• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

No, the Evil Within is not ugly, its probably one of the best looking horror games I've ever seen.

I don't know, I like the enemy design and the character models are really great. Something just seems off. Oh well, will report after I put some more hours into the game.

maneil99

No, the Evil Within is not ugly, its probably one of the best looking horror games I've ever seen.

I recommend going 60fps but don't get rid of the black bars. It just kinda make the FOV issue look worst IMO.

Also while this game have some technical issues. Its a great horror games. Don't listen to some of these negative reviews. Especially people who probably never play it and just going with the hate crowds. I did a speed run of Mordor cause I loved it so much. And so far Im loving every minute in The Evil Within. Well, loving it as much as I can while being absolutely terrified.

Yea the art style, especially later on is amazing

But it's like a 7 or 8/10 to Dead Space's 9/10. It's not until the third game that it drops off a goddamn cliff.

Dead Space 3 is good if you view it as something other then survival horror.

Shadownet

Banned
It wasn't as good imo. :c
But it's like a 7 or 8/10 to Dead Space's 9/10. It's not until the third game that it drops off a goddamn cliff.
I'm surrounded by crazies. Dead Space 2 was better. But I guess opinions.

I don't know, I like the enemy design and the character models are really great. Something just seems off. Oh well, will report after I put some more hours into the game.
Its the POV man, that's what probably off to you. But otherwise the game look incredible.

rtcn63

Should have just continued with that analogy.

Maybe I have a soft spot for the art style and Lizzy. The combat, weapon and enemy variety were a huge step back from 2 though, I agree. Not as big an offense as DS3 and RE6, kinda, sorta. Those went full you-know-what.

rtcn63

Survival horror and responsive shooter are sort of on opposite sides of the spectrum, and when you gradually alter the former to suit the latter, things almost never work out.

Shadownet

Banned
25 people on my friends list still doesnt have X-com Enemy Within. Is it too late to do that Golden Joystick reward now? If not you all should go do it.

rtcn63

DS3 is okay. I tried to coop it with a friend after finishing the campaign (months later), and were more frustrated than elated. Just stopped after two or three hours.

Is it comparable to the first two games? Nope. I've replayed them multiple times, but DS3, can't do it.

I'm shocked people like Dead Space. When I played it on PC it was a horrible mess of a game. To start, it was a technical mess with a couple game-ending glitches and its mouse implentation is the worst I've ever seen in a game (Seriously; I had to use my mouse's enhanced sensitivity settings while also maxing out the in-game sensitivity for it to behave even SEMI-NORMALLY.) All of the atmosphere established in the game is immediately undone by subpar visuals and corpse physics that put even Dark Souls to shame.

If you're crazy and want to score games, an argument could be made to score DS a 6/10 (if you've conveniently forgotten about the zero-G segments and the turret sequence) but otherwise I would lump it in the illustrious 5/10 bargain bin. Standardised to a proper score, it would be a 3/5 in all cases.

The verdict
: If you want to play a bleak and depressing game play Recettear instead. There are no truer horrors than those in a high-fantasy, capitalistic society.

rtcn63

I played it on 360 with an SDTV, so pretty much every game was terrible to look at. My remote broke a decade ago and I can't even change the brightness. :D

Copons

Guys, how hard is TR:GoL?

If I were to play it with my girlfriend, who would like to play some co-op (after Monaco and Battleblock Theatre) but isn't really skilled, would it be too frustrating for her?

Also, does it support controller AND kb/m at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom