• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been playing New Vegas all weekend. Im about 25 hours deep and I just got to the strip. This isn't my first time playing, I originally started on the ps3 a year or two ago but picked up the complete on steam for cheap. Man it never ceases to amaze. All these quests, I dont know which one to do first. I've been running through on hardcore with the JSawyer mod and fuck the beginning was hard. Now I have so many resources and so many caps that hc mode seems kinda negated. It kinda rags me that I have four full DLCs to do once I get around to finishing the main quest. I have a huge backlog and can see myself playing this for at least another 20 hours.

So for the endgame, can I do all the faction quests and ultimately choose which side I want to align with or do I have to be on a set path? Will some quest lines interfere with others? For instance,
The Followers quest requests to bug Mr House. If I do so will I fuck up the House questline?

Also are there any "must-do" quests that are easy to overlook? I can't help but feel like I'm missing so much as it is and I've been doing my best to talk to everyone

gngf123

Is it just me, or is there very noticeable input lag in a number of games when using full screen on Windows 7?

I've noticed it a few times now, but KOF and Skullgirls seem to be especially bad.

Miguel81

image.php

What the...

Lomax

I swear, the compression on Steam screenshots is just getting worse, it's like they bought the god awful Facebook compression and implemented it.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Why only at the hottest fan site on the internets.

http://saoirseronanfan.org/
I've been there. it's a standard fan site.
Probably off her phone.
as someone that's done more than it's healthy of the good old pretty people picture collecting, there are fansites

that have a scary number of pictures of everything uploaded like every day
Now, this is weird.

I can have more fun with the above sites and a box of tissues.

Kyougar

Maybe you should throw some Steam keys over the harbor to teach Valve a lesson.
Also, checking the greenlight page there seems to be 431 released games; which means tons of shit pushed to Steam by greenlight voters.
Now I don't want to give names but I think we know some people responsible with those votes.

those 431 games are probably less then what Strategy First dumped on steam

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where the hell does jase find those pics? Lol

Tumblr isn't entirely useless. ;)

I swear, the compression on Steam screenshots is just getting worse, it's like they bought the god awful Facebook compression and implemented it.

I was hoping Valve would reduce the aggressiveness of image compression following the use of Akamai's servers for content distribution, especially with regard to user avatars, but alas.

Kiru

I was logged, I waited for 50 and more minutes, I refreshed the page and the site said me I wasn't logged anymore. Now I can't log in at all.

Reset the password. The site gives you a fucking weird password after registering.

I was hoping Valve would reduce the aggressiveness of image compression following the use of Akamai's servers for content distribution, especially with regard to user avatars, but alas.
Yeah Avatar compression is so stupid...

JustLynx

Re-posting this again and saying thank you again to you all :D

Ultra Street Fighter IV is my GFWL key, some people said that if I give my key it should give another copy, but I'm not sure, just saying...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ARMA Tactics -- MB-E82E503951DAD7AF - Taken by darkchewie. 8 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-0CB076DFEE2CD3EF - Taken by agniswarm. 6 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle -- MB-8B5D97558DCBFD64 - Taken by autoduelist. 10 entrants total.
Goat Simulator -- MB-CB3DB1AB21E179F0 - Taken by hohoXD123. 54 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Ultra Street Fighter IV -- MB-DBBA901D284859CE - Taken by Mavromatis. 49 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-5568EF64EBDAC473 - Taken by chronomac. 11 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-F6BEFAC72644E097 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
Skyrim -- MB-8B0330FD4B846D6E - Taken by kudoboi. 25 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-581522F133090D09 - Taken by Rudakus. 6 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-2F6E27834D440F01 - Taken by Majukun. 8 entrants total.

t1413786743z1.png

Card Boy

Banned
Don't worry; Dreamfall's not very good. :)

Compared to the original game it's not very good. On it's own the gameplay sucks, and is all Xboxed with added shitty combat, 3rd person, simple buzzles, barren and small areas and no point and click controls but the story, atmosphere and music is amazing.

xBladeM6x

Decided I'd get around to starting up Kingdoms of Amalur on my 980 for the first time, to be greeted with this visual bug. (Grid patten where shadows should be)

fbdfbbdfb_by_xbladem6x-d83fz5z.gif

I'm convinced now that there's either something wrong with my 980, or I need to just clean install my OS after swapping GPUs, because I never had as many issues with my 660 Ti. SteamGAF, why me? :l

Newblade

Take them and run.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Soundodger Plus -- MB-2BBC53F33C926F16 - Taken by Sendou
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-B13DECF0A709211E - Taken by 7Sins
The Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-339591C12F7768F3 - Taken by cardinalmind
The Bridge -- MB-9EB97C3C3E216AF4 - Taken by redlacs

Sendou

not like the game looks bad anyway, it seems completely competent. but hey, you can always not buy it :)

Well now you think I was mocking Destiny but I really wasn't. I don't have particular interest in it myself but I haven't played it either so I can't say what I think about it.

What I meant with the post you quoted was just a general statement that I'm more looking for high quality hours for my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom