• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate that current "preallocate then download" thing Steam has going, the allocating takes me twice as long as downloading the damn game.

Also I broke the GMG X-COM thing, now I am in a infinite loop of "claim your game, confirm your email, claim your game" loop

What's the "Bonus DLC" that comes with Evil Within? edit: Fighting Chance DLC apparently.

Shengar

Does Steam screenshot compress images? Or is it just Wasteland 2 so shitty that it looks like shit when I took a gameplay screenshot?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From the comment, you can still unlocked it right? So I can still bought a physical copy of Beyond Earth without getting screwed?

Well, in that case the dev didn't actually go ahead with removing the region-lock despite promising to do so, but ACRTAG doesn't affect retail keys*, so as long as you don't buy a copy of CivBE from India, Eastern Europe or Asia, you're fine.

* With the possible exception of multi-pack keys.

Are the Crusader Kings II DLCs region locked?

Nope.

Turfster

Note that the current "main" Humble bundle only lasted for a week, so they might skip a few weeks again.
(They might not, but you never know with main bundles)

tauke

Since I already got XCOM Enemy Unknown (and just finish it like 2 weeks ago!), I want to spread the joy of killing X-Rays to Gaffers.

ModBot said:
Instructions for tauke:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tauke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-5A89C61E33180CB8 - Taken by Purkake4. 9 entrants total.

t1413308525z1.png

Grief.exe

I'm liking FFXIII better than Shadow of Mordor and what I have seen so far of Evil Within.

Admittedly, Evil Within doesn't leave the best first impressions. Mediocre PC port at best while leading with its two worst chapters.

to quote Grief.

one point five american gigabytes of vram.

I probably ended up copy-pasting that around 10 times last night as people kept asking in different threads.

Grief.exe

And FFXIII is a good PC port?
(◐ o ◑)

Definitely not. I was referring purely to gameplay when I was rating the three, but I am giving Square more leeway here. Not only was the game $10, but the shear ignorance on display is impressive.

Does Steam screenshot compress images? Or is it just Wasteland 2 so shitty that it looks like shit when I took a gameplay screenshot?

Every time I've seen shots of Wasteland 2, even during development, it has always looked extremely blurry to me.

Hugstable

Banned
And FFXIII is a good PC port?
(◐ o ◑)

I've been enjoying it so far, already at Chapter 6 and still running the game in 720p (did GeDoSaTo ever get the DOF problem fixed for XIII during the cutscenes? Haven't tried using it since the first day), but FFXIII is absolutely stunning and runs great even at 720p. Really have been enjoying the battle system so far, even if everything still feels incredibly restricted. When is the game supposed to open up and allow me more control of my party and such? It was a bad port since it's so barebones, but I've been enjoying it.

Zafir

I've been enjoying it so far, already at Chapter 6 and still running the game in 720p (did GeDoSaTo ever get the DOF problem fixed for XIII during the cutscenes? Haven't tried using it since the first day), but FFXIII is absolutely stunning and runs great even at 720p. Really have been enjoying the battle system so far, even if everything still feels incredibly restricted. When is the game supposed to open up and allow me more control of my party and such? It was a bad port since it's so barebones, but I've been enjoying it.
You can control 3 people in some of Chapter 7. 8 goes back to 2 people, but after that you have a full team from then on if I recall correctly.

Grief.exe

DOF is fixed for the most part.

I'm aware. Thought I was losing my shit seeing the same post while trolling all the TEW/Steam threads.

:D

We were in the same threads!

iosefe

Yes it was fixed. Update to the lates build

To anyone playing Alien Isolation and thinking the shadows and reflections aren"t top notch:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/alien...eiled-improve-planar-reflections-lod-shadows/

Blurry shadows:

Sharp shadows:

No reflections:

Godd reflections:

That link made me wait to continue. Here's the SteamGuide version :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=324612199

To be honest, I couldn't see a ton of improvements on my side. Everything is super-duper maxed now and I'm holding at 60fps. Could use some AA though....

Shengar

Well, in that case the dev didn't actually go ahead with removing the region-lock despite promising to do so, but ACRTAG doesn't affect retail keys*, so as long as you don't buy a copy of CivBE from India, Eastern Europe or Asia, you're fine.

* With the possible exception of multi-pack keys.
Actually I'm living in Asia, but I'm not really sure if the PC games being stocked here actually published for Asia or they just simply import it from US or Europe. This, combined with quite noticeable price difference between physical and digital makes consider to go digital instead. Its a bummer cause I want a physical copy for civ games :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom