• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

Got my key finally. One note: Keep that popup after you click this:
UA07Cy4.png
open, it lags a bit, just wait for some text to show (a button will show), then confirm, wait for another pop up, confirm it, and wait again to get the key.

This Korean site is giving away Steam keys for Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic.

Instructions are here in the reddit thread where I saw it.

edit: For the record it took me awhile. Using google photo translate on my phone revealed the really bizarre usernames I was coming up with were listed as taken somehow. I finally got one though.

Thank you! I got one ... not before cancelling the order on another account because I didn't bother translating a button though ^^.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Wasteland 1 -- MB-A70E86BEBD706127 - Taken by crazyrabbits
If you can't register to the site

Thank you, anon!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No that's the reason why I said it wasn't worth getting in the first place.
I have been messing with it this whole time with no luck.

Same here. No longer worth the +1.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Btw. the storepage for Oblivious Garden is online:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323490/

That looks kind of okay. However-

"About This Game
Back to the time within human knowledge, humans once appealed to the land they stood on in reverence. The land is called Latoy.
This is a name for the respected people on the mainland since far in the ancient time. It is a time-honored name for the vast paradise carried forward by one generation after another. By showing great admiration to various gods and to the motherland, people in Latoy lived in peace for thousands of years."

Note to VN devs - if your game is pretty much 100% text, learn to not fucking use Google Translate for it. Seriously.

This. Or at the very least adapt your Google translation so that it doesn't sound awful/silly.

Shadownet

Banned
So I know that AC games on Steam does not have any achievements whatsoever.

If I buy a Uplay code for AC:Unity if I link it to Steam. Will there be any differences, Will Steam overlay and snapshot still work? Between a Uplay code link to Steam and a code actually bought from Steam?

It was naive of me to think that I could finish Assassin's Creed III and play Black Flag and maybe even Liberation before Unity hits. I'm definitely done with this fucking series and pretty much any open-world Ubisoft game. Truly some of the worst controls and mission design I have ever experienced in an AAA game. I might finish ACIII to get closure but I have finally grown tired of the formula. sorry, JaseC

Grief.exe

If nothing chances as how the current situation is, yes.

My Activision PR person told me that the PS4 code ain't valid until release, but I activated it with no problems.

Let us know how it is as quickly as possible!

I think I just convinced myself of becoming a proper pc gamer and owning a wii u.

I made a list of the exclusives that are out and what is announced to come out. shit just got real.

(not to mention all the stuff I missed by not owning a wii)

Have you built your new PC yet?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I know that AC games on Steam does not have any achievements whatsoever.

If I buy a Uplay code for AC:Unity if I link it to Steam. Will there be any differences, Will Steam overlay and snapshot still work? Between a Uplay code link to Steam and a code actually bought from Steam?

From what I've read, the Steam overlay stopped working with non-Steam Uplay games with the 3.0 update last year. Uplay does have its own screenshot function, though.

Annubis

From what I've read, the Steam overlay stopped working with non-Steam Uplay games with the 3.0 update last year. Uplay does have its own screenshot function, though.

There's always good ole "print screen" key.
or Impr écran in my case ;)

dex3108

I played AC IV, Watch Dogs and AC IV Freedom Cry with Steam overlay without issues. I am using Steam SS feature because i can take uncompressed Screenshots.

Shadownet

Banned
Gamersgate just sent me a 20% off coupon that can be use for Unity. Really tempted to get the Gold Edition for $71 instead of $90. But I'm so weird. I feel like Uplay code is such a deal breaker D:

Dr Dogg

Fingers crossed Unity ends up being a Nvidia bundled game so if it turns out to not require a beastly PC I might pick up a cheap key and grab the Steamy version at a later date (like when ever it becomes available in the UK *grrrrrrrr*).

Zeknurn

It was naive of me to think that I could finish Assassin's Creed III and play Black Flag and maybe even Liberation before Unity hits. I'm definitely done with this fucking series and pretty much any open-world Ubisoft game. Truly some of the worst controls and mission design I have ever experienced in an AAA game. I might finish ACIII to get closure but I have finally grown tired of the formula. sorry, JaseC

I guess I shouldn't tell that I just 100% AC3 and I'm working on the dlc now. I was tired of it after I finished Revelations when that came out but now I'm back on board better than ever and I can't wait to grab Black Flag in a sale.

madjoki

I feel like Uplay code is such a deal breaker D:

For me uplay is dealbreaker
Unless significantly cheaper
Uplay tends to halt internet to grind and or have very high CPU use if you use bandwidth limitng. Also still uses separate installers so you need to download again after Windows reinstalls. :(

L.O.R.D

question about Eliza DLC in skullgirl
its free for now , i grabbed the DLC
so, when the offer is ended , i can't use her anymore ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
question about Eliza DLC in skullgirl
its free for now , i grabbed the DLC
so, when the offer is ended , i can't use her anymore ?

It's free to keep. The only people who'll lose out are those who don't grab it before the period is over.

dex3108

Gamersgate just sent me a 20% off coupon that can be use for Unity. Really tempted to get the Gold Edition for $71 instead of $90. But I'm so weird. I feel like Uplay code is such a deal breaker D:

Nah it is ok i have all AC games on UPlay only and after they implemented new system for patches it is fine. I am always for cheaper solution :D Cheaper game = i can buy more games :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you are as weird as 95% of the people in this thread that also dont get uplay versions because the only want steam versions. So either we are all weird, or you are, in fact, not

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Wasteland 1 -- MB-811A815AF6EA5E58 - Taken by Annubis. 14 entrants total.
Wasteland 1 #3 -- MB-8D7FA29B18B34D83 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 10 entrants total.
Wasteland 1 #2 -- MB-9EEE8CFD7298014C - Taken by Jawmuncher. 15 entrants total.

t1413567197z1.png

Dr Dogg

Hmm well out of a sense of morbid curiosity after checking both the player counts for Alien Isolation and The Evil Within, I though why not see how Borderlans The Pre-sequel is faring. I mean it's not set GAF alight so must be a pretty low turn ou...

http://steamcharts.com/app/261640

Well I didn't expect that!

Zafir

Does Origin India still not have it for fairly cheap?

I grabbed it for £27(45 dollarsish?) from it not long back. Don't think you'd be able to find Assassins Creed Unity Gold Edition any cheaper than that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hmm well out of a sense of morbid curiosity after checking both the player counts for Alien Isolation and The Evil Within, I though why not see how Borderlans The Pre-sequel is faring. I mean it's not set GAF alight so must be a pretty low turn ou...

http://steamcharts.com/app/261640

Well I didn't expect that!
Proof that Gaf is a poor sample group for the mass market. Those are solid numbers, I bet 2K will be quite pleased with the performance of the game on PC.

Dr Dogg

didnt BL2 have like 110K peak though?

And about 4 or 5 free weekends. Can't really compare the two to be fair but by just going from the buzz or lack there of it about this game to have 55,000+ already just boggles my mind. Shows what I know about the mainstream audience :p

Proof that Gaf is a poor sample group for the mass market. Those are solid numbers, I bet 2K will be quite pleased with the performance of the game on PC.

Pretty much. I know it's been bundled with pretty much every Nvidia card being sold but for a franchise that some love to hate that's an awful lot of haters playing. If 2 is anything to go by performance should be spot on (well that weird frame delivery quirk aside).

Hatoful 4€, Olliolli 5,49€, SW 8€.

I want OlliOlli in a bad way... I've had my eye on Shadow Warrior for a while... and I'm dying for Gods Will Be Watching on a fundamental level, despite the fact that I could try the demo out but I never remember to until I'm at work...

And then there's the flashback of the .gif to wait for the dailies. We can go lower. It's getting close now. And my backlog is a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom