• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
She feels bad for inadvertently crippling me some weeks ago. If I weren't watching Hannibal, I wouldn't have awkwardly reached for my phone!
I marathoned through Hannibal. So good.
Although, it's fanboys/girls are just as creepy as the show.

Miguel81

I tried to play Alien Isolation with a controller, but FP games no longer feel "right" with a pad. I've been spoiled. First frames per second, and now this. Thanks PC.

zkylon

zkylewd
She feels bad for inadvertently crippling me some weeks ago. If I weren't watching Hannibal, I wouldn't have awkwardly reached for my phone!
i'm gonna wake up one day and remember what i did to hurt you so baby

I marathoned through Hannibal. So good.
Although, it's fanboys/girls are just as creepy as the show.
mads mikkelsen is a god

i want to stare at him forever

didn't care much for the show, gore was fun i guess

zkylon being nazi on Jawmuncherc and forcing him to play fpses and with a controller?
what's this even mean

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
like I said - it's a repeat for all the people who haven't seen my post yesterday ;) and I was too lazy to come up with a new post :p hehe

but yeah - it's definitely worth reading through those discussions - it's just waaaay too funny to miss out on :p

Yeah was not trying to call you out, was just wanting to point out how you messed me up a sec there. I seriously read it like 4x and thought "shit I swear I read this?"

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
More like just quiet most of the time.

Yo on topic. We need a Teen Titans game!

Teen%20Titans.jpg

It was okay.

Turfster

The first bank mission with the right team.

If someone can delay the police alarm, it's possible to run in and run out with loot before the police even show up.

What's "the first" bank mission and how do you get there, so I can link it to our game host, because this shit is insane and takes forever.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What's "the first" bank mission and how do you get there, so I can link it to our game host, because this shit is insane and takes forever.

Jewelry Store, babby's first heist.

^ That one. It's really easy normally (easiest in the game), but if you have the right team it's even easier as you can literally all grab a jewelry bag and get out of there before the van leaves and the police show up.

So uh, Payday 2 guys, is there like, an easier mission than Firestarter?

If you're talking the ones with the big payouts it's the easiest along with Rats. If you're talking about every mission : Four Stores, Night Club, every bank mission, Jewelry Store, Ukrainian Job, Diamond Store.
DLCs not included since I've never played them.
Hardest mission in the game unless they balanced it is Transport Heist Crossroads.

Dr Dogg

Depends on the game but if it involves aiming at stuff a mouse is always my preferred option. Then again using a Wacom Intuos 4 to play RTS games is just a whole other world of spectacular. But I've been back in filthy console land the better half of the afternoon going through the annual MGS3 playthrough (for the umpteenth time) so I don't begrudge the controler only of you but it's nice to have options.

I totally forgot
Iw7bo9y.png

Happy belated Steam B'day! They grow up so fast.

Tellaerin

More like just quiet most of the time.

Yo on topic. We need a Teen Titans game!

If we're making a DC wishlist here, I'd really like to see a Power Girl game. Give me something that captures the feel of Palmiotti and Conner's run on the PG book in videogame form and I'd be ecstatic.

I suspect they'll just keep on releasing Batman games, though. :p

Shadownet

Banned
Teen%20Titans.jpg

It was okay.
Yeah I played that as well, and you're right. Still it was fun for me seeing my favorite characters on screen and being controllable.

Btw, Teen Titans > Teen Titans GO!
I do have to say though that I saw a couple of episodes of Teen Titans GO! and it wasn't that bad. Sure the show is aimed toward kids more than the old show did. Where the theme were a bit darker. Teen Titans GO! still got a couple of laughs out of me. If you're the type of person that like shows like Chowder or Flapjack, I think you should give Teen Titans GO! a try. Otherwise stay away.

Funny though that one of the episodes I saw had a dream sequence where they used the old show animation style and for a second when I turned on the TV, I thought the old show was being aired on Cartoon Network again. But nope :(

I still can't believe Teen Titans and Young Justice ended like that. R.I.P.

I think its perfectly fine for people to use a controller for FPS, because think about it. in FPS, like let say singleplayer mode. Its fine to use a controller since you're not competing against anyone. But if you try doing that in let say CoD or CSGO, you will get destroyed cause controller just can't perform as well as KB+M. But let say if everyone was playing CSGO using a controller then that would be fine cause then no one would have an advantage.

I play a lot of games using a controller, right now it's Sleeping Dogs and The Evil Within. There is just something better about a controller when you're feeling lazy and don't wanna sit upright to use your KB+M. I can just lean back in my chair and play on my controller.

Edit: Does anyone wanna share a Chivalry:Medieval Warfare 4 Pack with me? :) - (Iosefe is in, just need 2 more!)

Omega

Banned
don't know where else to post this and don't want to create a thread

is there a third party software for mouse/keyboard? I got this Corsair M65 RGB mouse, i love it. feels comfortable, the programmable buttons are in comfortable places.

The Corsair software is the absolute biggest piece of shit ever. It's constantly crashing midgame and it makes CS nearly impossible to play because of the way I have my binds set up.

Miguel81

don't know where else to post this and don't want to create a thread

is there a third party software for mouse/keyboard? I got this Corsair M65 RGB mouse, i love it. feels comfortable, the programmable buttons are in comfortable places.

The Corsair software is the absolute biggest piece of shit ever. It's constantly crashing midgame and it makes CS nearly impossible to play because of the way I have my binds set up.

Are you looking for something like this. X-Mouse

Grief.exe

Haha, it was 99% luck and... well... a further 1% luck. I've always been quick to bemoan fate's cruel twists, but in this instance, fate was on my side for a change. Textonly is the only other person I'm aware of who was quick/fortunate enough to snag the game.

If only you had been able to grab a gift copy as well.

chronomac

In case you couldn't get it through GMG:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-453B7458655C3987 - Taken by KingDirk. 5 entrants total.

t1413678262z1.png
Enjoy.

What's the line on the new 970 and 980s?

Best manufacturer?
980 vs 970 (with potentially another down the line in SLI)?

I've gotten the urge to upgrade and then try to sell my 770...
Is nVidia giving free games with new card purchases at the moment?

Shadownet

Banned
Do you guys recommend Alice Madness Return and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands? Some guy on dispenser is selling them for pretty cheap.

Teppic

How does the 7 day market restriction for new credit cards work? Can I put up cards for sale in the community market? Can I buy things with my wallet balance?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
... full of spiders ;)

But not before informing cyclone to the contrary. ;)

What's the line on the new 970 and 980s?

Best manufacturer?
980 vs 970 (with potentially another down the line in SLI)?

ASUS/MSI/Gigabyte. Flip a three-sided coin.

Restricted in what way?

Stage 1: No store purchases/CD key activations/gifting and trading privileges (including gift activations)
Stage 2: The above plus no Steam Community access at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom