• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Oh my. FTL had it out for me. I go to a location, 2 lanius boarders come on. That coupled with what I was against forced me to jump away, landed in a location, 2 more lanius boarders come on my ship for a total of 4. Jump away! 2 more lanius boards, oh come the fuck on.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bayo's short hair looks amazing, I might get it in december when the drought hits just for that hair (and to support Platinum)

and to not get banned :(

Shade

In celebration of another Borderlands game being released! Enjoy the first and play the rest! (quiet you haters!)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Borderlands Game of the Year Edition -- MB-CCE0F4393F8A54C7 - Taken by fspm. 18 entrants total.

t1413274202z1.png

Really enjoying my time with the Evil Within so far, although I'm now stuck on the beginning of chapter 6. Haven't read many reviews but so far it feels perfectly modern and there's always been a lot of tools at your disposal.

autoduelist

I need a good fps. What's good on steam that I may not have played?

- not metro series or fallout or cod or moh
- not alien, i'll get that eventually

Wolfenstein. One of my favorite games this year.

EDIT: beat hard, but whatever, I stick to the recommendation.

Knurek

In FFXIII everyone is intrinsically connected to the world. Sometimes they force some things in with Vanille where she says she didn't pay attention in school or doesn't read the newspaper, but that's somewhat of a stretch.

Without going into spoiler territory, it's, uh, completely reasonable for her to behave like this.

MattyG

Banned
I just realized that now that The Evil Within is out, Bethesda's only big game they have to advertise is Doom 4. Feels like we're either going to get a Prey 2 re-reveal, Dishonored 2, or Fallout 4 or TES6 reveal soon. I would be fine with ANY of those.

Shadownet

Banned
I just realized that now that The Evil Within is out, Bethesda's only big game they have to advertise is Doom 4. Feels like we're either going to get a Prey 2 re-reveal, Dishonored 2, or Fallout 4 or TES6 reveal soon. I would be fine with ANY of those.

If they announced Dishonored 2 or Fallout 4 I'll buy a copy and raffle it off here on GAF.
---------------
Btw I unlocked The Evil Within framerate to 60fps. Steady and smooth without a hitch on max settings. The atmosphere is excellent.
I'm scared as fuck.

GaussTek

Fallout 4 reveal at VGX, believe!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I loved it. And Skyrim since Im going for broke

I'm really enjoying Skyrim for the most part. By far the worst part of the game is the infuriating bugs. Thankfully console commands can usually fix them, but it really shouldn't be necessary to use in the first place, and there are just so many bugs >_>

A lot of the characters could use way more character development than they get too. But at least the only character that matters, Serana, gets a bit of that.

Bethesda can't write quests for shit.

The main Dawnguard quests are decent, at least.

Good morning guys
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-11D363806115A095 - Taken by drizzle. 2 entrants total.
The Maker's Eden -- MB-B2A31D98B75C769E - Taken by Monooboe. 2 entrants total.

t1413265622z1.png

MetalDeer

developed by obsidian

developed by obsidian

developed by obsidian

Not sure if you're hoping it's developed by them or not, but I certainly am. I honestly enjoyed New Vegas more than Fallout 3. Yeah, it was crazy buggy at first, but I can look past that, as long as the big stuff was fixed. Not a huge fan of them not making a
post-game
, though. That was a problem with Fallout 3, too..

Not to say Fallout 3 was bad, though.

zkylon

zkylewd
i would love if they could be bothered to make any of the characters likable in dishonored 2

that's my number 1 complaint about that game

Not sure if you're hoping it's developed by them or not, but I certainly am. I honestly enjoyed New Vegas more than Fallout 3. Yeah, it was crazy buggy at first, but I can look past that, as long as the big stuff was fixed. Not a huge fan of them not making a
post-game
, though. That was a problem with Fallout 3, too..
well yea fo3 is garbage and new vegas is the best rpg since bloodlines

and like obsidian is the best

i don't recognize you anymore

MUnited83

For you.
developed by obsidian

developed by obsidian

developed by obsidian

I'd really love if it was, but I don't think it's likely. If it was I would pre-order it asap. But it's probably made by Bethesda themselves. So will pick it up @7.5$ for the complete edition a year or two after release.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd really love if it was, but I don't think it's likely. If it was I would pre-order it asap. But it's probably made by Bethesda themselves. So will pick it up @7.5$ a year or two after release.
yup, it's gonna be beth

i don't mind if somehow we get another new vegas kind of deal

like i'm 100% ok with beth doing their own shitty version as long as it doesn't mean the real rpg version is still happening

Ozium

has Bethesda ever made a good game? I can't think of any.. Fallout 3 is OK, but garbage compared to 1, 2 and New Vegas... and the elder scrolls are poo..

though I would try out a TES game made by Obsidian

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
has Bethesda ever made a good game? I can't think of any.. Fallout 3 is OK, but garbage compared to 1, 2 and New Vegas... and the elder scrolls are poo..

why are you so trolly lately? thats my job :/

Anustart

Lol it's possible to win every time on easy FTL. 3rd phase, mind control my weapons guy, teleport two guys over, missiles hit perfects to kill guys as they're low on health, o2 taken out. This is the poorest designed end boss I've ever encountered.

When easy is such dependent on luck, normal and hard have got to be just stupid. The game would be much better if the end boss wasn't designed in a manner to just decimate almost anything you can throw against it.

Rhaknar

pls notice me senpai

my hate for TES has been made known multiple times lol
i'd rather play dota

but you hate everything and everyone lately. again, my job.

actually thats not true, I like most games, I dont give a fuck, I have the lowest standards ever... I do hate everyone tho.

except Jawmuncher, because he fought in vietnam and I respect that

zkylon

zkylewd

i dunno if you mean this

but you're right about everything

cept the part about elder scroolls game made by obs

that series is unsalvageable

Just got done going through the intro section and a couple side missions for Borderlands TPS...it's as good as I hoped for...so far I have no complaints...now to bed

Ozium

i dunno if you mean this

but you're right about everything

cept the part about elder scroolls game made by obs

that series is unsalvageable

I do mean it.. I hate TES... it's a walking simulator.. the problem is that, unlike indie games labeled as walking simulators, it's not pretty to look at*

*unless you do the job the devs should have done in the first place by modding it.

the quests are dumb, the stories are dumb, the combat is atrocious.. fans of the series often tell me "it's just great to walk around this environment and take in the story" = Walking Simulator 101

zkylon

zkylewd
I do mean it.. I hate TES... it's a walking simulator.. the problem is that, unlike indie games labeled as walking simulators, it's not pretty to look at*

*unless you do the job the devs should have done in the first place by modding it.

the quests are dumb, the stories are dumb, the combat is atrocious.. fans of the series often tell me "it's just great to walk around this environment and take in the story" = Walking Simulator 101

you speak all the truths

gone home is the best skyrim-like game i've ever played

Lol people still using "walking simulator" as something bad. Walking simulators are awesome.
yup

i mean you're riding the story pretty hard, it can backfire and be a total bore like dear esther but you know stanley parable and shit

i don't get why ppl is against the term tho

i'm a fan of the genre and i find it pretty useful

Ozium

Lol people still using "walking simulator" as something bad. Walking simulators are awesome.

if they are good...

Proteus = good
Gone Home = good
Stanley Parable = good
TES = bad

I'm not using it as something bad, I'm using it as a descriptor of TES gameplay.

Lain

The delay for Raven's cry saddens me. It will be difficult for me to have time to spend on it in November when I'll be deep into WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom