• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

did you misspell Vanille?

Switch to Japanese dub. She's amazing there.

I still wonder who thought its a good idea that all dungeons are straight lines...

Someone who played less than 5 hours, I guess?
ff13_ch11_map.jpg

Someone who played less than 5 hours, I guess?

But the level designers must have seen "Oh. Shouldnt we maybe make a more "maze-like" dungeon or a round one?
"No. Lets make them all almost straight lines!"
And what you showed is the "overworld" map. Besides Pulse all the "dungeons" before that are straight lines. From the beginning to
Eden

Btw. the storepage for Oblivious Garden is online:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323490/

Knurek

With 500 gb hard drives? I doubt devs would be encouraged to do that.

Well, PS2 started with 650 CD games and ended with 8.5 GB DVD-9 games, so I don't think 100+ GB games (or rather, multimedia always connected multiplayer experiences like Destiny) in few years aren't feasible.

Btw. the storepage for Oblivious Garden is online:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323490/

"About This Game
Back to the time within human knowledge, humans once appealed to the land they stood on in reverence. The land is called Latoy.
This is a name for the respected people on the mainland since far in the ancient time. It is a time-honored name for the vast paradise carried forward by one generation after another. By showing great admiration to various gods and to the motherland, people in Latoy lived in peace for thousands of years."

Note to VN devs - if your game is pretty much 100% text, learn to not fucking use Google Translate for it. Seriously.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Aw, I was planning on buying a CoD: Ghosts RU pre-order from someone after getting clarification from Valve regarding how Steam prioritises regional restrictions when activating two related licences, but apparently he's sold it since I last checked his inventory.

Ozium

I know I'm late but Proteus has the best forests...

also notice how The Forest does, in fact, not have the best forest.

what a shame.

000003333#DD

"About This Game
Back to the time within human knowledge, humans once appealed to the land they stood on in reverence. The land is called Latoy.
This is a name for the respected people on the mainland since far in the ancient time. It is a time-honored name for the vast paradise carried forward by one generation after another. By showing great admiration to various gods and to the motherland, people in Latoy lived in peace for thousands of years."

Note to VN devs - if your game is pretty much 100% text, learn to not fucking use Google Translate for it. Seriously.

I was just about to post this. I read the description of the game and I couldn't understand shit.

abracadaver

Don't need these:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Osmos -- MB-1E4AEB7F61B0EB05 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-44A8A00C50C5CB59 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 3 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-866CE537FA3F4360 - Taken by cardinalmind. 1 entrants total.
Zenbound 2 -- MB-1416BA2C553E4A63 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Dustforce DX -- MB-28F22334BD23AEB6 - Taken by NoCryingUntilTheEnd. 1 entrants total.

t1413555676z1.png

Derp

Guys is Trine 2 worth it if i'll only end up playing solo? Because from the videos i've seen this game looks absolutely stunning. Can't believe i've never seen this before.

Downloading it now since it's free to play this weekend.

Turfster

Guys is Trine 2 worth it if i'll only end up playing solo? Because from the videos i've seen this game looks absolutely stunning. Can't believe i've never seen this before.

Installing it now since it's free to play this weekend.

Trine 2 is pretty great.
Also, Trine 1 is free to play this weekend too.

Yes. Game is pretty enjoyable and hell of a looker.

Derp

Trine 2 is pretty great.
Also, Trine 1 is free to play this weekend too.
Yeah noticed that as well. I'll try out 2 first, since it's newer and has higher scores and stuffs. If it's great i'll buy it.

The game, visually, just looks amazing so i'm hoping it can still be played solo without missing out on too much.

Edit: Otherwise i'll resort to coop with randoms (which is something i dislike... *looks at Borderlands 2*)

legacyzero

Banned
For me a big part is the setting of that game.
Not a fan of cyber dinos, aliens, and all the other stuff in turok.

I thought the setting was good too.

But OG Turok had better guns, a BETTER setting, great exploration, awesome monsters, awesome boss fights.

Newest Turok had a great setting and some decent characters, but lack of imaginative guns, a frustrating knock-down mechanic, a CHEATING ASS BOSS in the caves, and dual-wielding shotguns that was a lot like firing kittens as projectiles.

I have Trine 2 the Complete Story. The vanilla story is good. The expansion falls kinda flat.

abracadaver

Found another unused key:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-3D5B13E5DA3950C4 - Taken by nightstorm. 6 entrants total.

t1413556396z1.png

This game is really good and its sequel comes out in december

FloatOn

Is Blade Symphony worth installing? Is there a single player mode?

It's fun from what I've played. Still rough around the edges though.

If you are in the mood for dueling like bushido blade or dark souls this should satisfy. There was no single player that I noticed.

I feel like this thread can always use more impressions, and I don't offer my own very often, so here goes, in case anyone is interested.

capsule_467x181.jpg

I had played maybe an hour of Gunpoint the other day, and then decided to play it a little more last night, and ended up staying up late and completing it.

I had read pretty good things, but it exceeded my expectations. The puzzle gameplay is fun and satisfying. I felt like it provided a good challenge (after the first handful of missions, anyways) without being frustrating. And it felt like there were often multiple solutions available, especially after you unlock abilities that let you cut some corners. I played the entire game without firing a bullet until the last level (I didn't even buy the gun until then), but can imagine that some other players unlocked it as early as possible and cleared some levels with heavy use of firearms.

Most levels have optional objectives in the form of laptops you can hack to get more details about the plot, which is actually not bad at all. The tone of the game manages to make the plot interesting, while also allowing for a surprising deal of effective humor, as well as presenting the player with tough and interesting decisions.

TLDR: Gunpoint is awesome and you should play it.

Grief.exe

They deserve it. Those dudes hustle and support a fuckload of platforms. I have always felt they treated me as a fan of the series quite well too.

With the PC community, If you cut corners on the front end you aren't going to get as many sales on the backend.
Spend more time and release a quality product and the word of mouth will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom