, if more than 3 enters, then I will split it in 2+ teams.
One win in any official map gives you 1 free Steam game, no limit to wins.

COME AT ME!

sup

do i have to pick Speedrunner?

ss_lemonade

RQJPZCn.png

t1413234000z0.png

Challengers:

#iosefe

COME AT ME!
Would love to join (even if I'll probably end up last) but if the contest starts in 3 hours, then I can't due to work :(

I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game #9 -- MB-9A699BD6E0934114 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Zeeman
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-1FD3A86F34C4F63B - Taken by ModBot - Taken by MillionStabs
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-47B84E12D034FD2B - Taken by ModBot - Taken by salazar547
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-88FECB64A641875D - Taken by ModBot - Taken by swx
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-4ED6FBD52B8B5F3F - Taken by ModBot - Taken by iosefe
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-438690919419F914 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Chariot
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-C596BD2EA46E6ACD - Taken by ModBot - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-CB4356B34BB9AD97 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Mavromatis
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-C52C2D04412DA031 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by nja
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-D52D9FAC4DAB5934 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by madjoki
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-1F242E90E4F93201 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by salazar547
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-4DE502B85ED97162 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by BinaryPork2737
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-3A8172AC659C8392 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Nabs
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-63992227E7F7EAB9 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by JustLynx
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-63DAB405F121F609 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Scipius
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-65652024D12724BE - Taken by ModBot - Taken by SSPssp[/QUOTE]

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

RQJPZCn.png

t1413234000z0.png

Challengers:

#iosefe

COME AT ME!

I don't know if I'm drunk enough for this :p

Chariot

I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game #9 -- MB-9A699BD6E0934114 - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-1FD3A86F34C4F63B - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-47B84E12D034FD2B - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-88FECB64A641875D - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-4ED6FBD52B8B5F3F - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-438690919419F914 - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-C596BD2EA46E6ACD - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-CB4356B34BB9AD97 - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-C52C2D04412DA031 - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-D52D9FAC4DAB5934 - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-1F242E90E4F93201 - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-4DE502B85ED97162 - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-3A8172AC659C8392 - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-63992227E7F7EAB9 - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-63DAB405F121F609 - Taken by ModBot
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-65652024D12724BE - Taken by ModBot
Aww yeah, mystery games

Every time I did something in the game that was collecting or mission related, it was pretty underwhelming. I really wish that they had done more with Nemesis and made one big map full of strongholds with warchiefs to bring down and then try to defend as other ambitious captains (also working through the Nemesis system) attempted to retake the garrison and call it their own. Anything story related or scripted gets the shitbin.

Sort of like a dynamic Middle Earth Mount and Blade, or Far Cry . Maybe the problem wasn't that SoM ripped off an Ubisoft game for its design, but merely that the ripped off the wrong one.

RQJPZCn.png

t1413234000z0.png

Challengers:

#iosefe

COME AT ME!

i'm out otherwise I would let you violate me again and again and again. I hate you dunder.
<3 you really sigh

Nabs

Every time I did something in the game that was collecting or mission related, it was pretty underwhelming. I really wish that they had done more with Nemesis and made one big map full of strongholds with warchiefs to bring down and then try to defend as other ambitious captains (also working through the Nemesis system) attempted to retake the garrison and call it their own. Anything story related or scripted gets the shitbin.

Sort of like a dynamic Middle Earth Mount and Blade, or Far Cry . Maybe the problem wasn't that SoM ripped off an Ubisoft game for its design, but merely that the ripped off the wrong one.

That would be really cool.

Is it Tuesday yet...? :(

inD0cYINupISH.jpg

Isn't Borderlands out?

This could be an interesting experiment. Which will have the worst textures. The Evil Within or Borderlands The Pre-sequel? Surely 6 times the size goes in The Evil Within's favor right?

Its weird though. When going through the text to preload BL:TPS it states you need 10 gigs for the download but the Steam only downloads 5. Others have commented on this in the Steam forum.

Man... I hope Steam starts selling more game OSTs. Remember Me has a fantastic soundtrack, but it's not available on the Steam store (only iTunes or similar).

A minor bummer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom