• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started my first ever play through of Dark Souls yesterday. All I gotta say is fuck the Capra Demon. Gonna try and get the drake sword today, maybe even try for Havel's armor and to boost my estus flasks before I go at him for like the 15th time.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Started my first ever play through of Dark Souls yesterday. All I gotta say is fuck the Capra Demon. Gonna try and get the drake sword today, maybe even try for Havel's armor and to boost me estus flasks before I go at him for like the 15th time.

Get the Stone Armor*, its as good as Havel's in the starting phase.

Where to get it:
Below the feline bridge in the forest

xBladeM6x

One point five American Gigabytes of VRAM....

People are actually running maxed out with less VRAM than that as well. To be honest, literally just about every aspect of this game is extremely mismanaged.

Is that a general statement about the game itself, or the PC version specifically? :eek:

Hmm, yeah, I doubt it. I'm using two 970s with 4GB. It doesn't even matter what settings I'm using.

I get the same performance with a 670 2GB, on another system.

Other than SLI, I don't know what could be causing the stuttering, then. :/

Started my first ever play through of Dark Souls yesterday. All I gotta say is fuck the Capra Demon. Gonna try and get the drake sword today, maybe even try for Havel's armor and to boost me estus flasks before I go at him for like the 15th time.

Capra is such a bitch. Rage quit a few session with him and his hell dogs. Half of the pain is that the corridor you fight him in is terribly small.

Dr Dogg

Multiply by one for the conversion factor.

1 FREEDOM!!!

I think I've solved the great PC specs debate. We'll label their requirements by North American birds of prey (and this is totally not a power level type idea).

The indie game is the Kestrel of requirements, where as the console port on middleware engines is requires a Hawk class PC. Multiplats will be Condors or Falcons depending on whether they push CPU or GPU limits. And the grand daddy of Crytek level of performance will of course require the Bald Eagle of PC's.

Freezard

The first thing you'll notice is the extreme sluggish mouse movement in the menus. When you're finally playing, you're seeing texture pop-ins everywhere. Stuttering. Awful 30fps. And the fucking black bars. And when you move there's a huge amount of mouse acceleration and some delay.

Sounds like Dead Island to me. Shitty snail mouse movement speed in the menus and acceleration problems in-game. I get sad by PC ports like that.

It's really easy, actually. Just run up on the stairs as you enter, then drop on the right and kill the two dogs. When you are alone, just roll and evade, attacking him.
usually, what fucks me up is that initial lunge that he does. Drops my health about halfway and then the dogs finish me off.

Get the Stone Armor*, its as good as Havel's in the starting phase.

Where to get it:
Below the feline bridge in the forest
Haven't been to the forest area. I rushed through deeproot and killed the moth boss pretty easily, not sure if you're referring to the same area.

Capra is such a bitch. Rage quit a few session with him and his hell dogs. Half of the pain is that the corridor you fight him in is terribly small.
Yup, that's really the issue. Feels like the devs were just like "fuck them" when they designed that room and put 3 enemies in it. I would be super pissed too if I was the Capra demon and that's my living space.

The menus support tab switching(between different option sections) and wasd for selection. The mouse speed in the menus is sluggish(fine in-game) but they didn't just forget to bother.

Haven't been to the forest area. I rushed through deeproot and killed the moth boss pretty easily, not sure if you're referring to the same area.

Yes, the stone armor is in there. I can't remember exactly which area, but it's under one of the stone references you pass through. You need to loop around left I think to find it.

Jadax

Unless you really do have mobility needs, then don't buy a laptop for gaming, trust me, I've been there.

The issue is, I'm studying in England but I'm from Philly - so if I decide to move back to the US I need to be able to take my laptop/desktop back without having to throw away stuff.

Not sure what to do :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Started my first ever play through of Dark Souls yesterday. All I gotta say is fuck the Capra Demon. Gonna try and get the drake sword today, maybe even try for Havel's armor and to boost my estus flasks before I go at him for like the 15th time.

Getting the Drake Sword is a Pyrrhic Victory. Get a good weapon that scales with dex/str imo, like the Claymore. Havel's armor is going to be extremely heavy and clunky for that fight, I'd generally recommend going sub 50 % Equip Burden.

developed by obsidian

developed by obsidian

developed by obsidian

giphy.gif

Actually I'm a bit too harsh. if they were to make a Fallout game after Bethesda makes Fallout 4, I guess it will be ok.

Arthea

gmg is funny. I had this CVG account for some time, several years at least, but now I can't claim reward anymore, because it's different e-mail than gmg one, and gmg doesn't let me create account for that e-mail, insisting that it's in use, but when I try to recover password, I get - no such account exists, gmg pls!

edited: well, I have a game already, but that besides a point! I wanted extra for gifts and such

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So Greenman sent out the XCOM codes, but here's the interesting thing: 80% off the Enemy Within expansion through playfire rewards if you play for an hour or do the tutorial mission.

I think that might be the cheapest it's ever been, isthereanydeal history leads me to believe the previous low was ten dollars.

Wouldn't it be funny if a playfire coupon wasn't redeemable with playfire credit? I'm assuming that's the scenario here.

So Greenman sent out the XCOM codes, but here's the interesting thing: 80% off the Enemy Within expansion through playfire rewards if you play for an hour or do the tutorial mission.

I think that might be the cheapest it's ever been, isthereanydeal history leads me to believe the previous low was ten dollars.

Wouldn't it be funny if a playfire coupon wasn't redeemable with playfire credit? I'm assuming that's the scenario here.

That's always the scenario.

These are dark days.

Kiru

gmg is funny. I had this CVG account for some time, several years at least, but now I can't claim reward anymore, because it's different e-mail than gmg one, and gmg doesn't let me create account for that e-mail, insisting that it's in use, but when I try to recover password, I get - no such account exists, gmg pls!

edited: well, I have a game already, but that besides a point! I wanted extra for gifts and such

edit2: also I don't see that XCOM: Enemy Within -80% discount that was advertising in e-mail

You need to play the Tutorial OR play it for 1 hour to get that -80% discount via playfire. That's playfire's new reward shit:

playfirev2ucq.png

Wait, when did you get your xcom code? I did the joystick vote thingy but haven't received anything yet : /

Arthea

You need to play the Tutorial OR play it for 1 hour to get that -80 discount via playfire. That's playfire's new reward shit:

http://abload.de/img/playfirev2ucq.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

yeah, I just assumed it's regular discount, how silly of me

baterism

I think I've solved the great PC specs debate. We'll label their requirements by North American birds of prey (and this is totally not a power level type idea).

The indie game is the Kestrel of requirements, where as the console port on middleware engines is requires a Hawk class PC. Multiplats will be Condors or Falcons depending on whether they push CPU or GPU limits. And the grand daddy of Crytek level of performance will of course require the Bald Eagle of PC's.

I... have a feeling that my laptop will be branded a pheasant if that's true.

The issue is, I'm studying in England but I'm from Philly - so if I decide to move back to the US I need to be able to take my laptop/desktop back without having to throw away stuff.

Not sure what to do :(
Sounds like you'll be spending a few more years in England, I would recommend you to buy a desktop, just remember to get a small case, and you can always sell it if you can't bring it back with you. The thing about gaming laptop is, they get outdated very fast, especially when you only have 500 GBP to spare, you can hardly get anything worth while with that budget.

Ozium

Just finished up Half-Life: Opposing Force and found it way more enjoyable than Half-Life 1... Blue Shift next...

HL3 to be announced at VGX surely...

OLvnnMu.gif

I wanted to get some games out of the way before I go back to TEW and loaded up BioShock Infinite, Burial at Sea Part 2, in particular and I can barely bring myself to finish it. After I'm done with this, I will have had enough of BioInf for any reality there might exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom