• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

Played the recently released first expansion of Sunrider. Still the same game, with more story.
Ran in some bugs that could be mostly resolved with the steam file check thingy.
Love the tactical and upgrade element of the gameplay. But there are just too few battles alltogether to really appreciate it.

Jawmuncher

I'm seriously contemplating playing dark souls 2 on ps3.
Already have the copy just sitting there and I would like to play it sooner rather than later.
Though I suppose I could try and hold out until winter sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just tried my gmg key and it worked.

WyMmfCe.png

Huh. Maybe Kiss changed its mind or the blacklisting applied to keys that hadn't been sold.

hohoXD123

Already have the copy just sitting there and I would like to play it sooner rather than later.

There's a chance that it'll turn up in the Halloween sale...right?

ViviOggi

PS3 version is seriously awful, so glad I was able to sell that shit for almost full price. You held out over half a year, you'll survive for one or two more months
wink.gif

xeris

I've added 252 games to my Steam account this year. I'm currently at 1161. I think I've ended up buying more games because I've been low on money all year, so I've paid more attention to bundles.

I was at something like 7 games before last winter sale. Currently at 337. I discovered the wonder of bundles this year. Oh and next May will be my 7th steamaversarry. That means I averaged just over a game a year until last December.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of JustLynx, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ARMA Tactics -- MB-E82E503951DAD7AF - Taken by darkchewie. 8 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-0CB076DFEE2CD3EF - Taken by agniswarm. 6 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-8B5D97558DCBFD64 - Taken by autoduelist. 10 entrants total.
Goat Simulator -- MB-CB3DB1AB21E179F0 - Taken by hohoXD123. 54 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Ultra Street Fighter IV -- MB-DBBA901D284859CE - Taken by Mavromatis. 49 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-5568EF64EBDAC473 - Taken by chronomac. 11 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-F6BEFAC72644E097 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
Skyrim -- MB-8B0330FD4B846D6E - Taken by kudoboi. 25 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-581522F133090D09 - Taken by Rudakus. 6 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-2F6E27834D440F01 - Taken by Majukun. 8 entrants total.

t1413786743z1.png

tmarg

After seeing Painkiller on Giantbomb's Unprofessional Friday, I'll definitely pick it up next Steam sale.

December, come quick. :(

Assuming you're talking about black, I doubt you'll have to wait that long. It's on sale and in bundles all the time.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm having the same issue. Stupid Valve. :/

I can't tolerate it anymore, I've filed a support ticket with Valve. This urgent error MUST be fixed and it MUST be fixed now. If they don't fix it, I'll start a White House "We, the People" petition. I will not be silent.

dani_dc

I can't tolerate it anymore, I've filed a support ticket with Valve. This urgent error MUST be fixed and it MUST be fixed now. If they don't fix it, I'll start a White House "We, the People" petition. I will not be silent.

Canadians can't start White House petitions.

Man, back in the day I used to buy every single indie bundle in case any of its games was part of a Steam Sale achievement hunt… Then obviously Valve stopped doing them :'(

That feel when your "trash" category is the biggest one...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Canadians can't start White House petitions.

The Boston Tea Party started over "No taxation without representation". I pay US taxes, I deserve to have a Greenlight banner. I don't remember what started World War 2 but it couldn't possibly have been more important than what's going on right now.

Yeah, spin had a spare key and following the game's removal from GMG and the like he e-mailed Kiss to ask if it'd still work.

This isn't entirely accurate. Someone who wanted to trade the game with me refused to do so after delaying a couple of days. The reason he gave was that he had emailed Kiss and they had supposedly told him that all keys had been invalidated. Dunno if he was full of shit or the wires got crossed somewhere. Keys apparently do work, as expected.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This isn't entirely accurate. Someone who wanted to trade the game with me refused to do so. The reason he gave was that he had emailed Kiss and they had supposedly told him that all keys had been invalidated. Dunno if he was full of shit or the wires got crossed somewhere. Keys apparently do work, as expected.

Ah, right. I was close! ;)

The Boston Tea Party started over "No taxation without representation". I pay US taxes, I deserve to have a Greenlight banner. I don't remember what started World War 2 but it couldn't possibly have been more important than what's going on right now.

Maybe you should throw some Steam keys over the harbor to teach Valve a lesson.
Also, checking the greenlight page there seems to be 431 released games; which means tons of shit pushed to Steam by greenlight voters.
Now I don't want to give names but I think we know some people responsible with those votes.

Sendou

Jesus I spent $734 on Steam already D: Probably a lot more if you count buying from Russian too.

I sometimes think I spend too much on Steam but then I realize Steam is basically all my gaming purchases (plus between 4 and 10 Nintendo games per year) so it's not too bad considering that.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yaboosh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-682CE0A56994E269 - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.

PixelJunk Eden -- MB-F4924F2D2237BB36 - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-DE74A7B626F22351 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-A74621EFFC92E7D7 - Taken by Maniac. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-56E4FE07EC1C2945 - Taken by Shari. 2 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-017DDC20D05DD518 - Taken by Berlok. 1 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-FECCED85EB49DB53 - Taken by Rudakus. 3 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-342312BC2B5C9C4C - Taken by animlboogy. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-9C0FD4A0DB9CE72A - Taken by MillionStabs. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-2F052B396CB72026 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 4 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-11E617D1D40AE37D - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-92FD540672608BF2 - Taken by Bubbavelli. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-344126A8143BE643 - Taken by salazar547. 3 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-3D048CDA5AD2D83D - Taken by Phawx. 2 entrants total.

t1413757648z1.png

These are all redeem links to Humble Bundle. I don't know exactly how those work, but there you go. I had a bunch left over, hope somebody can put them to use.

Shadownet

Banned
I sometimes think I spend too much on Steam but then I realize Steam is basically all my gaming purchases (plus between 4 and 10 Nintendo games per year) so it's not too bad considering that.

Yeah considering I haven't made a purchase for my PS4 since Infamous Second Son, and $200 of those was from a long long time ago when I used to play Warframe.

Ruruja

I don't mind the money I spend on Steam because I remember how much I spent on $50 and $60 game carts back in the day :/

Yeah, I looked back at my Amazon purchases in like 2009-2011 and I paid £30+ for so many shit Xbox360 games, I felt awful just looking through my history.

Jesus I spent $734 on Steam already D: Probably a lot more if you count buying from Russian too.

If steamdb's calculator is accurate and if I bought everything at the top discount calculations indicate that I spent around 500$ per year on Steam. Of course there is trades, GMG, GG, amazon and other sites and bundles which sucked money out of my wallet.
And I spent %.07 of my the time (since getting steam) playing games.
And probably around %1 of it calculating useless stuff like this and posting it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom