• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Don't worry; Dreamfall's not very good. :)
Pxa0z7B.gif

I would like to amend my previous statement.

The Longest Journey is excellent.

Dreamfall is a much less satisfying puzzle experience. It's half shitty stealth/combat, and half walking simulator.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished Assassin's Creed 3 but I don't remember this in the game. Did I miss it, or was it just not there?
L7h2hMZ.jpg

That was in Liberation, maybe they recycled some things.

Also, I believe that the canoe was originally supposed to be in the game, but ended up being cut content. I'm surprised that Ubi kept that for Asscreed III's store page, since it's more or less a misleading promotional shot.

Actually, wait, Ubi and the phrase "misleading promotional shot" basically go hand in hand.

So today is my Birthday! yay...

Happy birthday!

dreamfall

Dreamfall is a much less satisfying puzzle experience. It's half shitty stealth/combat, and half walking simulator.

I loved them both. The writing in Dreamfall was rad, and it was amazing to see how people and places from the first game changed entirely in ten years. I've been replaying it for the release on Tuesday, and the art direction is still utterly fabulous!

Yeah, the combat is weak. There's a lot of meandering, but it's so peaceful. lovelovelove the game with all my heart!

TLJ will always be on another level, though even playing through that last year, some of the puzzle mechanics were wildly obtuse. It's the writing that feels paramount in both titles for me, this is my most anticipated game in forever!

Teppic

I agree with this. I also don't think the characters or story is as good as TLJ. Still I enjoyed parts of Dreamfall and I'm looking forward to Dreamfall Chapters.

The Longest Journey has terrible, bullshit adventure game puzzles and Dreamfall has terrible combat. Neither is perfect but both are worth playing for the writing and gorgeous worlds, although I haven't played either for a while so that might not still be the case. Have chapters pre-ordered so I should try to replay the first two real quickly, lol. Need to get the steam versions.

Durante

The Longest Journey suffers from the P&C adventure terrible puzzle syndrome. Dreamfall suffers from bad combat sections.

The latter take up far less time than the former though, and both games aren't something you play for those elements. So Dreamfall wins.

The Longest Journey suffers from the P&C adventure terrible puzzle syndrome. Dreamfall suffers from bad combat sections.

The latter take up far less time than the former though, and both games aren't something you play for those elements. So Dreamfall wins.

I played TLJ for the puzzles... :(

If I've learned anything this past month, never listen to friends.

RealityExist's friend built him a terrible computer, and your friend gave you bad advice.

You have to kill a certain golem in Seath's library To access the item required to begin the DLC. That area is locked behind the Lord vessel.

Made the same mistake. It won't take you anywhere near 20 hours to get to the DLC though, things will progress much faster the second time around. The DLC is easily the best part of the game imo, would be a shame to miss out on it.

Damn, super tempted to use a trainer just to blitz to the dlc. I was trying really hard to not use a guide and it bit me in the ass : /

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Shame to see Platinum stoop so low, but even the greatest of companies make mistakes.

If you're talking about having to use Activision as a publisher, it was either having Acti as the publisher or not getting the game at all. So I'm more than happy to fill Acti's bank account when the time comes.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey Valve, can I get a badge for clicking through over 2000 games in my discovery queue? Thanks.

Valve even got rid of the Greenlight vote counter so there's no way you'll be getting a badge for clicking through the discovery queue. Boycott Valve. I'm going Desura exclusive!

Lain

Easy fix.
Play with the controller.

Real Fix
Probably need to disable the controller fully from device manager.

You give that game as many chances as it needs! Once you get past the crappy PC controls and somewhat bad combat mechanics it's a fun fun game!

As for your issue, I don't remember getting controller prompts (maybe in the cutscenes), you did unplug the controller right?

The last time I played a FPS with a controller was Killzone 2 on PS3 and before that it was Resistance. I said never again.

I had to stop the SCP service since just unplugging the controller wasn't working.

Anteater

welp finished the desert area in darksiders, probably the lowest point of the game so far, nothing really interesting about it, but not too bad, onto the next area!

update: looks like the next area is right up zkylon's alley!

Turfster

Valve even got rid of the Greenlight vote counter so there's no way you'll be getting a badge for clicking through the discovery queue. Boycott Valve. I'm going Desura exclusive!

The "best" thing is that it offers you demos separately.
And by best, I mean "seriously, Valve?"

It's still there on the Greenlight landing page. You are logged in, right? ;)

Maybe he broke the counter, or it just goes "why are you checking? You voted on everything!"

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
My current list of games I'm backed up on is absurd, but I've narrowed it down to a few options to spend the day on.

Darkness 2
Devil May Cry 4
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition
Hatoful Boyfriend
Killer is Dead
Skyrim
Skullgirls
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

What say the thread?

My current list of games I'm backed up on is absurd, but I've narrowed it down to a few options to spend the day on.

Darkness 2
Devil May Cry 4
Hatoful Boyfriend
Killer is Dead
Skyrim
Skullgirls

What say the thread?

Everyone's gonna tell you Hatoful Boyfriend. But seriously man, Skyrim.

hohoXD123

Darkness 2
Devil May Cry 4
Hatoful Boyfriend
Killer is Dead
Skyrim
Skullgirls

What say the thread?

DMC4. Aside from the forgetful protagonist, it's very solid.

Sendou

Darkness 2
Devil May Cry 4
Hatoful Boyfriend
Killer is Dead
Skyrim
Skullgirls

What say the thread?

Guacamelee is good fun. Solid game all the way through with excellent presentation. Killer is Dead on the other hand I didn't find enjoyable.

Grief.exe

Darkness 2
Devil May Cry 4
Hatoful Boyfriend
Killer is Dead
Skyrim
Skullgirls

What say the thread?

That's an extremely varied list. I would say Devil May Cry 4 is the best overall game.

Skyrim is a massive time sink, and I am not a fan of the game design.

SteamGAF loves Guac, Transformers, and Killer is Dead.

Tecl0n

Darkness 2
Devil May Cry 4
Hatoful Boyfriend
Killer is Dead
Skyrim
Skullgirls

What say the thread?

Spend the entire day modding Skyrim, only to realize the game crashes every 3min. It is the one true way.

Transformers is all kinds of awesome. I am not biased.

Nabs

Darkness 2
Devil May Cry 4
Hatoful Boyfriend
Killer is Dead
Skyrim
Skullgirls

What say the thread?

Guac is a good afternoon killer. It's not that long a game, and upgrades are thrown at you at a good pace.

dani_dc

Real boycotters use Capsule to support GMG, PC gaming's true savior.

Real boyboctterse stick with physical releases.

Darkness 2
Devil May Cry 4
Hatoful Boyfriend
Killer is Dead
Skyrim
Skullgirls

What say the thread?

Guacamelee is a pretty good expereinc, and I'd do a few runs of Hatoful boyfriend, should take an hour tops to get any ending.

Everyone's gonna tell you Hatoful Boyfriend. But seriously man, Skyrim.

He could probably beat all of the other games in the time it'd take him to beat Skyrim alone.

Darkness 2
Devil May Cry 4
Hatoful Boyfriend
Killer is Dead
Skyrim
Skullgirls

What say the thread?

darkness 2 is a fun FPS , you can probably beat the game today so thats a good option , guacamelee is fun too

Anteater

Darkness 2
Devil May Cry 4
Hatoful Boyfriend
Killer is Dead
Skyrim
Skullgirls

What say the thread?

Most of those games are from different genre, so it depends on what you're in the mood for.

DMC4 is solid but like other dmc games it has a learning curve and a lot of depth with its combat system, and I would say the main campaign is weak compared to modern action games, but if you've played other action games you can't go wrong with this.

Guacamelee is a sidescroller and it's accessible and fun to play, great platforming sections and pretty cool combat, it's fun, short and sweet.

Killer is dead is a really cool hack and slash game, not really a lot of depth but it has style and the combat is competent enough, I enjoyed it, visually it's great.

All 3 of those are decent.

Skyrim is a long game and if I were to play it on PC I'd probably spend more time modding that shit than actually playing it, either way I think it's a good game for exploration and probably a great way to spend the weekend, even for those that dislike it don't find out until many hours later :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom