• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblank83

Umh, Mordor is a bit boring :(
I mean, the locations are all the same, there are no building, no cities, only the wasteland of Mordor and orcs to kill :(

I've only put 5 hours into it but so far it's just an above average open world game. The nemesis system is amusing at first but actually very thin. The combat is way too simple, definitely not on Batman's level.

But I don't hate it. In fact I think it's fun and well made, if lacking in complexity and content. I enjoy playing it. I just don't get excited to play it.

Everyone tells me it starts to get better and better though, about midway through the game, once you get more powers and do more story missions. So I'll keep at it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey JaseC guess what? Another AC game for your collection on Steam :D

OOCgnF0.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-dgUPQVnv0

I hope "early 2015" means January/February (i.e. just before The Witcher 3).

Dr Dogg

I still don't know why Cliffy B is even being brought up, considering he doesn't work for Epic anymore.

Most of what been brought up is outdated and incorrect information but to be fair I've got better things to occupy my mind, like why is it only on Rhaknar's stream do I get buffering every 10 seconds? It's like it's a 50Mbit stream or something.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Greenlight seems to be busted.

Valve just doesn't care about Greenlight anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if no one at Valve actually knew what was going on with it right now :p

Most of what been brought up is outdated and incorrect information but to be fair I've got better things to occupy my mind, like why is it only on Rhaknar's stream do I get buffering every 10 seconds? It's like it's a 50Mbit stream or something.

It's playing fine for me, it hasn't buffered once since I started watching it.

Game one filled, will have another game if we get enough challengers for it.
Will obviously stream so you can enjoy the fun too!

RQJPZCn.png

Any number of challengers, if more than 3 enters, then I will split it in 2+ teams.
One win in any official map gives you 1 free random Steam game, no limit to wins.
We will play all official maps once.

Game 1:
t1413230400z0.png

Game 2(?):
t1413235800z0.png

Team 1:
#iosefe
#The_Super_Inframan
#dot

Team 2:

COME AT ME!

Shadownet

Banned
So this is the recommended specs for Dragon Age Inquisition.

Minimum:
CPU: AMD quad-core CPU @ 2.5 GHz, Intel quad-core CPU @ 2.0 GHz
System RAM: 4 GB
Graphics CARD: AMD Radeon HD 4870, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Graphics Memory: 512 MB
Hard Drive: 26 GB
DirectX 10

Recommended:
CPU: AMD six core CPU @ 3.2 GHz, Intel quad-core CPU @ 3.0 GHz
System RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Graphics Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 26 GB
DirectX 11

I don't think it's too much for the Recommended section right? I should be able to run this max? I have an i5-4670K, 8GB RAM and a GTX 760 2GB VRAM.

Hey guys Murdered: Soul Suspect is 70% off at GMG AND if you use the coupon code above that's another 25% off.

No that doesn't mean you get the game for free Marco. $11.25 will be the final price.

Edit: Batman Arkham Knight also work with the coupon bringing the price down to $45.

oh sweet, maybe I'll pick it up now...

The voucher you have applied cannot be used in conjunction with GMG Credit.

...maybe not

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
landmark9rsus.jpg

Haha, this guy. Like I don't know that the gift copies will be the only way to get a +1 from the game once it goes F2P. If he wanted just a couple of copies instead of a handful, maybe I'd believe that he wanted them for himself and a friend or whatever.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of koma, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-D289DCD368E7AF1C - Taken by Jadax. 8 entrants total.

t1413230577z1.png

Chariot

I am somewhat annoyed.

1024x573.resizedimage

I am stuck, because this guy isn't doing anything. I am in his circle, I am running in and out of it, I searched the whole map for Aliens to kill, but nothing happens. Is this a bug or did I miss something?

Ventara

So this is the recommended specs for Dragon Age Inquisition.

I don't think it's too much for the Recommended section right? I should be able to run this max? I have an i5-4670K, 8GB RAM and a GTX 760 2GB VRAM.

I would assume so. Your specs meet or exceed the recommended specs.

This game isn't being sold on Steam, right?

jblank83

Teah, it's not bad, but it lacks in variety. And I'm playing it the wrong way, killing all the orcs I see :D
I can't let them live :D

Every once in awhile I do but I get bored of the combat and usually just run straight towards my objective. The fact orcs can't climb anything makes it easy to ignore them.

hohoXD123

landmark9rsus.jpg

Haha, this guy. Like I don't know that the gift copies will be the only way to get a +1 from the game once it goes F2P. If he wanted just a couple of copies instead of a handful, maybe I'd believe that he wanted them for himself and a friend or whatever.

Decline it then send a trade offer back - Bad Rats for 4 TF2 keys. The offer should be fair enough since they're just useless in-game items.

Knurek

FF13I is looking seriously breathtaking.
Story isn't so bad, not sure why people were complaining so much - nothing as stupid as 'we were all orphans in the same asylum, but weapon induced amnesia caused us not to remember anything', 'murder clown with god complex destroys the world' or however you can summarize FF7.
Battle system is so far almost as good as FF12 had, and I still haven't left the tutorial areas (start of Chapter 4).
And music, oh god, the music...

kudoboi

Decline it then send a trade offer back - Bad Rats for 4 TF2 keys. The offer should be fair enough since they're just useless in-game items.

if you are referring keys as the useless in-game items... well keys actually have value. it is commonly used in trading and can even be sold on steam market for $2.40 ish

Nzyme32

I am somewhat annoyed.

1024x573.resizedimage

I am stuck, because this guy isn't doing anything. I am in his circle, I am running in and out of it, I searched the whole map for Aliens to kill, but nothing happens. Is this a bug or did I miss something?

This is an unfortunate issue with the game that make playing the game in ironman mode all but impossible. The only way to fix it is to load a different save or restart the mission. I can't believe firaxis have let some of those bugs remain for all this time

this is the right thing to do. The guy should clock on to it pretty quick without you having to say much of anything

Anteater

naruto ninja storm 3 whatever is cool, cutscenes are long as hell though but it's alright since i've miseed all of the story after pain

For. Amazing FPS with superb gameplay and beautiful locations. Only thing it is lacking on is the boss front. Oh and GFWL.

stupid gfwl, bought anyway

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
That link only leads to your default profile.

Hmm, nope. I see you had the same problem the other day with someone else's review link, so not sure what's going on there. Could've just been Steam community problems at the time you clicked.

hohoXD123

geez soz guys :/

im way too tired xD its 3AM here. I actually have school at 7AM

Time for a power nap I'm guessing.

Story isn't so bad, not sure why people were complaining so much - nothing as stupid as 'we were all orphans in the same asylum, but weapon induced amnesia caused us not to remember anything', 'murder clown with god complex destroys the world' or however you can summarize FF7.
Battle system is so far almost as good as FF12 had, and I still haven't left the tutorial areas (start of Chapter 4).

After a while you lose track of why the characters are doing what they're doing and wtf is going on, at least FF7 had a somewhat cohesive story in comparison. But the biggest issue I had was with the characters, aside from Sazh who was pretty decent, I couldn't really care about them.

Hinomura

Indeed. I suspect the hate mostly comes from the infamous "ohmygod no more a PlayStation exclusive!".

Shadownet

Banned
I would assume so. Your specs meet or exceed the recommended specs.
This game isn't being sold on Steam, right?
Yeah that what I'm assuming too... I won't be able to run Witcher 3 at max but if I can run Dragon Age Inquisition at max I'll be happy. Yeah Origin only.

I am somewhat annoyed.
Yeah this damn bug.. I had to restart the mission to complete it.

Btw, starting Vampires Bloodlines right now. Someone suggested I pick Toreador as my clan, which history should I pick? Please help or otherwise I'm going to be stuck at the character creation screen forever lol. I'm indecisive.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blacksoul Extended Edition -- MB-84D3CA8B4C0735DE - Taken by INDIGO_CYCLOPS
The Maker's Eden -- MB-F822C9F4C867C3D3 - Taken by outunderthestars
Great Permutator -- MB-3303600A3D8B3B79 - Taken by Vlad
Strata -- MB-944E427F14C07C21 - Taken by derExperte
The Escapist -- MB-0D6A6857391BE467 - Taken by Kifimbo

Tizoc

Back during the years of FF13, the music was criticized for being 'elevator music' so I'm surprised there are those that like it.
All things considered though, the game's music early on is rather nice.

Miguel81

Btw, starting Vampires Bloodlines right now. Someone suggested I pick Toreador as my clan, which history should I pick? Please help or otherwise I'm going to be stuck at the character creation screen forever lol. I'm indecisive.

If you want a badass go with Gangrel. It made the sewers portion much less of a hassle.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Back during the years of FF13, the music was criticized for being 'elevator music' so I'm surprised there are those that like it.
All things considered though, the game's music early on is rather nice.

I'm fine with the music for the most part but the battle themes are really uninteresting to me since they don't really match the tone of combat most of the time.

BTW, I know that FFXIII is locked at 720p, but is there any way to change graphic options? I couldn't find any. Also exiting the game (going back to desktop) by just clicking on Escape button is just stupid (I got used to using that button for menus or pausing and clicking that button by mistake ended the game for me in mid-battle). It feels like playing an emulated DOS game.

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a gaming PC. Thanks to indie bundles, steam sales, and GAF giveaways, I have around 250 games in my steam collection!

I've never gamed on PC's before, and plan on using big picture mode and a gamepad for almost everything. Is there anything that I really need to buy/install on day one as a new pc gamer? Any utilities, steam mods, etc?

BTW, I know that FFXIII is locked at 720p, but is there any way to change graphic options? I couldn't find any. Also exiting the game (going back to desktop) by just clicking on Escape button is just stupid (I got used to using that button for menus or pausing and clicking that button by mistake ended the game for me in mid-battle). It feels like playing an emulated DOS game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909620

RedSwirl

Well my speed test came back with around 6MB down. And that's on a computer connected by Wi-FI. Through straight ethernet it's like 13MB down I believe.

Okay actually for some reason the straight ethernet connection is more like 32MB down, but that connection isn't an option for me most of the time.

Li Kao

Well, styx looks really good, fuck my budget and fuck the fall releases swarm.
That being said, someone should tell Rhaknar there is a quick save button :-x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom