• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I also finished Ryse earlier today and eh. it was okay for the RU price I paid for it, but not outstanding in any area, not even graphics-wise imo
Really? I thought some of the areas were some of the prettiest I've ever seen in a game. The night forest was a real highlight.

Vuze

Really? I thought some of the areas were some of the prettiest I've ever seen in a game. The night forest was a real highlight.
Mhh, I dunno. It had some pretty moments but overall it didn't look extremly outstanding imo. Probably just the general style that didn't really cater to me. Will see if there is a freecam command out there so I can revisit the areas

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of forests, I hope Ori and the Blind Forest gets a firm release date soon. December would be ideal (for me, that is... and I suppose November has its fair share of "AAA" games).

Sendou

I think the prettiest forest I have seen is in Alan Wake. Not sure why exactly. Maybe it was closest to what I think of when I hear the word "forest"?

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter unequivocally has the best forests and if you disagree you haven't played the game so shame on you :p

Outcast had the best forest ever when compared to its contemporary competition.

Welp derExperte bringing out the big guns. I remember being blown away by the forests in Outcast. I also remember it ran at 5fps or so :p

derExperte

Outcast had the best forest ever when compared to its contemporary competition.

forest.jpg

outcast0049.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Rhaknar wouldn't have posted that freaky spider shit earlier :|

Well, Groupees Shiny Loot 8 Bundle just launched. It's a Build-Your-Own-Bundle format, with each game costing $0.50. Minimum 2 games.

That loot isn't shiny :(

XSEED pls.
Bring this to Steam
UWTJ2EL.png

Well, it sounds promising just based on how bad the name is, might be one of those so bad it's good kind of games. Always room for more dinosaur games on Ste-

There are no actual dinosaurs in this game, the main villain's name is just Dinosaur.It plays like Wizardry.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
jokes about COD games quality aside... Ghosts is 38gigs, whut? o_O

Turfster

Man in a maze:deathmatch keys added to various bundles (Groupees BAGB4 for ex) and it also has playfire rewards

Indiegala Wartime Bundle
Price: 4$
  • Faces of War
  • Men of War
  • Men of War Assault Squad + DLC
  • Men of War Red Tide
  • Theatre of War 2 Afrika 1943
  • Theatre of War 2 Centauro

Jawmuncher

XSEED pls.
Bring this to Steam
UWTJ2EL.png

Disclaimer: There are no actual dinosaurs in this game, the main villain's name is just Dinosaur.
It plays like Wizardry.

WHAT BULLSHIT IS THIS

That's just as bad as the movie Tyrannosaur.

Content from either withstanding.
Dinosaur stuff is scarce so why tease me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does anyone know a site that adds up all my Steam playtime, I'd like to get an idea of how much time I've spent playing versus how long I've been on Steam.

even if you dont idle for cards, the time played thing on steam has always been wonky, at least for some games. it wouldnt be acurate

Welcome to next gen game sizes

but Ghosts was last gen? :(

Mokoi

Banned
I would buy a Battlefield game if they added dinosaurs, but nope they went with cops versus robbers instead. Also just found out that there is a battlefield game on the steam store.

Jawmuncher

I would buy a Battlefield game if they added dinosaurs, but nope they went with cops versus robbers instead.

Both Battlefield and Far Cry are two current franchises perfect for just plopping some dinos in. But nope that would be too cool. In the case of BF I can understand it would never be it's own mode. FC has no excuse though. Especially after Blood Dragon which had the basic premise there.

Turok, man.

Propaganda's Turok > Acclaims Turok

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
And they're just gonna get bigger...
I like having a lot of games installed on my PC but these next gen titles are gonna make that hard. Good thing 1-2TB HDDs are fairly cheap.
I don't see them getting too much larger than 50gb and a lot will fall in the 25gb range still. Devs are limited by bluray sizes.

The only way to push past that is season passes that come with actual new assets (Battlefield 4 and Titanfall are two examples of this).

Rhaknar

we wont be having a heavy day on Steam anytime soon, if ever are we? :(

Knurek

I don't see them getting too much larger than 50gb and a lot will fall in the 25gb range still. Devs are limited by bluray sizes.

Aren't there mandatory installs on both curgen consoles? You can always have a Install and Play BDs, resulting in ~100GB of data (or more if you factor that Install can be compressed).

Rhaknar

I'm digging FF13 now that I've gotten past the 'A to Awesome' sections, but holy shit. Hope might be the worst character ever.

did you misspell Vanille?

edit: or whatever the teenage girl was called

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom