• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CoD4 campaign was super dope. So many good memories. MW2 wasn't very memorable except for the "let's create some controversy" level.

well I enjoy them, they have a chaotic nature that most shooter campaigns dont. and they are short and innofensive (well, you could argue No Russian was offensive, but thats not the kind of offense I mean)

The only I remember not liking was Blops 2, and thats only because of the RTS missions, which I later found out you could skip :/

I havent played Ghosts yet, im a big fan of dogs tho :p

The Modern Warfare 2 campaign is the best throwback 90s action movie ever made.

pretty much. Also stop liking the bad games I like, people wont think youre cool Marco

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wonder when Destiny will come to PC.

when they're done with all the dlcs

Within the next ~11 months is my guess.

I really really hope it comes earlier than that. I was expecting early-mid 2015 with a DLC delay. IE: After the first DLC comes out, the game would come out on PC without any the DLC - or, ideally, with the first DLC built in, with "simultaneous" (week-monthly console exclusivity or something) releases of subsequent DLCs.

Sadly, and I don't have anything to base this on, I really think that a PC version of Destiny is getting more and more improbable as times goes by.

Lomax

I really really hope it comes earlier than that. I was expecting early-mid 2015 with a DLC delay. IE: After the first DLC comes out, the game would come out on PC without any the DLC - or, ideally, with the first DLC built in, with "simultaneous" (week-monthly console exclusivity or something) releases of subsequent DLCs.

Sadly, and I don't have anything to base this on, I really think that a PC version of Destiny is getting more and more improbable as times goes by.

I honestly don't see them having much motivation to bring Destiny to PC. There's just way more competition in the genre from both f2p games and not, and there's not really the built in fanbase from Halo there either. Considering the mixed reaction the game has received, I can't imagine they feel like there's a large sales base out there clamoring for it.

aku:jiki

CoD4 campaign was super dope.
The nuke shockwave hitting the chopper and your character slowly dying from the massive radiation is one of the most unexpected scenes I've ever seen in a game, I think. I was expecting him to run out bare-cheasted and with akimbo M60's or some shit, not die a slow and painful death as you desperately tried to crawl to safety.

Sendou

I really would like to buy Advanced Warfare. Seems like they were trying some nice things with the game. 40€ is expensive though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Advanced Warfare looks pretty. Will gladly buy next year 50% off

I actually like the COD campaigns, dont tell anyone

As I said in the thread, I'm actually kindasorta looking forward to the campaign. I just hope I'm done with Styx by the time the game hits, although one of my mates is a big CoD fan and I think he gets back home around the time AW releases, so we'll probably play it regardless.

Edit: I still don't have Ghosts. The Watcher DLC is limited to pre-orders and after much searching I found a site selling a pre-order key, however at 40 Eurobucks it'll have to wait a while.

sronanav297rreni.jpg

2dc7gqay6pvf.gif

I briefly forgot that I'd changed avatars and had a similar reaction after posting, haha. The plushy caught my eye and I thought I'd made some sort of weird mistake.

Ruruja

CoD4 campaign was super dope. So many good memories. MW2 wasn't very memorable except for the "let's create some controversy" level.

Damn right, the levels in Chernobyl when you're in the Ghillie suit were so atmospheric, it was a really great campaign.

I swear, the compression on Steam screenshots is just getting worse, it's like they bought the god awful Facebook compression and implemented it.

I really do wish Valve would do something about this. Let us upload higher quality PNGs or something. I was poking around in the Steam client the other day and I saw that Dota 2 has 2GB of Steam cloud space allocated per player but it only uses about 300KB of it (presumably for config files). Now I know they're not actually allocating all that much space for each player but it would be nice if they put some thought into it.

I'd go as far as to say that I wouldn't mind if they introduced the 'backpack expander' system from TF2/Dota 2 for Steam cloud storage. Let users buy and expand their cloud storage allocation for one time payments of up to $5 or something. And then of course lets us store screenshots at whatever quality we want.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
they will when they re release destiny next year with the first two expansions included. bookmark this post.

Man, I really wish I could find that page that described exactly what the Activision/Bungie contract specified. I remember that it was a game every two years with two or three big DLCs in between and smaller purchasable content in between the DLC releases.

We could track a possible release date for PC on the "GOTY Edition" release later.

I've searched a bunch, but I never found it again. My google-fu must be fading...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Yaboosh, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yaboosh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-682CE0A56994E269 - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-F4924F2D2237BB36 - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-DE74A7B626F22351 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-A74621EFFC92E7D7 - Taken by Maniac. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-56E4FE07EC1C2945 - Taken by Shari. 2 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-017DDC20D05DD518 - Taken by Berlok. 1 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-FECCED85EB49DB53 - Taken by Rudakus. 3 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-342312BC2B5C9C4C - Taken by animlboogy. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-9C0FD4A0DB9CE72A - Taken by MillionStabs. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-2F052B396CB72026 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 4 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-11E617D1D40AE37D - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-92FD540672608BF2 - Taken by Bubbavelli. 1 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-344126A8143BE643 - Taken by salazar547. 3 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-3D048CDA5AD2D83D - Taken by Phawx. 2 entrants total.

t1413757648z1.png

Man, I really wish I could find that page that described exactly what the Activision/Bungie contract specified. I remember that it was a game every two years with two or three big DLCs in between and smaller purchasable content in between the DLC releases.

We could track a possible release date for PC on the "GOTY Edition" release later.

I've searched a bunch, but I never found it again. My google-fu must be fading...

http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/
http://www.develop-online.net/inter...lations-of-the-bungie-activision-deal/0117411

Grief.exe

Just browsing Kamiya's Twitter. He doesn't answer questions, just links back to previous times he hasn't answered the question.

I wonder when Destiny will come to PC.
Do you want it to?

I'm looking forward to playing Division and Destiny with some friends of mine. I doubt they will be the pinnacle of game design, but always good to have an excuse to get together with the guys even if the game isn't perfect.

We will be getting Killing Floor 2 and Evolve of course, but always fun to have a game with a PVP aspect as well.

iosefe

Damn you Shadownet, I put off important work for this!
I'm never trusting you again!

it's not his fault really, we have 3 people trying to solve our problems...

but it seem we may just do the Server hopping thing

to those who want in, you can join on me, Shadownet, and Electroflame

Yeah, it looks like server hopping is going to be the way we do this. You'll have to get an invite through Steam, too, since their in-game server dealio is pretty crap.

They have listen servers like CSGO does now... Just create a game (in-game) and invite people. Does that not work?

dani_dc

I was just joking around, I don't actually blame him for any issues. I'll join with you guys in a couple minutes.

Maniac

Banned
More than the sale itself I'm interested to see what stupid meta game Valve will come up with this time :D #TeamGreen
Pff, noob. #TeamRed is going to win again, COUNT ON IT!

Damn, bought so many games in the last steam sales and I've barely played a single one.
Yeah, uh, I 'only' bought 30-40 games last Summer Sale, buuuut... I've yet to play a single one. I'm not even kidding ,_,

596 games, but none of which are Bad Rats.
Don't diss the rats, man. Finally got my trading cards for the game, feels good man.

Yeah, spin had a spare key and following the game's removal from GMG and the like he e-mailed Kiss to ask if it'd still work.

Huh. Maybe Kiss changed its mind or the blacklisting applied to keys that hadn't been sold.
So uh, is the game as glorious as it sounds?

Just tried my gmg key and it worked.

WyMmfCe.png
The above question goes for you aswell. :p

Knightshift got added for free to your account on www.DLH.net
Time for you to mess with that ugly site again, if you don't have the game.
Awesome. I just don't know my password and their site refuses to send me any kind of an email. Oh well. Probably too late anyway. Maybe.

See below, and git gud & rekt, mindblown or something ._.
Yeah considering I haven't made a purchase for my PS4 since Infamous Second Son, and $200 of those was from a long long time ago when I used to play Warframe.
Yeah, um, just checked on Enhanced Steam... My Dota habit is a lot more expensive than your old Warframe one ;)... "You have spent approximately $613.67 USD"

Holy shit I'm out of control
Jesus I spent $734 on Steam already D: Probably a lot more if you count buying from Russian too.
The value of my account is €5453, with a "value with sales" at €1975. And I don't know if it includes or excludes the $600-ish I spent on Dota 2.

... I really like dota.
I'm more interested in the quality of those hours myself.
Yeah, we, the denizens of SteamGAF do not waste our precious time playing these videogame machines much, but when we do, it must be quality. Because truely, it can never be as fun as the purchasing and collecting of said games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom