• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on general internet/forum/Steam blackout for a good while for legitimate reasons, but things are back to normal enough now that I'm no longer in hiding. I own up to and apologize to all the applicable people for my failure in communication during that time. It's good to see the Steam threads are healthier than ever.

Good to have you back buddy.

abracadaver

Thomas Was Alone.

kj9m2dim.jpg

The fuck?

I doubt she would want to play something that looked like that

Ronik

My girlfriend has been enjoying "max: the curse of brotherhood". She completed the first chapter within 3 hours (she never played games with a controller before)

What are some other easy platformers on steam that dont involve a lot of combat/shooting? Coop would be great as well.

I'm thinking about trine, limbo and castle of illusions. Anything else like that?

Adventures of Shuggy is a great platformer with local co-op and no combat.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wasnt the thomas dev making a new game?

Miguel81

Ah alright that banner^^ I thought something about the Box Dude of Evil Within.

Nah I'll pass on Isolation for now. I have no nerve in slow gameplay and hiding. I'm not the type for that gameplay and even if it looks great ... it would be a chore to play for me. I like watching it on Twitch/Youtube though.

And I'm having waaaaaay too much fun with Dead Rising 3 on PC right now. God, never would I have thought that this is so much fun.

Box/Safe dude is something else I tell ya, second only to potato-sack Jason from Friday the 13th part II. On the Isolation part, not all games are for everyone. I'm partial to slow-moving creepfests so I'm pretty psyched for it.

TEW should be great(hope), but I'm still wondering how it will perform on my gpu.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone actually posted before you?! :D You must be really tired XD

Or not tired enough!

dat Australian lag

Incidentally, I switched ISPs a few days ago and for some bizarre reason I was placed on the Sydney POP, which is on the other side of the country, so my ping to every state is 70~80ms, depending on distance. I'm hoping this will be fixed tomorrow.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I was on general internet/forum/Steam blackout for a good while for legitimate reasons, but things are back to normal enough now that I'm no longer in hiding. I own up to and apologize to all the applicable people for my failure in communication during that time. It's good to see the Steam threads are healthier than ever.

Hey Xelios, glad to see you pop up back here.

Well, trying my best to actually get through my backlog on Steam before committing to buy more games, which isn't easy with games like The Evil Within, WWE 2k15, Alien Isolation, The Crew and others temping me. Bah.

Oh and FF XIII next week too, but I already pre-ordered that so it already counts as my backlog, right?

Arthea

I added bunch of new and not so new steamgafers on steam, I like to keep active ones close at hand, to see what they are up to. In case I forgot someone, you know the drill, add me instead.

Or not tired enough!

Incidentally, I switched ISPs a few days ago and for some bizarre reason I was placed on the Sydney POP, which is on the other side of the country, so my ping to every state is 70~80ms, depending on distance. I'm hoping this will be fixed tomorrow.

Maybe they just want you and your steam library move to Sidney? Who wouldn't want?

edited: talking about Thomas was alone, platforming ain't that bad too, and looks totally can be deceiving. It's part of what makes Thomas was alone so good, it proves the point that you don't need fancy graphics to make a good game.
and that narrator is awesome

Bl@de

Box/Safe dude is something else I tell ya, second only to potato-sack Jason from Friday the 13th part II. On the Isolation part, not all games are for everyone. I'm partial to slow-moving creepfests so I'm pretty psyched for it.

TEW should be great(hope), but I'm still wondering how it will perform on my gpu.

Potato-Sack Jason. Oh I loved him. Even if 99% of the people only think of the hockey mask.

Mikami really loves those influences. The (gay) sonbrotherchild of Potato Jason and Leatherface was one of the most iconic enemies in RE.

dr.salvador.jpg

and he will be coming back ... oh the horror

evil-within-gameplay-screenshot-chainsaw-guy.jpg

Maybe they just want you and your steam library move to Sidney? Who wouldn't want?

Don't fall for it Jase, they just want your Steam library in Sydney so they can boast about it on their tourist broachures. I know I would travel to Sydney to see Australias largest(?) Steam library.

MadGear

It seems Nuuvem has FF13 even cheaper, that's about $10, no? Amazing

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2356-final-fantasy-xiii

I don't know is it region locked or no, though

Hm Nuuvem really seems to have some great offers. I wanted to get MGR from them back then but didn't feel that safe sending my papal info over some random proxy using Hola. I could create a dummy paypal account to pay with but oh well, I'm way to lazy to do that :D
Guess I'll just wait for it the be discounted during a steam sale.

Really looking forward to that game but oh boy, it really doesn't look good in still images at all.

agniswarm

Banned
Hm Nuuvem really seems to have some great offers. I wanted to get MGR from them back then but didn't feel that safe sending my papal info over some random proxy using Hola. I could create a dummy paypal account to pay with but oh well, I'm way to lazy to do that :D

Its not safe...as using proxy you are always open to get scammed..

Arthea

wait... you don't need hola or VPN to buy from Nuuvem, unless that changed.
I bought several games from them using paypal directly and I'm in EU.
or I forgot (><)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was wwe 2k15 confirmed for PC yet or do we still only have that brochure?

C4rter

Just change your password immediately after you've made the purchase (and be disconnected from Hola) I did it this way for MRG and my account is still save.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm going to say it now, I have a nagging feeling The Evil Within will be a better horror game than Alien Isolation. *dibs*

A better game? Maybe
A better horror game? Hard to believe.
I can't find games where I can blast heads off of some monsterman that scary tbh.

What are some other easy platformers on steam that dont involve a lot of combat/shooting? Coop would be great as well.

I'm thinking about trine, limbo and castle of illusions. Anything else like that?

Some of the games below are harder than others, but I left out the most demanding stuff

Thomas was alone - well actually it is more a puzzle platfortmer, anyway it is quite easy and is also fun
Oozi
Mechanic escape
Dustforce is very good but maybe not very easy
Fly'n is very good but it can get quite hard at times
Vector
Nightsky
Hell, yeah!
Beatbuddy - not a platformer technically speaking, still it is very good
Element4l
Teslagrad
Grimind
Pid

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
My girlfriend has been enjoying "max: the curse of brotherhood". She completed the first chapter within 3 hours (she never played games with a controller before)

I guess you don't have a Wii cause NSMB is basically what you want.

Battle Block Theater is fun, has coop and is not too hard. I'd recommend that.

I tried playing Battleblock Theatre once with my gf but it didnt click with us.
Then played it with a friend I coop a lot of games with and it still didnt click.

The game is far too simple and repetitive I would say.

The game gets much much less simple very quickly. Some of the stages are just brutal.

Anteater

Everything in that shot looks great to me outside of maybe the floor texture.

The Evil Within has a lot of bad screenshots, especially with jaggies and the grain doesn't really help, I'm sure the game looks great if someone would actually take some downsampled shots.

Outside of low texture quality (which seems to be the case with most idtech games?) I would say it looks pretty good:

Sendou

Could someone that finished The Vanishing of Ethan Carter answer one question? I'm now in
mines. There's the cursed miner attack. Or I'm not sure what that dude is but I do know it made me quit the game right there. Now I'm trying to get back to the game since I really do like everything else I've seen with the game. I just would want to know if there's more jump scares or anything similiar scary stuff there. The whole place is just creeping me a little too much right now. What about after the mine? Anything scary stuff to be expected then?

Teppic

Rayman Legends is all you need. While it's not extremely easy I don't think it's that hard either. Great for CO-OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom