• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

I'm not from the US ... and yes, that is around $6k a year ... and no, the cost of living isn't very cheap at all

I knew you weren't from the US, I was just clarifying you meant US dollars (should have said USD instead I guess).

That's crazy. I thought it was bad in the US, with a substantial portion of the population not making a living wage, but at least the average is enough to get by (until you factor in the cost of raising a family at least). Man, that sounds rough.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I knew you weren't from the US, I was just clarifying you meant US dollars (should have said USD instead I guess).

That's crazy. I thought it was bad in the US, with a substantial portion of the population not making a living wage, but at least the average is enough to get by (until you factor in the cost of raising a family at least). Man, that sounds rough.

yeah ... it is rough ... so, taking into consideration average wages here - even those "super cheap" Russian copies weren't really all that cheap for me ... sure, they were like $25 ... problem is - compared to how much we earn here on average - even that $25 "felt" to me like $60 feels for people in the US

well, that's enough complaining from me ... not like that's gonna change anything

L.O.R.D

Isn't one of the challenges with Saudi Arabia that that "average" is kinda misleading, because there's very heavy variance (IE lots of incredibly rich folks, lots of incredibly poor folks)? If publishers are starting from the assumption that the poor folks aren't able to buy video games at all, then their target audience might be very comparable to US/Western Europe in terms of purchasing power?

(I actually know very little about selling in EMEA regions so perhaps someone here with more experience might offer some insight)

yes, in saudi arabia there is very rich folks , but you really can't compare them for the average people here
but most of them doesn't even care to play games , because most of them are merchants and salesmen that gain $15000+ in a month
so , they don't even have the time to play
and even if they want to play , they buy PS4 or Xbox ( mostly PS console )

me0wish

some game are not available , like Dark souls 1 ( Dark souls 2 is available and i don't know why )
street fighter 4 , watch dogs and the crew and GTA and a lot more

the average salary here is around $1000 in month
and its weird that we been charged just like the US

Dark souls 1 isn't purchasable in the middle east cause of GFWL, GTA games are banned just like spec ops, and I have no idea why watch dogs and the crew are not there as all Ubi games are available.

Yeah sucks about the price, many people around here are into piracy because they actually can't afford to buy games.

liezryou

Ok since i have been pretty AFK from GAF and steam news overall, can someone explain to me what the hell is going on and why everyone is crying no more russian?

L.O.R.D

many people around here are into piracy because they actually can't afford to buy games.

what funny is i find alot of them have GTX 770 and GTX 780
or even laptop with GTX880m with 8 GB ram

and they said we don't have money
and you can see their PS4/Xbox gamer card filled with games

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of alr1ght, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-FA9C10736CBA2047 - Taken by Jmanunknown. 11 entrants total.

t1413331025z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Ok since i have been pretty AFK from GAF and steam news overall, can someone explain to me what the hell is going on and why everyone is crying no more russian?

ACRTAG is default now for all future relesse games. So everything from now on is lock unless the developers turn turned on the ACRTAG.

So no more cheap Russian games. At least not new ones.

MUnited83

For you.
ACRTAG is default now for all future relesse games. So everything from now on is lock unless the developers turn turned on the ACRTAG.

*for all future releases whose package/sub was created a month ago or earlier.

Zafir

Blergh at the region locking by default. Won't do them any favours. Just means I won't be buying as many games. Most of the games I've bought through trading while being interested in, I could have waited. What pushed me to buy was the cheaper price. At the full £35-£40 price point? I won't even bother. Back to either buying retail, ordering from GMG using a code or just waiting till it drops to a super low price.

liezryou

Ahh fuck. Oh well, i said it was coming, remember JaseC when i said valve was pushing for region locks? :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
With all this talk about the ACRTAG defaults, I realized today that I've never once paid $59.99 for a game on Steam (unless you count the Torchlight II 4-pack I bought back in 2012).

Grief.exe

Duck Dynasty Test Chamber (Game Informer): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDrr5V4BU74

I can't promise that I won't buy this at 75% off.

I've never actually seen that much screen tearing during a youtube video.

Something that frustrates me though, even journalists never know when there is a PC version available. They referenced every console version in the video, but never talked about the PC. Not really a big deal here since this game is a literal joke, but I see it happen almost constantly.

The Tomb Raider app has been hugely updated, any idea what it is ?
https://steamdb.info/app/203160/history/

10 minutes ago.

Didn't add anything or make any changes, looks like they are just trimming the fat.

Darkroronoa

I had 2€ in my wallet and bought tomb raider and the guardian of light.

Wow!!! Played an hour and this game is great! I read the praise but this is better than what i expected to be. I really really like this style, i should have bought this earlier.

I had 2€ in my wallet and bought tomb raider and the guardian of light.

Wow!!! Played an hour and this game is great! I read the praise but this is better than what i expected to be. I really really like this style, i should have bought this earlier.
I really excited for the sequel, which is going to be 4 player instead of just 2.

L.O.R.D

so , using ACRTAG
can i buy Russian version of DARK SOULS II Season Pass and change the IP just like origin and active the gift ?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If I knew I could make new accounts for X-Com, I would've gotten a couple for my friends... :( I wonder if new keys will show up eventually?

Also, blocking of cross-country gifting is enabled by default now? Oh well... It's not like I ever took advantage of that. I hope cross-country registering of keys is still somewhat safe (so you people can benefit from Nuuvem and I can benefit from Amazon/Gamefly/GMG).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom