• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The delay for Raven's cry saddens me. It will be difficult for me to have time to spend on it in November when I'll be deep into WoW.

we know less about that game than we know about Lords of the Fallen (and we know little about that!), why would anyone be interested in it?

not judging or trolling, actually asking. Did I miss a surge of information about it? Besides it randomly showing up on Steam ive never seen any site talk about it

Lain

we know less about that game than we know about Lords of the Fallen (and we know little about that!), why would anyone be interested in it?

not judging or trolling, actually asking. Did I miss a surge of information about it? Besides it randomly showing up on Steam ive never seen any site talk about it

Because of the Hangin Willie song. Just that one song sold me on the game and it's the reason I'm interested in it lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you can do this in real life

you can pick up a football or a basketball in real life too. or a car. or a gun.

Because of the Hangin Willie song. Just that one song sold me on the game and it's the reason I'm interested in it lol.

ok cool, so there is no information on the game and youre just a crazy person :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Playing it right now, but it's still not as terrifying as your typical GAF review thread.

You're not wrong :p

Which is why I never go into those threads unless I see a post that links to them. It's mostly just people that haven't actually played the game yet either using the high review scores to justify their purchase, using low review scores to shit all over the game without having experience with it, or shitting all over that one review that's lower than all the rest because people can't have opinions that are different from other people, and most people who do shit on that review haven't actually had any experience with the game yet anyway.

Gone Home: find someone in your neighborhood who is on vacation and explore their home

Proteus: take LSD and walk around a forest

TES: go LARPing

But I'm lazy though.

Ozium

But I'm lazy though.

me too.. but Nito wanted to walk around like IRL..

I was just showing him that he doesn't need Oculus to recreate those experiences in real life... and in the case of LARPing the combat would actually be better than what's in TES!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Vuze

I want a walking simulator that actually makes me walk IRL and use oculus rift for immersion.

I want my bike tour sim. Get on your hometrainer bike, put on Oculus Rift, ride through the world of your choice at the speed you're going IRL. If only I knew how to do it ;-;

Sendou

I want my bike tour sim. Get on your hometrainer bike, put on Oculus Rift, ride through the world of your choice at the speed you're going IRL. If only I know how to do it ;-;

Already happened. Can't remember the name of the game though. It wasn't using VR either.

Sendou

Yeah I'm pretty sure everything on earth got the game sim treatment but it's the VR functionality that I'd love to have :D

You know it's not even the simulator aspect I'm most excited for when it comes to VR. When we finally have very life-like graphics taking that and distorting it would create for the lack of a better word very trippy experiences.

Tellaerin

Gone Home: find someone in your neighborhood who is on vacation and explore their home

Note: If you "explore their home" without obtaining permission beforehand, you're liable to get yourself arrested. In that case, you might get to live out The Escapists too, if you're feeling adventurous. Two games in one!

Thezez

Banned
Note: If you "explore their home" without obtaining permission beforehand, you're liable to get yourself arrested. In that case, you might get to live out The Escapists too, if you're feeling adventurous. Two games in one!

Depending on the home you may even get to live out Saw.

Shadownet

Banned
so is the evil within great then?

tbh for as much as i hate 30fps i really like that letterboxing
I'm loving it so far, I'm scared of turning around every damn corner or walking into any room.

You can activate the console and unlock the frame rate to 60fps though.

Tellaerin

You know it's not even the simulator aspect I'm most excited for when it comes to VR. When we finally have very life-like graphics taking that and distorting it would create for the lack of a better word very trippy experiences.

What I'd love to see in VR is a more fleshed out version of something like Omikron. An adventure set in a fully-realized parallel world with its own history, media, etc., and gameplay built around 'jumping into" any of the world's occupants (who have their own unique skills, daily routines, etc.) and using their abilities to complete your objectives. Just the idea of exploring some fully-realized science fantasy city in VR that looks and feels real would be amazing.

Sendou

Is it weird that it's CS:GO music kits that make me want to play the game again? Yeah I'm aware just how much of a pleb I am just by having in-game music on but that Austin Wintory music though...

I don't get the combat complaints, you have a ton of tools at your disposal but not enough ammo to feel overpowered. Various melee options but not overpowered like in RE4/5(6 is built around it) Heads break apart in different ways depending on the gun used, it just feels incredible.

It might fall apart but 6 hours in I'm so happy!

Edit: 4/5 are built around the melee too I suppose, but this feels different in that you can never rely on it whereas in those games it was "knee pop, roundhouse"

milena87

I can't seem to stop watching videos of Dragon Age Inquisition... help me.
I wanted to wait for it to drop in price, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

Anyway, I started playing Murdered Soul Suspect last night: so far it's interesting. The puzzles / investigations are pretty easy, hopefully they'll get a bit more challenging later on.
It also has a lot of collectibles and I know I'll have to get them all é_è

Shadownet

Banned
Are the achievements in the Evil Within broken for anyone else?
Yup I just finished chapter 3 and no trophy. I assumed there was some sort of chapter related trophies.
good morning
does 60fps breaks anything in TEW ?
No, at least not for me. When there is a lot of action though my frame rate does sip to 50-55 but you cant even tell unless you have a counter on. Though I wouldn't recommend turning off the black bars. It make the POV look really bad.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Changes made to netcode:

Those changes are as follows:

Change in Endless Battle – Users will not be able to join the game if the host is currently in a fight. Only once the fight ends and both the host and guest are returned to the lobby can they receive requests for other matches. This will prevent users from pinging the host during their matches.
The number of open connections the user can upkeep after canceling his game search has been reduced; thereby reducing the number of players pinged.
The acceptable input delay limit has been increased from 15 frames to 35 frames, so now even with terrible latency issues, users should experience what feels like an input delay instead of lag or random disconnects.

Will this improve things in a noticeable way? I guess I'll find out

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Alien Isolation is terrifying, specially the sound design, so good.

Yup, as often jaded and bored with the usual horror tropes I find myself being (despite loving the genre), Alien has kept me entertained and on my toes and I'm nearing the final hours. A few iffy decisions aside, this has been the real deal for me.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Appreciation for the previous work of the developers.

Lain

ModBot said:
[Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-21CEDB6ADE186429 - Taken by deadflower81
The Maker's Eden -- MB-26D0068398C92FB1 - Taken by Abomination

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i just watched the quick look and i'm kind of divided

i love the whole mindfuckery part tho even tho i'm generally not crazy on spooky stuff but gameplay looks like a the last of us clone and i'm not sure i want that

i really loved the highs of the tlou experience but at the same time i would've loved that game to be a lot less streamlined and this doesn't seem like it made any progress in that area

Pandemic

Ended up purchasing Ryse: Son of Rome.. Probably hate the supernatural part that's been said is included in the game. But the rest of it looks pretty sick.

Well, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is definitely more Borderlands 2, which is a good or bad thing based off of what your opinion of Borderlands 2 is. It's a good thing in my books. The new gameplay wrinkles are the new classes, the low gravity environment and new weapon types. So far I've only tried Athena, she's the tank. Her active ability lets you tank a bunch of damage with her shield and then toss it back at enemies for added damage. She's kinda fun but I really want to try the other characters too.

The whole oxygen meter thing hasn't really been a constraint so far. There's so many areas where you can replenish your oxygen supply and so many things that can drop air supply pick ups. So far it's more of a maneuverability resource, added boost in your low grav jumping and ground slams. The new laser weapons in the Pre-Sequel are kind of like Eridium weapons from B2 without the exorbitant ammo cost. I haven't encountered any cryo weapons yet tho, but I'm only level 8 and 3 hours in.

Also the game sounds deliciously Australian.

maneil99

Ended up purchasing Ryse: Son of Rome.. Probably hate the supernatural part that's been said is included in the game. But the rest of it looks pretty sick.

Prepare for disappointment. I have it on Xbox One, it looks great but its a terrible game. First 2 hours are good, then you realize it's the same thing for 10 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom