• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Yeah, I already had XCOM, really should get back into that. I never really played games like that before and I've been enjoying it, can't help thinking I don't have the tactical mind for it though.

I've played original too much back in a day and I somehow just can't stick with reboot for a longer time, it feels too familiar or something? not sure, it is a good game, though

I honestly wanted to play a bit of CoH2, but the game's too big. Not worth it for the limited time I would be able to spend with it.

That's the problem with all big games, I overdid with number of asslong games this year and when I think of starting another one, it's just too much. Not that I don't want to, only time investment is a major problem.

Yes but my response was aimed at 'i regret my username anyway'.

Still unbought, every time my finger is over the purchase button I think 'what if they announce it for PC tomorrow? WHAT IF?'.

excuses!
if I had PS4, nobody, even tanks near my door would be able to stop me from playing it (><)

damn EA, release it on PC already!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I've played original too much back in a day and I somehow just can't stick with reboot for a longer time, it feels too familiar or something? not sure, it is a good game, though

That's the problem with all big games, I overdid with number of asslong games this year and when I think of starting another one, it's just too much. Not that I don't want to, only time investment is a major problem.

Yeah, I know how you feel. I have a bunch of games I really like but have played less than an hour of, need to go back and give them the time they deserve, but it's tricky to find the time to do so. I should probably hold off on getting more stuff. I'm hoping that the last few sales have given me enough of the stuff I wanted to make me shop a little more cautiously this time around.

Yeah that makes more sense to me now. I kinda gathered that, but just didn't understand the reasoning behind why they are given out (which I now understand thanks to Haunted and others haha).
You can get it by doing something incredibly awesome, or incredibly stupid.

Or when mods feel like giving one.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Huh, I just realised my avatar was missing his eyepatch. I have avatars turned off at work to make it look less like I'm avoiding doing work. Working from home today as I had to take my cat to the vet. £130 spent on him already in vet visits, another £300 or so coming more than likely. And I don't have insurance. Another reason to cut back on the gaming budget!

Kiru

Wow a lot of german sites (onlinewelten.com, playm.de, gbase.ch, gamezone.de, pcgames.de, gamona.de) wrote about that geolock on Sleeping Dogs DE in the last days. I really hope this stupid tag gets removed and won't get used again by clueless publishers.

Deques

Wow a lot of german sites (onlinewelten.com, playm.de, gbase.ch, gamezone.de, pcgames.de, gamona.de) wrote about that geolock on Sleeping Dogs DE in the last days. I really hope this stupid tag gets removed and won't get used again by clueless publishers.

Is there any reason that it is locked in Germany?

Kiru

Is there any reason that it is locked in Germany?

Not really. This topic in the forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/307690/discussions/0/616189742699114338/#p1 is a great read.
Purchase restriction in the steam store would be ok, but people actually imported copies from UK or elsewhere but can't activate them, not even run the game when activated through VPN. There's no german law that enforces Square Enix to add the ProhibitRunInCountries tag to the game. Whole situation is so stupid.

I have the following Payday 2 DLCs in my cart right now; Armored Transport, Mod Courier, Big Bank, and Hotline Miami. I pretty much avoided the weapons because I'll be fine with the default ones. Are there any packs I'm missing that are pretty much necessary? Or are these pretty much all the ones worth getting?

Dude, the weapon DLC's are my favorite. They're so cheap you would be better of getting them now. If you don't want them all, Gage Shotgun and Assault are the best IMO.

They are doing some work on a store in my building and they are cutting the building power all afternoon, fuck this shit, I want to play PC games :(

I was waiting to get home to play some Alien Isolation and now I'll be bored all day.

Ozium

Join the Laptop PC master race

1404773121016.gif

Shadownet

Banned
999MB update for Shadow of Mordor, it adds a photo mode and other bug fixes, shits about to get real in the PC screenshot thread.
Everybody about to become an amatuer photographer in Middle-Earth!

"Smile! Before I slice your head off. Well I'm going to do it anyway.. I didn't mean you have a choice.. Ahh whatever."

@Deques: Photomode to remove the HUD and probably add filters option in. Pretty much like how The Last of Us has a Photo Mode. Its amazing.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
What's the purpose with the photo mode? Seems to add this as a new feature when there Steam has it's own screenshot feature

I'm guessing that it gives options for positioning the camera and the like so that you can set up your screenshots to be more artistic. Like the photo mode in TLOU Remastered.

epmode

Is the queque system broken with the current version of steam? it keeps stopping payday 2 and starting other games I have on pause

90% of my game updates don't download automatically even though they're set up to do so. They show up in my download list as "not queued" until I force the update. This has been happening to me for 3-4 months, in the beta client and the regular one. Pretty annoying.

Arthea

90% of my game updates don't download automatically even though they're set up to do so. They show up in my download list as "not queued" until I force the update. This has been happening to me for 3-4 months, in the beta client and the regular one. Pretty annoying.

It's a really old bug already, I would say more than 4 months, too lazy to search for my post that long back, don't know why it is still not fixed.

Deques

This has been happening to me too. After a while they will download eventually

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did Dying Light just get region locked?

OARIC was removed very recently (about 18 hours ago), however it's still ACRTAG-locked and has been from the off. That being said, the presently-region-free ROW sub can be had for approx. $32 (almost half price) through an Indonesian trader.

Vuze

DeadCore releases later today. Described as "Platformer-FPS blending exploration and speedrun". Looks pretty solid.

looks good, wishlisted

I also finished Ryse earlier today and eh. it was okay for the RU price I paid for it, but not outstanding in any area, not even graphics-wise imo

r3n4ud

Mail time!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Post Master -- MB-AD8D638659877063 - Taken by Sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom