• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

When is the Doom beta starting ;-;
When does the DOOM Beta start?

Although you’ll receive the DOOM beta key code with your copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order, the DOOM beta won’t begin until a later, yet-to-be announced date. We will contact you with news and updates surrounding the start of the DOOM beta via the email address provided during the key code redemption process.

That's a US-only deal, though.

Canada exists too

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I smell people still being sour about the whole Bayonetta 2/Nintendo deal...

Nah I was ecstatic it existed again after a friend who had some contacts said Sega cancelled it but my reaction to the Direct announcing it was "Well shit now I have to buy a Wii U."

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Xcom -- MB-95227BF57C3A5ED5 - Taken by Firehead

sfried

I guess I must be lucky, to have (custom built thanks to GAF) a powerful (enough) PC rig that can play The Evil Within and other titles coming out while having a WiiU to play all the other stuff I prefer with GamePad functionality along with exclusives.

Don't care much for Beyond: Two Souls, Heavy Rain and games that try very hard to try and become like movies/become to narrative driven to the point of railroading gameplay. Already had my fare share thanks to the Steam sale on Remember Me (which was pretty good for 5 bucks). In fact, seems I'm alot more excited for stuff like Elite: Dangerous (which, oddly enough, is not Steam).

Absolutely ecstatic it exists, salty it got picked up and made exclusive to anything. c'est la vie

I'm not gonna cry about it.
If it wasn't exclusive(because Nintendo is funding the game) it literally wouldn't exist. There's no reason to be salty, games aren't made for charity. Certainly not when the original publisher declines funding them!
Yeah, I remembered it being a complete TBD but I wasn't sure if I had missed some recent development.

I forgot I had this. Suddenly hyped for it, and then disappointed by there being no information. :(
That's where I am, was watching Brad from giantbomb play Doom II and I remembered that the Doom beta was a thing. Still can't believe that Quakecon footage didn't get leaked.

Sendou

They should find a way to be abe to use the Gamepad on PC first. Now that would be delicious.

It's already possible. Guys behind Dolphin (...I think) made Wind Waker using Dolphin work on GamePad Off-TV mode. It's not viable (quite choppy) yet but I'm feeling pretty confident it'll get there.

I get that, thank you.
Then you have no reason to be salty!

Evil Within actually looks nice most of the time, I wonder how much they changed idtech5. I mean the game has actual lighting with dynamic shadows that morph and you can interact with the environment. And in most cases you can get close to a wall and it won't look like a compressed jpg!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
There are people who don't?! What's wrong with you guys!

Honestly if Bayonetta 2 didn't exist I wouldn't have one right now, but that would have meant I missed The Wonderful 101 which I also love so I'm glad I did get one. There isn't much else that suits my tastes though but next year seems pretty good with Zelda and StarFox.

Sendou

Ask nintendo to launch their system here and start localizing their games, or/and get rid of the region lock, not my fault if they don't want to do business with me :p

Where's here? Region locking is indeed not very cool no matter who does it. Globalized world yo.

Zelda Wii U is the time i buy a Wii U, if it gets cancelled and goes to the next Nintendo console then i'm not getting a Wii U.

It won't.

sfried

I really feel Splatoon might actually become a thing.

Part of me regrets getting the Elgato pre-60fps game capturing device but then again, I livestream at 30 fps and don't want to bother making a Hitbox account.

But anyways, yeah, I need to eat this backlog of Steam. I'm not so sure if Borderlands is "short" because I usually like to just take my pace for these games (I ditched Bioshock and uninstalled it because I grew bored of it), but the Sleeping Dogs upgrade option looks palpable, but I'm thinking it might become cheaper sooner or later, and by that, I mean by the time I finish Borderlands...without the expansions.

So yeah, this might take awhile. (Still have to play more Elite: Dangerous.)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
oh man, i really feel like i should get this humble bundle for FTL alone, but all of these other games kinda dont jive with me. also, i'm not even really super convinced FTL is the kind of game i'd enjoy after watching it being played multiple times.

i guess i'm just waiting to see what game they add.

aku:jiki

One thing I learned from YT comments, some people are fucking morons
Indeed, but I don't even understand what a dumb person gets out of demanding that every game ever made is released in italian. WHY

Here's a funnier thread where Side_Effect posted the same warning and then Fabio shows and he mad. It's on the last few pages, dunno how to link to that. Yes, I'm avoiding work so hard that I even thought googling this guy would be a better idea.

Anteater

Where's here? Region locking is indeed not very cool no matter who does it. Globalized world yo.

Asia, and even if they did, their systems I think has a region J lock (i could be wrong, I skipped out on wii, or maybe it even has its own lock, i don't know), where basically you are stuck playing japanese/asia games, but because nintendo localization support is kind of bad, there are barely any games to buy, stores don't carry many of their games either because of piracy with wii and the nds. It's basically Sony/Microsoft land here due to their bigger localization effort/region free systems.

xBladeM6x

Normally when you delete games on Steam, it keeps the save. Apparently in Uplay land, deleting my ACIV 99% completion save file is cool when I deleted only the game, to get some HDD space. :l

Firehead

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Xcom -- MB-95227BF57C3A5ED5 - Taken by Firehead

Blasted modbot, why'd you post the image for Enemy Within? Apologies for the inconvenience, please revoke that and redo the giveaway. :(

Ozium

I'm in the middle of the penultimate mission in Alien Isolation and having a blast so far... the game is long, I've put about 22 hours into it playing on Hard... Some parts are frustrating but I find if I quit and come back to the game later I often finish those parts ez peasy... lol..

even though the game is long I don't know what I would necessarily get rid of, everything is paced pretty well and when there's hair pulling sections it feels great to pass them, and the game generally has periods where you can relax a bit (but still have to be aware)

GOTY, easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom