• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally give games a chance and play for at least an hour. I played Remember Me for 10 min. and gave up. Straight doodoo. Coo concept but shitty gameplay/mechanics/graphics.

I normally give games a chance and play for at least an hour. I played Remember Me for 10 min. and gave up. Straight doodoo. Coo concept but shitty gameplay/mechanics/graphics.

wut?
remember_me_gif__3_by_jakomocha-d7ai6vx.gif

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
You guys have your expectations for the next BTA games set pretty high. I'm guessing it'll be Bionic Commando and one other game, probably Last Planet 1 or Remember Me.

BasilZero

You guys have your expectations for the next BTA games set pretty high. I'm guessing it'll be Bionic Commando and one other game, probably Last Planet 1 or Remember Me.

Its probably gonna be bionic commando and remember me.

I dont expect it to be anything else lol

Playing a crpg like Wasteland 2 with a gamepad feels kinda weird, but I enjoy it.
Game is kicking my ass, my squad can barely hit anything. Not having a melee character at all just make it worse lol.

Kuroyume

Banned
Yeah, Bionic Commando is a given. That and maybe Darkvoid or some other garbage like that.

I'll be happy for Remember Me at the least. And in a total long shot I would like Duck Tales.

demon's souls? tough, but managable.
i breezed through bloodborne
dark souls? beat it at launch without much of a sweat
dark souls 2? FUCK YOU FROMSOFT

enemy placement is bullshit
too many enemies designed for 1v1 encounters put in packs
took me 17 hours to clear up to the first dragonrider

i'm still having a god damn blast though

aw350

Banned
Got this by mistake (the screen in the giveaway post was showing a different game, sorry for not paying attention):

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (aw350, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Advent -- MB-D03B8BCE854CB31C - Taken by Belgarion

PS: The screen is wrong again - it's Advent, not Sonic Adventure 2.

fertygo

Its obviously RE6, dropped to below 10 dollar multiple time already.. and price for BTA gonna raised when it revealed
Got this by mistake (the screen in the giveaway post was showing a different game, sorry for not paying attention):

PS: The screen is wrong again - it's Advent, not Sonic Adventure 2.

Sorry, this shit always crack me up

impact

Banned
Dark Souls 2 is so easy tho. You can beat every boss with the same strategy of circling around and dodging to their weak side. Except for the Demon of Song which is like the free-est boss in the game anyway. I heard they fixed this in the DLC areas though.

The biggest battle of DS2 is the battle with the god awful hitboxes

zpRejh6.gif

XIrTFeF.gif

GrossGaseousAntarcticgiantpetrel.gif

It's like some CS:S shit man.

Dark Souls 2 is so easy tho. You can beat every boss with the same strategy of circling around and dodging to their weak side. Except for the Demon of Song which is like the free-est boss in the game anyway. I heard they fixed this in the DLC areas though.

The biggest battle of DS2 is the battle with the god awful hitboxes

iVXzI0EtCoSSi.gif

ibiaw74FqlYe3.gif

GrossGaseousAntarcticgiantpetrel.gif

It's like some CS:S shit man.

Something something adaptation stats, something something that hit connects, something something it's an animation issue.

Git gut

I beat Sniper Elite 3. Safe to say I didn't seem to have the same feeling V2 gave me. The main campaign seems shorter than V2 was. I don't know maybe I liked V2 on the fact I got it for free. I got this for 10 dollars during that Sniper Elite sale. The new openness of the missions are good thing and a determent at the same time to me. The game doesn't feel cheap but it really does feel like they did V2 again but just big areas. Nothing exciting really happens and not even a cool insane shot like V2 at the end of it. Honestly it was kind of lackluster. Doubt ill play online. I might though.

Some stupid screens I took in Steam while playing it. Ragdolls are funny.

Really starting to question if I only like V2 because it was free for 24 hours or not... I know for damn sure if I spent 50 dollars on it back in June of last year I would have been annoyed.

yuraya

I forget Dead Rising 2 exists on steam. That would actually be a very good extra next week.

My guess is they throw in the remaining lost planet games and maybe DMC3.

aw350

Banned
I thought I'd write a few words about SC2VN.

It's a nice small - free - visual novel aiming to familiarize people with SC2 and the esports scene. You are playing a Western wannabe pro-SC2 player trying to make it in Korea. The game is pretty linear, there isn't a lot of turns you can take, but that feels OK. The characters are varied, the interactions pleasant. There are some cliches, but they aren't getting in the way.

The graphics are crisp. The art style feels Asian, but there's no heavy cleavage or anything like that, it's safe. There is only one background tune, but it's right on point, unobtrusive and esport-y.

You don't really need to know SC2. There is something like an intro in the beginning in that whenever the plot mentions some term related to SC2, you get a description of that term. I played SC2 plenty so I knew all the terms already, but if I was new to SC2, the descriptions would have absolutely been sufficient (and appreciated).

The game is not very long, you can complete it in 3-4 hours. If the devs ever think about making a bigger game about SC2 using this one as an intro, I'd be happy to buy it.

Ozium

fuck modbot trolling me every god damn time I look thinking omg a sanic game and SA2B damn dat shit is HOT son because edgelord is in it and he is cool
why isn't Shadow the EdgeHog on STEAM? also sanic 2k6 pls
but nooooooooooooooooo it's something called Advent?

wazzat?

also guys all your guesses for the additions to the humble bundle are wrong. It's obviously going to be Castlevania: Lords of Shadows and Mirror of Fate HD

Haunted

Remember Me and Lost Planet 3 were both surprisingly good, yet (imo) unfairly maligned games.

demon's souls? tough, but managable.
i breezed through bloodborne
dark souls? beat it at launch without much of a sweat
dark souls 2? FUCK YOU FROMSOFT

enemy placement is bullshit
too many enemies designed for 1v1 encounters put in packs
took me 17 hours to clear up to the first dragonrider

i'm still having a god damn blast though
The real Dark Souls 2 starts here. So satisfying when you beat the challenge it puts in front of you.

The fun part is eventually replaying the game with all the knowledge and skills you learned, you then blow through that which took you 17 hours the first time in about 40 minutes max and you end up wondering how you ever struggled that much. :D

tmarg

also guys all your guesses for the additions to the humble bundle are wrong. It's obviously going to be Castlevania: Lords of Shadows and Mirror of Fate HD

Nah, it's obviously the previously unannounced PC version of Monster Hunter X.

When Alienware will host a new Secret Poncho giveaway? I entered when there were 1400 keys left but no luck.

I've got a spare gift copy if you want it.

aw350

Banned
Over a year of not playing Binding of Isaac and I'm horrible already.

A year is a long time in my book.

I'm also going to use the opportunity to regret that Binding of Isaac is so full of crap in the literal sense of the word. If only it was, I don't know, bones...

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hmm, only place that was bullshit for me in dark souls 2 was shrine of Amana. And even with that I beat the main game in about 18 hours.
humblebrag

No but I do agree that the design philosophy to just throw enemies at me is a bad idea, hoping dark souls 3 will be better in regards to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom