• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, disabled. I'll let you know if other slowmo occur. It's very strange anyway, because I have those while there's basically nothing on screen :S
Yeah, I dunno why it does that. Even with changing the AA, and having pretty decent specs, I still get moments where the audio and video don't quite match up during cutscenes.

zkylon

zkylewd
Project ApocalypZ : a Dead Rising like indie game using UE4 greenlighted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315148198

attachment.php
that's pretty disturbing

i don't like that at all

yea i like how you can grab/slice/shoot dudes at the same time
i liked the story more than anything, i liked the mobster angle with all the strange characters and stuff and the love story which a bit of one flew over the cuckoo's nest which was pretty alright too.

the general murdering of people was fun and impaling really never got old and i really enjoyed how many options you were given with the car door shields and weapons and tentacle swipes and whatnot but yeah, i generally play games because of the story/setting and i was massively surprised with how competent darkness 2's was

Divius

Just over an hour in and Alien: Isolation is looking to be pretty awesome. I'm just wandering around mostly, soaking up the atmosphere and I love it. Visually it is gorgeous (even on my crappy pc it looks and runs quite well) and the sound design is top notch.

Also just saw the story trailer for Unity. I like it. I like it a lot.
BUT.
I know. I know the game will be all the same. Collecting stuff, follow people, assassinate target, run from the area....and collectibles. A lot.
:(

I've had a fun enough time in all of the AC games so far, but now that I'm playing Mordor with Nemesis, I feel like open world games are going to have to do more than the bare minimum to impress me, going forward.

JustinBB7

How far along is Prison Architect anyway? 9,51 euros seems a nice deal but since it's still early access I'll wait a bit longer.

Teppic

Spares.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teppic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The 39 Steps -- MB-D0A6565C2211EACA - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-CADB1662E6842E13 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.

t1412624914z1.png

How far along is Prison Architect anyway? 9,51 euros seems a nice deal but since it's still early access I'll wait a bit longer.

When I played it over the summer, it was pretty far along. It seemed they were adding additional features at the time. I thought it was in pretty good shape back then.

Arthea

i got a Floran Hero foil. someone is trying to sell for 28 bucks

whats reasonable? 5?

Turf is a bit exaggerating, but selling any foil above 50 cents seems like a dream to me, not very realistic dream too.
try 5, you can always go lower later

Some stuff I posted a while ago and people didn't like or didn't see.
Also some more stuff.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Explodemon -- MB-29193126CC703E53 - Taken by Tizoc. 8 entrants total.
Borealis -- MB-135A2E753E947E06 - Taken by bluechox2. 6 entrants total.
Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection -- MB-8BBE90E0D9C422DF - Taken by Scipius. 2 entrants total.
Space Farmers -- MB-677328BF1CF23AB3 - Taken by darkchewie. 6 entrants total.
Chaos Domain -- MB-AAB31B30D41BBBC3 - Taken by Mr.McFist. 2 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-A0AA8DE183713B65 - Taken by Nzyme32. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Miner Wars 2081 -- MB-9C058F76894A4F25 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Really Big Sky -- MB-C2B12E3277B20C1E - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
Clickr -- MB-62F1D54C8EED9A1D - Taken by Abomination. 4 entrants total.
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-449DA7FEF8DE6D91

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Really Big Sky was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Clickr was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1412636014z1.png

Tomorrow? I thought it was released on 10th?

Yeah, tomorrow.

Edit: Sorry... I do see some people in Europe saying the 10th. It's tomorrow for NA.

Pretty much, yes.

Yeah, I know SteamGAF isn't really big on sports games.

I really am, but I didn't preorder it. I'll probably pick it up a bit later.

I wish we got Madden or something on PC still.

See you online when you do pick it up. Yeah, I wish we could get some American Football too. Not buying a Ps4/Xbone just for Madden though.

Arthea

Yeah, tomorrow

Yeah, I know SteamGAF isn't really big on sports games.

See you online when you do pick it up. Yeah, I wish we could get some American Football too. Not buying a Ps4/Xbone just for Madden though.

But we are big ... on FM and FootLOL
sorry couldn't resist (><)

I really am, but I didn't preorder it. I'll probably pick it up a bit later.

I wish we got Madden or something on PC still.

I always thought that Madden wasn't on PC because EA was concerned with someone hacking their Ultimate Team stuff. Or that they were terrified that people would just mod their games on a yearly basis instead of buying the yearly update.

But FIFA is on PC.

So i have no fucking clue as to why Madden isn't on PC

I always thought that Madden wasn't on PC because EA was concerned with someone hacking their Ultimate Team stuff. Or that they were terrified that people would just mod their games on a yearly basis instead of buying the yearly update.

But FIFA is on PC.

Probably because FIFA has a bigger global audience. Too much cash to pass up.

If Madden came out on PC, I'd be on it quicker than a tramp on free food.

But FIFA is on PC.

Google tells me that the last one to release for PC is Madden 08? I wonder if sales were a factor in no longer releasing them for PC? Dunno. But it's pretty much the only game series I really missed when I switched from 360 to PC. Sounds weird, but hey.

Vuze

Project ApocalypZ : a Dead Rising like indie game using UE4 greenlighted:
Neat, followed.
Watch Alien get Oculus support......

NOPE NOPE NOPE
Yeah, no thanks. I will gladly watch some people die from a heart attack on YouTube tho

--

Shadow of Mordor is still awesome, just put in another good 90mins in and had to stop myself from playing. Game just feels so good, smooth stealth, impactful combat, world is really nice activity-wise and that nemesis system is pretty cool as well.

(Also I love Shadowplay. That flashback recording is glorious.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom