• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Just looked at my Steam hours.

Top 6 games in playtime are:

Team Fortress 2: 564 hours
Counter Strike Go: 236 hours
Left 4 Dead 2: 142 hours
Dota 2: 117 hours
Counter Strike: 75 hours
Day of Defeat: 76 hours

Valve....making money and taking lives on other people's work lol

Nope.
I don't think anyone cares at Epic or EA, and People can fly doesn't exist any more.

People Can Fly became Epic Games East or some shit.

yatesl

It's baffling the way Steam handles Windows accounts. I'm logged in to my Windows account, and my Steam account. I log out and my family member logs in to their Windows account. Loads up Steam... and it signs in as me.

The only way to get around it is untick auto sign in (but then you have to enter your password every time), or have custom shortcuts that log you in as -username -password, but that throws up issues with shortcuts etc.

Sajjaja

smoke weed errday

807501866_1115875.gif

Making them Epic, so goto start of sentence ;)

changing their name doesn't mean they lose rights to a franchise that is not Gears of War.....

Turfster

me doesn't mean they lose rights to a franchise that is not Gears of War.....

They haven't lost the rights. It was never a question of rights.
Their leadership that cared about the game left, and they're now under Epic management, which gives zero fucks about PC gaming, hence no ripping out the GFWL.

Ventara

Anyone having trouble buying from Indie Gala? I keep trying to buy the Friday Bundle, but it keeps telling me to provide a valid email address, even though I already am. Help?

Sajjaja

They haven't lost the rights. It was never a question of rights.
Their leadership that cared about the game left, and they're now under Epic management, which gives zero fucks about PC gaming, hence no ripping out the GFWL.

Well they are making Unreal Tournament 4 exclusively for PC so I guess we can wait and see how that turns out.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Sorry for the long post, this is a bit of a doozy for me:

PC specs:
Win 8.1 64 bit
i5 3570k @ 4.4
8GB RAM
GTX 780

I purchased Alien Isolation when it released early last Monday. I tried downloading it, but it would only download about 50-100 mb before going into "Queue". When trying to start it to download again, it would download a little more before giving me an error saying the game could not update because the download was "corrupt". It would only give me this message if I hit "Play", not if I went into downloads and jumped it up to the top of the queue. I shortly found that suddenly this was affecting all my undownloaded/uninstalled games. I didn't get why it was happening considering I had just downloaded Shadow of Mordor not too long ago with no problems. Here is what I have tried to fix the problem:
1) Restarting Steam
2) Restarting my PC
3) Changing my Download Region(tried multiple)
4) Double clicking on the game to start the download
5) Disabling auto-updates
6) Restarting my router( my router and my modem are combined, so it is already hardwired)
7) Renaming ClientRegistry.Blob
8) Deleting ClientRegistry.Blob
9) Deleting the AppCache folder
10) Reflushing steam using the run command given by the Steam Support guidelines
11) Reinstalling Steam (multiple times)
12) Verifying appcache (does nothing as the games aren't fully installed)
13) Deleting local content and then reinstalling.
14) Port fowarding (to the best of my understanding following guides and the steam support guidelines)
15) Using wi-fi instead of hardwired ethernet.
16) disabling windows firewall.
17) Booting into safe-mode with networking and trying steam in that.

I did by chance leave Alien on download and it finished last night. So today I tried CSGO and found that everyonce in a while the download will unqueue itself and continue, then go back to queue. I can keep clicking to unqueue it, where sometimes it will go on a long download streak and sometimes it will immediately go back to being queued. Was wondering if it was an HDD issue, so I logged into Origin and downloaded plants vs zombies and dead space no problem. Also ran a seagate HDD tool and it said my HDD was fine. My only personal guess after all my googling is that it's either just a steam issue and I have to hope it gets fixed, or it's a software/driver issue on my side, but I've tried every solution I could find and nothing has worked.

I have sent a support ticket, and I was going to try a windows refresh, but apparently you can't use a Windows 8 install CD to do so with Windows 8.1, so that's not really an option.

So, how do I keep my games from staying in "Queued" and get them to download without giving me the "download corrupt" message?

Well they are making Unreal Tournament 4 exclusively for PC so I guess we can wait and see how that turns out.

Well Unreal Tournament is made by some Epic devs but mostly by fans. anyone who has UE4 can participate in that project. The first playable multiplayer version is available for those who have UE4. Nothing to be excited about for now, you can play online with some people but the maps don't have any texture or details yet. The good news is that the game is following the right formula that made the series succeed in the old days.

Anyone having trouble buying from Indie Gala? I keep trying to buy the Friday Bundle, but it keeps telling me to provide a valid email address, even though I already am. Help?

Did you try other browsers? Indiegala get such bugs most of the time. Try using other browsers.

Sorry for the long post, this is a bit of a doozy for me:
snip

I had the same problem. Change download servers, that fixed it for me. Looks like it sure is frustrating you

EDIT cause I didn't read: Ultra Edition: I'm assuming it's a Steam issue, I've also never had it happen to me before except for Isolation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom