• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any discount on Fallout 4 digital edition?

I can get the physical one for like 45€, but I really need that preload.

I think that GreenManGaming has had the best price for the game digitally, although it's anyone's guess as to whether or not you'll get your Steam key in time for a pre-load.

Not that I'd advocate doing this, but I've seen a few people mention that they're purchasing the Steam version of the game (at full price) with intent to use that to pre-load and to play the first part of the game @ less than 2 hours total. Then copying the local data somewhere else (or backing it up) then requesting a refund for the game. Once the refund goes through, they'll activate their Steam key provided elsewhere and continue playing without having to redownload anything.

But for me personally, that seems like a huge hassle. But for some the idea is tempting, especially those with slow internet connections.

Phawx

I had $50 bucks in GMG credit and since it was expiring on Nov 24th, just decided to pickup Fallout 4 for $10.

Looking forward to it.

I'm looking to grab a 970 for Christmas. Any suggestions on what manufacturer to go for?

The biggest plus to EVGA is not only the warranty, but you can transfer the warranty. Which means buying a used EVGA card isn't a terrible option and also selling a used EVGA card increases the resale value of it. (provided the guest RMA period is still valid.) Plus EVGA lets you know what time period the Guest RMA is for. The guest warranty period will be when the unit was *made* versus when it was purchased.

Nevadatan

well i know this is really cheap on the HB right now but maybe someone just dont want to spend a buck so there it is.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nevadatan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Abbys Oddysey -- MB-7C5245C6C0CFCD89 - Taken by Kuroyume. 13 entrants total.

t1446057673z1.png

rtcn63

My GCU card has been stuck two cities away for the last four days. I was planning on picking up some used PS4 games, but I guess I'll have to stick to finishing Blacklist.

My GCU card has been stuck two cities away for the last four days. I was planning on picking up some used PS4 games, but I guess I'll have to stick to finishing Blacklist.

I read this twice over before I realized who posted it and that it was just a "community" style post rather than a legitimate Steam/PC post, though I guess it does mention playing Blacklist. :lol

rtcn63

And with regards to Blacklist
I don't really like the Briggs sections, where you're playing it FPS style. It's not difficult, it's just... jarring.

Hektor

And with regards to Blacklist
I don't really like the Briggs sections, where you're playing it FPS style. It's not difficult, it's just... jarring.

I really liked it, i understood it as a parody of the notorious stealthsection in Modern Miltary Shooter.
I´m not really trusting of FunStock Digital. Has anyone every purchased something with them?

Bought Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments a few months ago from there. Without an issue.

Wow dang calm down. Is it your store or something?

My basis on it was their "Too good to be true" prices and the fact that a short google search for Funstock Digital gave a few results on how people had issues getting games and/or refunds in the past. https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsM...uestion_what_has_been_going_on_with_funstock/

There was this issue one time, but I think that was an isolated incident. They're part of a bigger group called PQube and they're legit.

Knurek

Nice.

In my experience, you should skip the 970. Either step up your budget slightly for a 980/980ti or go AMD.

Counterpoint: 970 is an amazing card if you're not planning on going beyond 1080p.
It requires roughly half as much of power as ATI's counterpart and/or 980 (single 8-pin port on my model), is extremely cool and following that quiet even under load and can handle pretty much everything that is on the market either on high or above presets.

If you can get one on the cheap (or care for the free game bonuses enough to swallow the price), go for it. If you have a massive backlog and not plan on playing current AAA games in 4k exclusively, go for it.

Just pick a decent manufacturer.

rtcn63

I was on 360, and I'd never played a Souls game before. I just kept like staying by the bonfire and leveling. I had no idea what I was doing. Tried to play blind, and the combat hadn't clicked for me yet.

Jawmuncher

Took me +140hrs until credits rolled for the first time. Not much grinding done, too.

Were you looking over valleys and letting everything sink in.
Because 130 hours with no grinding means you either died a ton, or were going at a snails pace.
Nothing wrong with that, but that's far from the norm. Whatever makes it enjoyable for you.

Ban Puncher

I got Corpse Party on PSVita this week from Rice Digital, a subsidiary of FunStock.

I can confirm that I received goods and/or service in exchange for my money.

I heartily endorse this event or product.

Sch1sm

Took me +140hrs until credits rolled for the first time. Not much grinding done, too.

How.

I got Corpse Party on PSVita this week from Rice Digital, a subsidiary of FunStock.

I bought MKX for someone from there and everything went through fine, as well. Would recommend.

I can confirm that I have had the same experience a few weeks ago

They're also the ones who published Steins;Gate (on consoles) so everyone should give them money so we get the other games.

Jawmuncher

You're the spokesperson for blazing through games; I haven't had a souls game go <60 hours from Demons to Bloodborne.

Really? My first playthrough probably took 60+. I like to explore and experiment. No reason to rush in a game that leaves you so many possibilities.

They're all pretty straight forward games gameplay wise. I know what I like pretty early on and stick with it. I beat BloodBorne in 30 hours with all of the bosses beat. Only thing I can think of is that the way I play might not be typical to most here. Since before anyone tries to suggest otherwise I still enjoy the games. You don't see me calling them out for being too short or anything.

Though I should have moved my comment to be 40 hours, which is probably closer to the average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom