• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today is my Birthday! yay...
;_;
Let me celebrate it by giving away some nice games as a big thank you for being great!
Sorry for not giving some crazy new AAA games =(

Ultra Street Fighter IV is my GFWL key, some people said that if I give my key it should give another copy, but I'm not sure, just saying...
Happy birthday!

Should I buy a new mobile phone (currently have Ace), or spend ~£200-£300 more and buy a gaming pc?

Oh ye...all this money comes out of my food budget lols.
I'd go for building a PC but that's because I use my PC a lot more than my phone, which still works well for browsing the internet and sending messages. I don't know how it fares with phone calls because I can't remember the last time I used it to make one :p

JustLynx

Happy birthday!

Happy Cake-Day !
No it is not a lie

Happy birthday! :D Be sure to do something you'll enjoy to celebrate!

thank you all!
well i'm eating a cake, what more can i ask :]

I think I just found the one thing I hate more than Uplay. GFWL. So far Bulletstorm look like a cheap knockoff of Gears of War.

I meant characters design department.

I didn't feel it's a knockoff at all
just play it, i think you'll enjoy it very much, there are some hilarious texts and sweet views ahead

Jadax

I think I just found the one thing I hate more than Uplay. GFWL. So far Bulletstorm look like a cheap knockoff of Gears of War.

I meant characters design department.

You can't compare it to GoW...Gears 1 & 2 was epic, one of the best games I've ever played. Awesome story and game mechanics.

Bulletstorm is a lot more silly, a lot more fun. I didn't enjoy the story very much but with all the hilarious side-stuff to do I barely cared. It's just something you should enjoy if you're not looking to get a GOTY out of it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I already got like $200 backed up for Autumn and Winter sale.

Me too but I'm fully prepared to just spend 20€.
Cause I already own everything.

Basically this
bLfrUqE.jpg

Shadownet

Banned
You can't compare it to GoW...Gears 1 & 2 was epic, one of the best games I've ever played. Awesome story and game mechanics.

Bulletstorm is a lot more silly, a lot more fun. I didn't enjoy the story very much but with all the hilarious side-stuff to do I barely cared. It's just something you should enjoy if you're not looking to get a GOTY out of it.

Of course I'm not saying that I expected to be GoW level. GoW2 was one of my favorite 360 games.

Anyway, the plot is been there done that. I don't have a problem with that. Just some of the things the characters say and do in the game make you scratch your head. Like "why?"

The humor is funny if you enjoy the crude, grade school all out sexual kind of humor. I can definitely see why it might bother some people though.

My last complain is what is up with Gray's face? In the main menu his face look pretty good and then in the cutcenes it just look off for some reason. Like bad animation or something. Ishi look alright and so are the rest of the crew. Gray just look "off".

Oh I guess I forgot one. I hope I get a new gun soon. Cause the one you start with doesn't feel satisfying to shoot with at all. The orange ironsight is annoying. But I gotta say the Leash is pretty fun to use, so are sliding kicks.

Oh and running is pretty bad. You can't turn as well when you run. So you kinda have to run, stop running to turn a sharp corner, run again. I think I have the same complain about this in another game.. I can't remember what though.

The world does look pretty for an older game.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm going to say something crazy...

I might not buy anything in the next sale, and will try to clear my backlog first :O

I'm only planning on buying games from my wishlist if they go extremely on sale, like down below $2.49 or something, then I'll pick it up. My backlog is too large too, and I really don't need more games to play right now. But, if they are cheap enough and I do intend to play it eventually, then yeah I'll buy it because I'm weak and I can afford to do it. A problematic combination....

Anyone also has problems starting FF13 after the new Windows Updates?

Just let the new Windows Updates install, rebooted the PC, now I get some error when I start FF13:
"errorcode: 51"

Deleted the clientregistry.blob and checked the files for errors, but still cant start it.

Edit: Okay. Rebooted my PC again and now it works. Strange.

zkylon

zkylewd
watching leageu world finals was pretty fun

hope next year it isnt in korea so i don't have to stay up all night

also today i learned im really bad at catching stuff thrown from second story buildings and that i should never do it with bottles in my hand or else grisly stuff can happen

you guys thtat are into dota should really hang out with friends and watch international together

lots of un

Took me a minute to remember how to do this. I need sleep.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuzzification, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dreamfall: Chapters -- MB-31397DBA69A7E33B - Taken by Ruruja. 59 entrants total.

Fuzzi's note: ModBot will probably autorepost this as Dreamfall: The Longest Journey by mistake.

t1413733944z1.png

I made an unarmed fighter (basically choose the skill and trait).

Can I have anything in my offhand? Like a shield/compass/torch?

I have played only couple of floors, but for what I recall you can carry a torch in one hand or a shield and a weapon in the other hand, unless it's a two-handed weapon.

didamangi

Just bought Speedrunners and Timeshift for 1 key each.
In preparation of the russian invasion here in Sweden.

Ooh, thanks for the reminder for TImeshift. 2 TOD seems a good price.

So, found this site while browsing the Gun steam forums. It's a nice collection of widescreen fixes for old games. Pretty nice.

Sarcasm

I think is VERY bad, and they probably will release DLCs to "fix" that (or simply Alien Isolation 2 is already planned).

There's no point in an ending like this, because if you saw Aliens, you know Amanda will survive.

They did imply she was alive at end..when the light went over her helmet..did you watch the entire thing?

hohoXD123

Just want to say that Idle Master is great. Jshackles and stumpy, you guys are awesome.

I am now ready for the Halloween sale. Come at me Gabe.

Hugstable

Banned
I already got like $200 backed up for Autumn and Winter sale.

haha yeah I've been saving up a bit for the Winter Sale also, probably saved more than I should have since I got quite a bit of what I wanted during the summer sale, but I'm sure there is gonna be some things popping up that I really wanna get.

Corpekata

Banned
I couldn't access Gamersgate's site for most of last week in the US. Had to VPN to get my keys for games I had preordered. So yeah something may be up with their site in general. Works now at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom