• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Anyone have experience with utilizing multiple steam libraries/junction points/steam mover?

Looking into building a new PC and the setup I'd have would be a 250GB SSD with a 1TB HDD. And not everything I'd want installed would necessarily fit on the SSD. Just wondering what the best solution would be.

No point in using Steam mover or symlinks/junction points these days, use Steam's library folders. Setup Steam on the drive you want then once installed got to the top menu Steam >Settings then pick Downloafs on the left menu pane and seller Steam library folders at the top. Click Add Library Folder, select your location and directory name and your all set.

It'd be double my current VRAM and I'd be able to play AK without low textures.

@ $300 plus selling my old card (nobody answered what I could ask for that yet?) and selling the uplay key for Rainbow Six/Syndicate should get me $20-$30 maybe off the price as well. It's currently a $50 discount, which is why I'm even considering it.

Not sure if my current nVidia drivers are to blame, but I've been seeing a lot of FPS drops in KF2 lately, which I'm not a fan of. 970 might let me get away with playing a bunch of games I have on the "wait for gpu upgrade for 1080p60" list too.
Sounds like a good deal plus the extra savings from selling game codes and your old GPU.
I'm not in the old-pc-hardware-seller camp, so no info from me but good luck on getting a good price out of it.
The added RAM is nice but I remember Arkham Knight needing even more than 4GB for highest textures (maybe "new" version fixed that). And you said it yourself, there are a couple games with extra-super-duper-high-def texture packs requiring +4GB. Anyway, good luck on your endeavors.

Knurek

No point in using Steam mover or symlinks/junction points these days, use Steam's library folders. Setup Steam on the drive you want then once installed got to the top menu Steam >Settings then pick Downloafs on the left menu pane and seller Steam library folders at the top. Click Add Library Folder, select your location and directory name and your all set.

Then you can just move the game folder between two libraries.
Don't forget to move the relevant .acf file as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
44199193346e30ae0b15bfpicrossds.jpg
+
Steam_Icon_2014.png

u gotta find me that for my phone tho

fallout shelter gets really boring and tedious after not very much time and i forgot all the games i was recommended lol

zkylon

zkylewd
the thing of starting persona 4 is that it's yet another super long game and i don't think i want something that crazy after witcha 3. and all the other games i'm interested in are similarly long like wasteland 2 and eternity

i just need to get my voice back so i can go back to yelling over skype playing league. playing league without comms just isn't fun

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought JaseC said he was to stop buying games.

But them I am shown that he buys games and movies and software oh my

this is a twist

Not quite. I said I'd be slowing down a bit now that I've hit 6k, not stopping completely.

Just checked the storepage for Chaser. Ah, the memories. Played it in high-school. Have good memories on it. Enjoyable and diverse first-person shooter.

Not quite. I said I'd be slowing down a bit now that I've hit 6k, not stopping completely.

All you really need to do is counter by asking about his continual posts in SteamGAF after saying he was leaving for good.

Hell, if you go search the June 2015 thread for posts by him, he even went so far as to go edit them all with "redacted" except for a sole post left alone about Devil's Third MP.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=6341376

Frost remembers.

I'm still hoping Zen is a female character as well. Or that the last SF Veteran is a surprise.

Zen just sounds male though. Though a 1:1 gender ratio for newcomers isn't entirely out of the question... I saw some conjecture that the last veteran was going to be Dhalsim, I really hope that's not the case. Zangief was a bit of a downer, would hate for the last one to follow that trend for me.

Do we know if it's someone from SSF2T specifically or is it just "someone who has been on a roster regularly"?

Uzzy

Zen just sounds male though. Though a 1:1 gender ratio for newcomers isn't entirely out of the question... I saw some conjecture that the last veteran was going to be Dhalsim, I really hope that's not the case. Zangief was a bit of a downer, would hate for the last one to follow that trend for me.

Do we know if it's someone from SSF2T specifically or is it just "someone who has been on a roster regularly"?

The term used by Capcom is 'classic'. Which has so far has meant characters from SF2 and it's variations, which makes me think we'll see Dhalsim in. Which would be disappointing, but going off on that again would just put me in a bad mood!

The term used by Capcom is 'classic'. Which has so far has meant characters from SF2 and it's variations, which makes me think we'll see Dhalsim in. Which would be disappointing, but going off on that again would just put me in a bad mood!

If we're talking SSF2T characters only, Dhalsim is towards the bottom of my list; I'd much rather see any of these:

Fei Long
Boxer
Guile

Though I'd trade Guile for Remy in a heartbeat. I liked occasionally using him when I didn't want to use Ken/Akuma.

BTW, sent you a friend request on Steam yesterday, I think.

Uzzy

If we're talking SSF2T characters only, Dhalsim is towards the bottom of my list; I'd much rather see any of these:

Fei Long
Boxer
Guile

Though I'd trade Guile for Remy in a heartbeat. I liked occasionally using him when I didn't want to use Ken/Akuma.

BTW, sent you a friend request on Steam yesterday, I think.

And I accepted it! I was a little surprised I didn't have you as a friend already.

I'd much rather see Boxer in than Dhalsim, but Dhalsim's got the most unique look and style out of any of the remaining SSF2T characters, and I feel we are lacking a zoning character in SFV, which points towards him being included. It's a shame, but if we're getting 8 SSF2T characters in the game, then I guess we'll just have to put up with some disappointing choices.

Also, Capcom finally officially announced Laura. She has a last name apparently, Matsuda. Which means she's related to Sean from SFIII.

And I accepted it! I was a little surprised I didn't have you as a friend already.

I'd much rather see Boxer in than Dhalsim, but Dhalsim's got the most unique look and style out of any of the remaining SSF2T characters, and I feel we are lacking a zoning character in SFV, which points towards him being included. It's a shame, but if we're getting 8 SSF2T characters in the game, then I guess we'll just have to put up with some disappointing choices.

Also, Capcom finally officially announced Laura. She has a last name apparently, Matsuda. Which means she's related to Sean from SFIII.

I'm on Steam but hadn't noticed if you saw it yet or not. Not really paying attention since I'm not on my normal Steam box.

And I agree, you're right -- but Guile could be zoning too with anti-air flash kicks and the sonic boom projectile game -- especially if they pulled in some of the Remy tools (if they're not going to give us Remy straight up, maybe they can at least pull some of his shenanigans in...). Besides, we don't have Sagat yet, so there's nobody throwing high/low projecticles... I don't know, Dhalsim as an answer seems reaaaaaallly underwhelming.

And I'm surprised Capcom just didn't release everything for Laura once it was leaked, unless it wasn't ready...

Dr Dogg

So the Battlefront beta. I guess it's alright, kinda bored after only 5 or so games and I was playing with a couple of mates as well. Maybe the extra modes might add a bit more variety but the two maps are pretty bland and bloody cramped. So far I give it an Eh out of 'en.

Jawmuncher

The only reason I think we are in for a surprise on both fronts is because. If there is indeed only one character left in terms of veterans. Dhalsim is a very weak going out party. I would think the final "classic" character would be someone that would bring in more talk rather than just "neat".

Ludens

Banned

Uzzy

The only reason I think we are in for a surprise on both fronts is because. If there is indeed only one character left in terms of veterans. Dhalsim is a very weak going out party. I would think the final "classic" character would be someone that would bring in more talk rather than just "neat".

Oh for sure, Dhalsim would be pretty weak to go out on, but I'd be surprised if that was the last reveal. We've yet to see the boss character for SFV, and there might be some day 1 DLC characters to reveal too.

I'm on Steam but hadn't noticed if you saw it yet or not. Not really paying attention since I'm not on my normal Steam box.

And I agree, you're right -- but Guile could be zoning too with anti-air flash kicks and the sonic boom projectile game -- especially if they pulled in some of the Remy tools (if they're not going to give us Remy straight up, maybe they can at least pull some of his shenanigans in...). Besides, we don't have Sagat yet, so there's nobody throwing high/low projecticles... I don't know, Dhalsim as an answer seems reaaaaaallly underwhelming.

And I'm surprised Capcom just didn't release everything for Laura once it was leaked, unless it wasn't ready...

You certainly could make other, more interesting characters into zoners, but I just have a feeling that it'll be Dhalsim who gets put in. I'd like to be proven wrong.

Nothing wrong with it.
Brazilian chick teaching Chun Li how to work it.

Well yes. Also, the Player 2 side has some.. interesting physics.

So they used Laura for NYCC? Interesting, so I wonder who will be at the Brazil Show.

Nah, she's at the Brazil show too. So we are saved from Blanka. Praise be to the Illuminati.

Shepard

Full game out too, expect in Americas. 2.1GB download over base game.

Not out here in Brazil yet. I've been waiting so long D:
EDIT: Woooops, download was queueing as I posted. Ty for the heads up!
EDIT 2: forget it, it's just a 213 mb update T T

i never understood that mother 4 project. why not just make something inspired by mother instead, kinda like what Undertale did.

there's no way you'll live up to the expectations of the typical mother fan, why do that to yourself

madjoki

Not out here in Brazil yet. I've been waiting so long D:
EDIT: Woooops, download was queueing as I posted. Ty for the heads up!
EDIT 2: forget it, it's just a 213 mb update T T

Americas as in whole continent, not just USA. I think it's ~8 hours left there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
i never understood that mother 4 project. why not just make something inspired by mother instead, kinda like what Undertale did.

there's no way you'll live up to the expectations of the typical mother fan, why do that to yourself

Their focus seems to be more "authentic" than "inspired by" although I understand how those lines can blur quite a bit before you get the cease and desist letter. But I agree it's almost a shame they didn't decide to use their talents to make a Mother-inspired game, especially considering how well these types of games are doing on PC lately.

MattyG

Banned
Just ordered another 8GB stick of RAM. I need my PC at peak performance for Fallout. The only thing I'm below on for recommended specs is my CPU, it's a 3.4ghz instead of 3.6 recommened, but I have a feeling it won't be too much of an issue.

dex3108

DICE really did awesome job with audio in Battlefront. And Graphically game looks really good and it is optimized really, really good. But gameplay is too simple. I hope that Visceral will achieve this audio-visual experience in their singleplayer Star Wars game.

Their focus seems to be more "authentic" than "inspired by" although I understand how those lines can blur quite a bit before you get the cease and desist letter. But I agree it's almost a shame they didn't decide to use their talents to make a Mother-inspired game, especially considering how well these types of games are doing on PC lately.

yup. as someone who LOVES Mother 2 (earthbound) I don't want to play a fake mother game. It's like if someone made a fake metroid game and called it Super Metroid 2. I'm just going to write it off and not care because I can't take your game seriously. Yet you can make an awesome fake metroid and call it QWERTY and i'm down to check it out.

DICE really did awesome job with audio in Battlefront. And Graphically game looks really good and it is optimized really, really good. But gameplay is too simple.

from what i've seen, it looks good. it doesn't look day one good, though. It looks like $20-30 for the full package in about 6-9 months good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom