• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi SteamGAF, quick question that someone here might know.

Do we know if retail PC copies of Fallout 4 are Steamworks? I'm going to be ordering it soon and I think a retail version might be my best option. Thanks!

Jawmuncher

Hi SteamGAF, quick question that someone here might know.

Do we know if retail PC copies of Fallout 4 are Steamworks? I'm going to be ordering it soon and I think a retail version might be my best option. Thanks!

Yes they are.
Game is somewhat on the disc with the rest needing to be installed from steam. Though you can just put the key in from the box and download it all.

dot

1,5h gone in Undertale and I love it. I am a huge Earthbound fan so that's kinda given, but it really captures the whole charm and improves on the battle system in it's own way.

It's kinda hilarious too: I have spontaneously laughed like 15 times and I rarely laugh at video games!

I don't know, i'm kinda having trouble enjoying it honestly. I play it for like 5 minutes then get bored and quit each time. Maybe it's because i never played Earthbound? :\

The battle system is probably the weakest thing about the game to me. The humor is pretty cute though and the soundtrack is quite good so that's a plus.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant believe Life is Strange didnt get a midweek for the last episode >_>

Momentary

Banned
I wasn't going to buy Mugen Souls day 1, but after seeing the trailer and the super moves in the game... I kinda want to give them some bucks. But Zestiria is already on my plate. Ugh.

I feel like If I could make it through a Neptunia game I can make it through this game. Looks like more of the same stuff.

Dr Dogg

Find treasure chest with new item in it, open menu to see what the new item does, gets bamboozled by tutorials about equipment slot bonuses, finds new item, sees it's better than what I've equipped, swap item out, get another tutorial banging on about 'E-Unions'...

It's been a while since a game has thrown this much stuff at me that isn't sticking and the last time that happened was probably some overly complicated flight simulator now an animoo JRPG!

Jawmuncher

Well color me surprised I didn't think they'd add Resident Evil 4. Didn't think Capcom would be so generous. That alone will probably push quite a few more bundle sales.

Durante

Remember me will probably make me bite on that bundle.

Find treasure chest with new item in it, open menu to see what the new item does, gets bamboozled by tutorials about equipment slot bonuses, finds new item, sees it's better than what I've equipped, swap item out, get another tutorial banging on about 'E-Unions'...

It's been a while since a game has thrown this much stuff at me that isn't sticking and the last time that happened was probably some overly complicated flight simulator now an animoo JRPG!
I have to admit I like needlessly complicated systems. I like them even more when they don't have a tutorial.

...I guess a binary executable is a really complicated system and it doesn't ship with a tutorial, so that might explain some things...

Nabs

Ah I have not, mostly just seen initial impressions of it on youtube and comments. Will have a look at the thread. Gyro controls and people loving it doesn't sound like something used in the same sentence often haha, but sounds good nonetheless!

Most Youtubers and reviewers didn't bother to customize the thing before dropping their impressions. I do hope they go back and give a final review once the thing comes out.

Dogg, you're making the wait rough.

Not sure what's going on but when I try to play games through family sharing it's telling me that my license for those games has expired.
I've randomly lost access to my brother's games before but this time my PC isn't appearing as deauthorized and even authorizing it again isn't fixing it.
Also, when it happened the other times trying to play the games would take me to their respective store page, not give me this message.

Help?

Try opting out of the Steam beta.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Those are both great games added to the bundle, but this one ends up a little weird for me, as there is only one game in each tier of the bundle that I don't already own. I was hoping the added games would be things I didn't already have to push me off the fence from buying it.

undertale is not like earthbound unless your idea of earthbound is only "wacky enemies"

If you've played Lisa, do you think its a more faithful rendition of Earthbound?

I really want to play Undertale but Im really burnt out on rpgs right now. Sounds awesome though.

SmithnCo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil 4 -- MB-8E9A6F95C5664BF5 - Taken by Accoun. 19 entrants total.

t1445365114z1.png

There ya go!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Copy pasted from Bundle topic.

Resident Evil 4's PC version is without the doubt the best version of the game, surpassed the previous Wii version due to a few things.

Though playing RE4 at 60fps the first time feels super weird.

And of course, keep your eyes out for the upcoming RE4 HD Texture mod a GAF'er is working on, it's seriously amazing: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757346

Dusk Golem

I will say, the more surprising thing about the Capcom Humble Bundle is not only just the long-made joke actually became a thing, but more so it's actually a legitimately fantastic bundle.

Dusk Golem

Any tentative release date for this ?

Follow the progress thread, they estimate somewhere in the middle of 2017, right now the Village is all done, they're almost done with the castle, and making their way through the island, then comes the character and such models, then Mercenaries/Ada's Separate Ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom