• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmarg

It got 2.5 out of 5 from Joystiq though.

Does anyone actually care what Joystiq thinks though? Actually, does anyone care what any of the sites that have posted reviews thus far think? One review from a site I respect is worth more than a hundred of them from random blogs.

Ozium

Reviews so far, Beside that 7. I don't see these being mediocre. Not great or amazing. But definitely not mediocre.

escapist - 3/5
polygon - 6.5/10
joystiq - 2.5/5
new game network - 72/100

reviews conveniently left out of the review thread OP

also Jim Sterling says Bethesda included a note on how to play the game properly that is never presented in the game, and Bethesda also urges reviewers to play on casual difficulty

Ventara

Can someone do me a favor and go over to Indie Gala Friday and check if it accepts your email (or any email address)? I've been trying to buy it buy it keeps telling me to enter a valid email address, even when I am. I just want to know if it's a problem on my end or on theirs.

escapist - 3/5
polygon - 6.5/10
joystiq - 2.5/5
new game network - 72/100

also Jim Sterling says Bethesda included a note on how to play the game properly that is never presented in the game, and urges reviewers to play on casual difficulty

who cares about reviews,its a persons opinion and nothing more.

Those reviews all seem about right for a survival horror game in this day and age.
who cares about reviews,its a persons opinion and nothing more.
That's true, but one can easily find a reviewer who shares similar opinions as them. If one knew a reviewer like that, their review of The Evil Within would then hold weight.

Miguel81

That's true, but one can easily find a reviewer who shares similar opinions as them. If one knew a reviewer like that, their review of The Evil Within would then hold weight.

Greg Kasavin no longer reviews games, so I'm at a loss :(

Much like Alien, these reviews are quite polarizing.

I'm actually wondering what reviews REmake Remaster will receive when released. It's been a long time since that kind of horror game has been around.

Catching up on bundles after not having internet at home for 2 weeks. At least I had time to play through Wasteland 2, so good!!!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Supreme Commander Gold Edition -- MB-B8942A931EDDDF21 - Taken by hepburn3d
BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-61BD08A5FE261EF7 - Taken by The Reloader
AquaNox 2: Revelation -- MB-FF85AF3579663CC1 - Taken by Htown
The Maker's Eden -- MB-B29264A7C2126DE9 - Taken by Catshade

I'm trying to buy the Indiegala Friday bundle, but everytime I hit pay via paypal it says there is no email, even though it's there and I could buy the Monday bundle fine. Anyone else have this issue? The Bitcomposer bundle is the same.

Tenrius

Does anyone actually care what Joystiq thinks though? Actually, does anyone care what any of the sites that have posted reviews thus far think? One review from a site I respect is worth more than a hundred of them from random blogs.

I most certainly don't, was just sharing information. Nor am I particularly interested in the game, as a matter of fact.

Just got to chapter 6 and still streaming. Steady 30 at 2880x1620 with no hitching with a 780Ti. Not sure why they tried to sabotage the port's reception, it runs well locked!

Looks really nice most of the time, great lighting.

Shadownet

Banned
Let me stop you right there. Dusk is handling the review thread. Have you ever thought maybe he's actually not online to write in those reviews and that he would do it tomorrow since embargo technically not up for another 2 hours.

There is no conspiracy theory here to leave out the bad scores man.

Miguel81

Just got to chapter 6 and still streaming. Steady 30 at 2880x1620 with no hitching with a 780Ti. Not sure why they tried to sabotage the port's reception, it runs well locked!

Looks really nice most of the time, great lighting.

I'm sorry, I can't watch as I don't want to spoil anything. Does the motion blur help with 30fps, sort of like the Crysis 1 effect.

Ozium

Let me stop you right there. Dusk is handling the review thread. Have you ever thought maybe he's actually not online to write in those reviews and that he would do it tomorrow since embargo technically not up for another 2 hours.

There is no conspiracy theory here to leave out the bad scores man.

fair enough, I didn't mean it in a conspiratorial way.. poor choice of words.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone do me a favor and go over to Indie Gala Friday and check if it accepts your email (or any email address)? I've been trying to buy it buy it keeps telling me to enter a valid email address, even when I am. I just want to know if it's a problem on my end or on theirs.

I'm trying to buy the Indiegala Friday bundle, but everytime I hit pay via paypal it says there is no email, even though it's there and I could buy the Monday bundle fine. Anyone else have this issue? The Bitcomposer bundle is the same.

It seems to be working for me. You two might want to email indiegala.

Catching up on bundles after not having internet at home for 2 weeks. At least I had time to play through Wasteland 2, so good!!!!

Giveaway
Also, due to a big name giveaway that had the payitforward requirement, many people dumped extra bundle codes the last few days.

tmarg

It's doing the same for me, even when I'm logged in an existing account that already has my email attached automatically. Hopefully they'll fix it soon, I was actually planning on picking up the one with the apparently fixed version of disciples 3 in it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gametrailers gave it 9.0, also not in the OP. its funny to see how its 2014 and people are still so hung up on reviews tho

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Never been a fan of scored reviews since people ignore the words and focus on the score. I prefer a Pro and Con section at the end of a review.

Shadownet

Banned
Have you ever play a game and thought "my god that character look too much like me?"

Well I think I just had that moment.

Meet Detective Joseph Oda
ibgQyddpL4eMHU.png

ibe36IOj0LurR7.png

Ventara

It seems to be working for me. You two might want to email indiegala.

Will do. The bundle is pretty good, so I definitely want to pick it up before it ends.

Edit: Wait, what? Dolphin sex? Do I even want to find out how the conversation came to this? lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any word on AC: Rogue for PC? the completionist in me must have them all :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom