• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

today's a non-school day and I would play games tonight but I've got a research paper AND assignment due tomorrow so yeahhhh nothing for me.

I have been making good progress on resident evil revelations too.

Ah, they are doing a stupid region based release

Added ReleaseStateOverrideCountries – SG,MY,KR,HK,TW,TH,PH,ID,KH,LA,BN,MO,CN,VN
23 minutes agoAdded ReleaseStateOverride – released

Is it out anywhere yet? Like if I used a VPN? If so how do I go about it

Turns out my site's editors found out that there is a way to enable Oculus Rift support in Alien: Isolation and, knowing pretty well that I'm likely the chicken-est guy on earth, they're considering to chip in and buy me a Rift and a copy of the game, then to tie me up to a chair and eventually to force me to play Alien and to stream both the game and a cam pointed at me.

So, in case they get drunk enough to actually pull off this plan, just know that I deeply loved all of you.

oh god. Please stream.

A free rift is a free rift, though.

doesn't matter if you are dead.

Proper PC gamers don't buy Ubisoft PC games.

lolok.

It's sure no Batman: Arkham Origins.

giphy.gif

dot

I guess the Speedrunners event leaked, although fake and boring so I could just as well announce the real one.

RQJPZCn.png

Any number of challengers, if more than 3 enters, then I will split it in 2+ teams.
One win in any official map gives you 1 free random Steam game, no limit to wins.
We will play all official maps once.

t1413230400z0.png

Challengers:

#iosefe

COME AT ME!
I might as well join...

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Man... I hope Steam starts selling more game OSTs. Remember Me has a fantastic soundtrack, but it's not available on the Steam store (only iTunes or similar).

A minor bummer...

I wish game soundtracks would get released on Spotify. I barely use locally stored music nowadays. I just stream everything. I'm playing FF13 and would love to be able to listen to the soundtrack while I'm not able to play.

Hmm, Borderlands is out on Thursday here. Probably going to wait for a sale on that one really, currently not in the mindset for that type of game really.

RedSwirl

What download speeds are you guys getting that allow you to download games like Alien: Isolation and Wolfenstein?

Usually my max DL speed is 1.5MBps.

rtcn63

You know what Borderlands needs? A manic pixie brunette to physically follow you, to tell you stories and throw you loot during the campaign. And I don't mean a floating digital head.

Nearly a week has passed but the game I bought from Steam still hasn't appeared in my inventory. I wish Steam had some kind of a support system where I could ask for help. Maybe I should send a mail to GabeN.

Here's a key for Himan Blood Money. Also please take off my hands that Ballpoint Universe key :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman Blood Money -- MB-90D40E8BFC9555FA - Taken by iosefe. 5 entrants total.

t1413222791z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ballpoint Universe -- MB-75E8323E23B64D3B - Taken by Rand6. 1 entrants total.

t1413214260z1.png

Hinomura

Hello.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 33 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Infinite Space III Sea of Stars -- MB-4141AB086C10FE80 - Taken by gngf123. 4 entrants total.
Crystals of Time -- MB-82F03347488108FC - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 4 entrants total.
Chrome -- MB-E25D533A10886594 - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
The Maker's Eden -- MB-0EDAFF1469C5012E - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-1BC0AAB0739D5003 - Taken by confuziz. 1 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep The Cursed Heart -- MB-7B46845E1DB793B2 - Taken by Haunted. 2 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky -- MB-90FAA58760E87210 - Taken by Shalashaska. 15 entrants total.
The Escapist -- MB-4A7B311C24182D44 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 4 entrants total.
3089 Futuristic Action RPG FPS -- MB-8980E08DB2CDA64C - Taken by Porcupine. 2 entrants total.
Chrome SpecForce -- MB-2423ED3D53A01E98
Power-Up -- MB-8C6743F25B55808E - Taken by bronson. 2 entrants total.
The Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-ED2F63D04776DBB9 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-1C4D35106451FD33 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Wooden Sen'SeY -- MB-5CF9EFE4DA3734A7 - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
Epigenesis -- MB-1C67C8A5874AFE92 - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.
Bleed -- MB-50D52450B864EEAC - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 11 entrants total.
Enigmatis The Mists of Ravenwood -- MB-D752F06F1EAA52A4 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
The Sun at Night -- MB-474B2B3C65BC4E98 - Taken by Zia. 6 entrants total.
Depth Hunter 2 Deep Dive -- MB-0F1B3070D2397FA8 - Taken by topyy. 3 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-8A43D407A35D8C21 - Taken by Starwolf_UK. 1 entrants total.
Bad Hotel -- MB-5CB79F488F8BCB17 - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
Abyss The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-51627E673AA55006 - Taken by 19Kilo. 1 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-4D064D37885972F3 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Steam Bandits Outpost -- MB-284A5F98E135BC54 - Taken by provista. 2 entrants total.
BlackSoul Extended Edition -- MB-541540440E744C94 - Taken by agniswarm. 3 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-5DC66A5FB53E8C3A
Battlepaths -- MB-608B3CED72AA654F - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-17E07C98ED46A95B - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-FA2C19886C495DBD - Taken by Buttonbasher. 4 entrants total.
9 Clues The Secret of Serpent Creek -- MB-BE82018EF8C46B21 - Taken by Scipius. 3 entrants total.
Freaking Meatbags -- MB-95FA0B6273609A3C - Taken by Phawx. 6 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep The Siren's Call -- MB-B24F0DE5758F57D7 - Taken by Mleugie. 4 entrants total.
Puddle -- MB-327EDA38C547BED5 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 9 entrants total.

t1413232800z1.png

Copons

hope i did this right.

(...)

Mystery Game #9 -- MB-9A699BD6E0934114 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-1FD3A86F34C4F63B - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-47B84E12D034FD2B - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-88FECB64A641875D - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-4ED6FBD52B8B5F3F - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #14 -- MB-438690919419F914 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-C596BD2EA46E6ACD - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-CB4356B34BB9AD97 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-C52C2D04412DA031 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-D52D9FAC4DAB5934 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #12 -- MB-1F242E90E4F93201 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-4DE502B85ED97162 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #16 -- MB-3A8172AC659C8392 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #13 -- MB-63992227E7F7EAB9 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-63DAB405F121F609 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons
Mystery Game #15 -- MB-65652024D12724BE - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Not Copons

We sure have different takes on the word "right". :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The Evil Within unlock time just pushed up. Coming out in 6 hours in the UK, 10 hours here in the west cost of America.

Miker

So I spent the weekend marathoning Legend of Korra. I originally only meant to watch seasons 1 and 2 slowly in the lead up to the game's release on the 21st, but it got surprisingly awesome, so I ended up watching 2 and a half seasons in about two days. I really hope the game is good, and with all previews being pretty positive, I think it'll be the first game I pre-order in ages.

Li Kao

I guess the Speedrunners event leaked, although fake and boring so I could just as well announce the real one.

RQJPZCn.png

Any number of challengers, if more than 3 enters, then I will split it in 2+ teams.
One win in any official map gives you 1 free random Steam game, no limit to wins.

t1413230400z0.png

Challengers:

#iosefe

COME AT ME!

You know I'm really really tempted to buy Speedrunners for the friendly sessions you regularly organize. But really, even 7+ € on the humble store looks unwise these days.
But I will bite the bullet one day, I will (I just hope someone will still play it ^o^)

Hello everyone! After over a year (or two..) of wait my account finally got accepted! Praise the sun! To celebrate I think I should do a giveaway, but I'm not sure how.

UncleO

RQJPZCn.png

t1413230400z0.png

Challengers:

#iosefe
#The_Super_Inframan
#dot

COME AT ME!

I hope you have one in the future, i have to go to work but this looks like it could be fun.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Good morning GAF!

I'm working on a few small tweaks to Enhanced Steam this morning, including this one:

You might be asking yourself "What exactly is different?" You see, Enhanced Steam always calculates your bundle savings based on the games you already own and such. However, the way Steam's system is set up, if the items in a bundle cost less individually than the bundle does, the "Here's what you save by buying this bundle" part doesn't show up.

So this fixes that.

Lots of other tweaks and updates I'm working on. Hopefully I'll be releasing the next version soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom