• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
Corrosivefrost suggested a thingiemajiggidy in Nvidia Control Panel, and it seems to have worked.

... Thus I've reinstalled my entire computer for nothing. lol.

Reinstalling it didn't even fix that my comp can't use sleep mode >_>
You do, it's call Event Viewer. Now you could listen to a bunch of people give you the run around suggesting loopy things or you could go use the reporting tools on your PC and try to get some insight as to what is going on. First things first when you say crash are we talking application closes but OS stays up and running or a complete system reset? Is it just games that cause this issue or can something like a video in a web browser cause this to happen also? Have you tried a demanding application that would use either a large chunk of CPU or GPU power also and does that do the same?

Fingers crossed Event Viewer will point to an application crash (even if it causes you system to reboot) and let you have a bit more insight to what is at fault. Just a top tip here if you have an overheating GPU you'll know about it as thermal protection doesn't just exit the application but shuts your PC down and throws up an execption code to tell you what is going on. If that was happening you'd pretty much know about it but first things first go check event viewer and let me know what type of crash please and we'll go from there.
As you heard after having written this, Frost's thing did the trick (or so it seems for now)

But I'll keep it in mind, ta. :>

ExoSoul

Banned
No. Mine redeemed as "DmC Devil May Cry Retail". Not sure what this "LV" version is people are referring to.

LV = low violence.
Remember the awesome headslposions from borderlands 1 and how they decided to treat everyone "equally" and removed them from 2? You can thank countries with LV laws for that.

Kiru

Sometimes LV doesn't mean anything and it's uncut after all. Happens with games that got the restriction removed after release or close before. There was one I encountered in the past, forgot which.

Hektor

LV = low violence.
Remember the awesome headslposions from borderlands 1 and how they decided to treat everyone "equally" and removed them from 2? You can thank countries with LV laws for that.

We dont have such laws in germany, but pubs still censor their games sometimes because they cant get their shit together.

Turns out Idlemaster dropped a foil from that Supreme League of Patriots game, and it's the only one of its kind on the market right now. Going to try and sell it for $140 dollars.

LOL

The_Monk

It seems I need to fix the Grid image from Wasteland 2: Director's Cut as it's just a small square in the middle. Wasteland 2 is good since this is a different entry.

Vamphuntr

Here's my spares :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vamphuntr, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil 5 -- MB-584596E275387717 - Taken by Eanan. 31 entrants total.
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Episode 1 -- MB-CC87B2EA2C04A1FB - Taken by madjoki. 3 entrants total.

t1444784773z1.png

Tizoc

Getting rid of some codes I don't need
Some of these keys may have already been used
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pester -- MB-25160FDF30E3E1AD - Taken by Eila
PRESIDENT FOR A DAY: FLOODINGS -- MB-3F877A7D319C598C - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
Arson & Plunder Desura Key -- MB-03AA132401F9617C
Arson & Plunder -- MB-CAFDEA18CAF8680C - Taken by crazyrabbits

Sorry, I assumed them to have a NA store as well but it appears they are EU only.
But just in case: yes, they are trustworthy and you get your steam key right after confirming your preorder.

Faaaaaack.
And none of the active vouchers seem to be working at GMG right now, not even their midseason one.

GaussTek

More DmC love for you guys <3

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-5F1EF184B65FB459 - Taken by bigzgod. 15 entrants total.

t1444776133z1.png

Got myself a new badge (thanks steam trade matcher!) and with it a new coupon.

If anyone wants a 50% off coupon for the RIP alpha (early access) just let me know in a PM or something.

The_Monk

Question about Child of Light: Casual or Expert difficulty level ?

I finished the game (console version) when it was released and I played on Casual. I'm very bad when it comes to these games despite loving them. I played on Casual and didn't find any trouble aside from one boss at the very end and still, I know it was my fault for not making a good strategy with my initial party.

From start to finish I must have died less than 5 times so I hope this can give you an idea on what to expect in the Casual difficulty level.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Good luck for sure.

Almost at two months on the market for my one foil.

My active market listing is a veritable graveyard of unwanted foil cards. I'll usually check on them about once a day and adjust prices as necessary, most are down to about $0.25 or less now.

pahamrick

My active market listing is a veritable graveyard of unwanted foil cards. I'll usually check on them about once a day and adjust prices as necessary, most are down to about $0.25 or less now.

I usually do that, but I've been hesitant for that one card simply because there is no price history at all.

So I figure if I'm patient enough, someone somewhere will need that for a badge and boom, easy two fifty.

only two? I've had a foil on the market since early June.

The rare times I get foils, they normally go quickly. Guess I'm lucky in that regard.

Oreoleo

How does Steam handle RE Revelations 2 in the library? If I redeem Ep 1 from the Humble Bundle, and then buy the full Rev2 later, will I have separate entries for Ep 1 and another for the full Rev2 or will they be consolidated?

Question about Child of Light: Casual or Expert difficulty level ?

I played on expert and thought it was alright. But then the final boss made me regret it.
I didn't focus on a single branch of the skill tree for my characters so they were jacks of all trades and masters of none which screwed me over in the end.

Khronico

What you should get in the steam stealth sale:

Alpha Protocol: Incredibly janky stealth rpg that has THE best dialogue tree in a video game. Choices ACTUALLY affect your game dramatically. One of my favorite games from last generation.

Eldritch: Interesting stealthy lovecraftian first person horror-y roguelike. Controls are surprisingly good and it feels great to play.

Gunpoint: Jump through windows and punch people into a bloody pulp.

Far Cry 2: The best far cry game.

Chaos Theory: Best splinter cell game.

Blacklist: Second best splinter cell game.

Is there any reason to go back to alpha protocol? Are there mods or anything? I guess it would be interesting to replay, although I beat it years ago. Seeing it on sale makes me kind of want to play it.

Khronico

Is there any reason to go back to alpha protocol? Are there mods or anything? I guess it would be interesting to replay, although I beat it years ago. Seeing it on sale makes me kind of want to play it.

There are some graphical/framerate/animation tweaks to make the game look nicer but not much in terms of actual new content: Link

The PC version kinda sucks if you don't have a controller, some of the minigames are almost broken with MKB.

There's so many ways for the game to play out so I'd it's worth coming back to.
---
Also, I ran into posts by zkylon when browsing the alpha protocol modding thread on the obsidian forums.

g r o s s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom