• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have coupons and a lot of them
75% OFF Chaos on Deponia

just ask me on steam if you need any

For those of you who have played this series, two questions about Chaos on Deponia:

Are the puzzles just as solid as the first game, or does it descend into illogical random item mixing?

Is the main character just as much an unlikeable ass as the first game, or has his character softened?

Arthea

I have coupons and a lot of them
The Book of Unwritten Tales -90% (2)
Deponia -90% (2)
75% OFF Chaos on Deponia
90% OFF Electronic Super Joy: Groove City
50% OFF Bedlam (checked trailer, yup, total bedlam)
61% OFF 6180 the Moon
and some others nobody cares about

just ask me on steam if you need any

am I really so scary? Why nobody wants my coupons?
last reminder

louiedog

The percentages are for people that actually started up the game at least once :p

They aren't like me then.

"Oooh. New game. I really want to play this."
*launches games, plays with settings, looks at in-game graphics for the first 5 minutes"
"Cool. All good. I'll play this tonight"
*gets around to it 4 days later*

They aren't like me then.

"Oooh. New game. I really want to play this."
*launches games, plays with settings, looks at in-game graphics for the first 5 minutes"
"Cool. All good. I'll play this tonight"
*gets around to it 4 days later*
That's exactly like me, except replace 4 days with 4 months.

dex3108

SteamGAF i need smal advice. SSD prices are really affordable now and i want to buy one for System partition only. That means only OS and Software that i am using will be there and maybe one game at the time. Samsung Evo 840 120GB version is one that i am interested in. Price is 70 euros or around 90$. Should i buy it or not?

Phawx

SteamGAF i need smal advice. SSD prices are really affordable now and i want to buy one for System partition only. That means only OS and Software that i am using will be there and maybe one game at the time. Samsung Evo 840 120GB version is one that i am interested in. Price is 70 euros or around 90$. Should i buy it or not?

$90 seems high for 120GB.

That's the one I use and I love it (hard to not love any 'ol SSD though). For that price I would definitely jump on it--it's not too high. If you're coming from having your OS on an HDD then you're in for a treat. There's no going back.
Wow Disney is actually releasing a game on Steam? They must of been happy with how well Lucasarts games sell on Steam.
They released a whole shitton today.
$90 seems high for 120GB.
give or take a couple dollars, that's what it's going for in the US as well.

chronomac

Can anyone point to some reviews of the PC/Steam port of Final Fantasy XIII? I don't remember anyone complaining about the other Final Fantasy ports but wanted to make sure.

Levyne

Banned

That's the one I use and I love it (hard to not love any 'ol SSD though). For that price I would definitely jump on it--it's not too high. If you're coming from having your OS on an HDD then you're in for a treat. There's no going back.
They released a whole shitton today.

give or take a couple dollars, that's what it's going for in the US as well.

I would definitely see if you can get a 250gb or so. I got a 120gb last august and I'm constantly having to move around fiiles. It's pretty much the OS, the mmo that I play regularly, and 1 other game. Would definitely love a little more breathing room.

But even if you do just go for the smaller size, having windows on the SSD is so, so nice.

Lain

dat feel when you dont hear back all day about the ETA on your GPUs

1398914781778.gif

Opposite happened to me. I was told eta to receive my new shiny 970 would have been October 8 (up from October 2 as told when ordered), instead I received it the day after I ordered it (ordered Sept. 25, received Sept. 26).

MUnited83

For you.
How can you review something isn't out yet?
Other FF games are well done, but consider is very easy to do a better job on them, since they are OLD games or iOS ports (iOS ports have some problems in and there).

Well, that's normally how reviews work, they get a game before the release :p

Dr Dogg

So those of you waiting on Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (and by those of you I mean me and MRORANGE) and want to make sure the retail PC release has both the physical artbook and a Steam key here's a French unboxing vid that confirms both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnFpEIeuvI0

What? People still buy physical PC games you know.

So those of you waiting on Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (and by those of you I mean me and MRORANGE) and want to make sure the retail PC release has both the physical artbook and a Steam key here's a French unboxing vid that confirms both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnFpEIeuvI0

What? People still buy physical PC games you know.
I wasn't too interested in rebuying just the digital copy, but I'd definitely be game for the physical copy if there's an artbook involved.

kevin1025

Banned
So how is Alien?

I played a little under the first hour, so it's not a large representation of what's to come, and so far I'm really liking it. It's been mostly setting the atmosphere and introducing the systems and mechanics, but the style and the music are perfect, absolutely perfect. This game nails the feel of the first movie.

Plus I may have shouted an expletive as something scared me.

zkylon

zkylewd
the darkness 2 is pretty dope
it is, i found it to be bizarrely sweet

like there's a decent love story in it somehow, it's pretty crazy considering how much time you spend dismembering mobsters in that game

the dismembering is pretty entertaining too

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I wish I could play Alien. I'm home, I pre-loaded it but Steam is stuck as "Busy writing to disk" and won't download the last 400mb.

I saw you have RE4, did you experienced random slow-motion during the game?
Because I have those slow-mo, they are totally random, and usually when there are NO enemies on the screen :S
If you have the game set to 60fps, it'll go into slow motion when your framerate drops below 60.

If you're using the in-game antialiasing, I'd recommend disabling it and forcing it through your driver control panel. The in-game stuff is weirdly inefficient. I had the same issue with the in-game stuff on.

derExperte

Yes but 120 is too small, you get better value at 250. Also make sure to install the firmware update that's coming. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8550/...40-evo-read-performance-bug-fix-is-on-the-way There's also a big chance the 850 EVO will be announced this month but no one knows when it'll hit stores and for how much.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Maaan, there needs to be a thread on great horror games on Steam so I know what I have that I can play.

If Dusk Golem doesn't already have a thread for that, you can basically use his post history for the same purpose.

chronomac

It's not even out yet, we've gotta wait. I mean unless people got review copies or something.

How can you review something isn't out yet?
Other FF games are well done, but consider is very easy to do a better job on them, since they are OLD games or iOS ports (iOS ports have some problems in and there).

Yeah, I'm a dumb-ass. I didn't even bother to check for a release date. Apologies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Showtime! -- MB-E36E938CFEB0ABDF - Taken by WeaselJCD. 7 entrants total.
Obludia -- MB-C21435D3572BA07D - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Exodus of Sol -- MB-16616F3C8DA11AE4 - Taken by billmcdougal. 2 entrants total.
Toxic Bunny HD -- MB-51C24B1052B23366 - Taken by ViviOggi. 2 entrants total.
Darkout -- MB-E5D8F5BB07934DF2 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-3BC6C2F921C7474B - Taken by Jørdan. 1 entrants total.

t1412622213z1.png

I dunno, I feel like I should put something here.

Freezard

Wohoo Split/Second on Steam... been wanting that game for a while :) Also I can recommend TRON: Evolution, a really awesome game.

That looks pretty neat, but that is one of the dumbest fucking names for a game I have heard, not every zombie game needs a Z in the title.

The best way the letter "Z" was used in a zombie game was in PVZ Garden Warfare, where a big golf ball falls and kills zombies and the name of the ball was Zomball Z (for a parody of Dragon Ball Z). Lol

Yeah, is all on and maxed out. How can I force it? I have a GTX 760 with 3 Vram GB.
Right-click your desktop and click Nvidia Control Panel -> Go to Manage 3D settings, then make sure you're on the program settings tab ->click add, then browse and find RE4's exe (or select RE4 from the list if it's there) -> Set Antialiasing mode to Override Any Application Setting, then set the AA level you want. Hit apply.

Visual aid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom