• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFXIII was locked since it's beginning, but people can buy the ROW version through exploits.

Both Ryse(the preorder sub) and FFXIII also have subs that are much older than a month.
How about games that have subs for each region, are they only locking the russian ones by default

Grief.exe

Wbacon is a lucky man.

2VOPsGF.png

Last gen PC + PS3 was unbeatable imo (plus a 3/DS if you wanted a handheld). Unfortunately that lured me into buying a PS4 about three years too early, now I'm too lazy to sell it and can't justify buying a second current gen console. Oh well, life's hard.

ERizyyh.png

Oublieux

They are locking every single sub, doesn't matter if they have separate subs for each region.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the ACRTAG essentially prevents us from trading or gifting between countries. However, actually playing the game in another country (if I were to move elsewhere, for example) would still function. Would that be right?

Sad about the ACRTAG if true... but I expected this to happen.

PC+GBA was a great platform choice in the past.

PC+3DS has been treating me alright the past years.

I don't see why PC+3DS+WiiU wouldn't be even better.

Both of the moderators who routinely browse these threads own a WiiU, and we frequently discuss Nintendo in this thread as it's a good combination with PC.

Steam Registry.

Just let it happen, I'm about to be forced to take on the same cost.
Do it guys, it's glorious. probably one of the best purchases i've made in the last few years.

MUnited83

For you.
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the ACRTAG essentially prevents us from trading or gifting between countries. However, actually playing the game in another country (if I were to move elsewhere, for example) would still function. Would that be right?

Sad about the ACRTAG if true... but I expected this to happen.

Yes, ACRTAG doesn't prevent you from playing, it only prevents the activating itself.

Oublieux

Do it guys, it's glorious. probably one of the best purchases i've made in the last few years.

I would be all over a Wii U, but I just can't support their exorbitantly strict region locking. I consider it a huge headache since I live overseas. Korea is its own independent region--absolutely terrible.

Lomax

If I wasn't going to be buying a 970 I'd seriously consider getting a Wii U, but then I'd probably never play it either.

The androids in Alien:Iso are such godless killing machines. Emptied an entire revolver clip into this dudes head, plus his him with the jack...and he still managed to curb stomp me to death.

Gordeli

Since the console talk is around. Should i upgrade my months old 750ti or get a wii u for that sweet Bayo and the other exclusives? Help

inky

PSA: Don't play Kingdoms of Amalur with an XBONE controller. It causes severe performance issues. (At least the Origin version, but there is a thread in the Steam forums so I'm assuming that version as well).

Took me 2 hours to figure out it was that :p

Meesh

Since the console talk is around. Should i upgrade my months old 750ti or get a wii u for that sweet Bayo and the other exclusives? Help
Do it, go for da Bayo. I'm picking up a couple copies myself and venturing into the wide world of pc later too. :)

Depends on how long that would delay your 750ti upgrade, and if that is something you'd really want to do.

If you're gonna be fine with the performance on your 750ti for like the next 6 months or something, then sure go for a Wii U.

I would be all over a Wii U, but I just can't support their exorbitantly strict region locking. I consider it a huge headache since I live overseas. Korea is its own independent region--absolutely terrible.
Well, although it doesn't affect me that much(as in i wouldn't really import games, seeing i don't understand Japanese, for example), but it's terrible that you have to pass through that. Nintendo can be really idiotic sometimes.

Yep, Super Mario 3D World is better than anything I beat on Steam this year.
I'm still trying to get it, although i played it on my brothers Wii U, and loved it. just on this month i got Hyrule Warriors, Wind Waker HD and MK8, besides Wonderful 101 i bought right after getting the console.

I'll have to wait till Zelda. Big N are building quite a catalog on this system, and I can't wait until they announce a new Metroid.
Although would argue that the library already has some really good stuff, i totally see your point.

EDIT: although this is getting sorta common on the thread, i'm sorry if i'm sorta derailing the thread b posting this too. I saw MRORANGE "." post and i cant shake the thought that it was related to that.

Gordeli

Depends on how long that would delay your 750ti upgrade, and if that is something you'd really want to do.

If you're gonna be fine with the performance on your 750ti for like the next 6 months or something, then sure go for a Wii U.
I mostly want to upgrade because of the huge requierements new games are coming up with, and because i barely spend on games with steam family sharing

I mostly want to upgrade because of the huge requierements new games are coming up with, and because i barely spend on games with steam family sharing
So I guess: Do you want to play the newest Steam games at their best, or do you want to play the newest Wii U games right now? EIther one will be there for you later.

Gordeli

So I guess: Do you want to play the newest Steam games at their best, or do you want to play the newest Wii U games right now? EIther one will be there for you later.
I guess the Wii U option wins because i can still play the pc games and for free but looking like poop compared to how I saw shadow of mordor in my brother's in law 780 rig

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder when we'll get a single player story driven Star Wars game where we can play as Emperor Sheev. Imagine the endless lore possibilities.

Miguel81

I guess the Wii U option wins because i can still play the pc games and for free but looking like poop compared to how I saw shadow of mordor in my brother's in law 780 rig

I would wait for cards with a bit more vram, but that's just me.

Pros: Atmosphere, graphic, environment, soundtrack, solid gameplay/combat, great looking characters.

Cons: characters are kinda uninteresting, so is the story so far, terrible FOV and that I don't have enough underwears.

I'm gonna have to play it on the TV if that is the case.

Edit: Speaking of The Evil Within, I just received an e-mail from Nuuvem for it -- You will shit in your pants!

Pros: Atmosphere, graphic, environment, soundtrack, solid gameplay/combat, great looking characters.

Cons: characters are kinda uninteresting, so is the story so far, terrible FOV and that I don't have enough underwears.
Aw story sucks? I wasn't expecting to be amazing but i was hoping it would at least be interesting. But gameplay is most important so its cool :) just need thqt fix to the aspect ratio so I can remove those shitty black bars

Shadownet

Banned
Aw story sucks? I wasn't expecting to be amazing but i was hoping it would at least be interesting. But gameplay is most important so its cool :) just need thqt fix to the aspect ratio so I can remove those shitty black bars

No I don't mean the story sucks. I just think it's not the strongest point of the game so far. I'm about halfway in and I'm still not sure who the antagonist truly is and why he's doing any of this.

The game is fun though, its like a rollercoaster ride of terror. So I guess most of the time I'm too caught up in the game to even notice the plot.

SSPssp

Speaking of Bayonetta 2, I hope Newegg doesn't take too long to ship. Their free shipping is 4-7 days "egg-saver". I ordered it when they had a $10 giftcard so its worth it though.

FloatOn

I've been considering going nintendo as well recently. It seems like much of this gens AAA has not panned out so well.

Destiny, Watch Dawgs, Ryse and so on has been average or worse.

I do have high hopes for Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Bloodborne and Witcher 3 but those certainly don't warrant purchasing a console for yet. Whereas Wii U has built a respectable first party library that I can see myself pouring several hours into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom