• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of Arkham Knight, the Season Pass has been updated with DLC. 7.5GB download all up.

Steam November 2015 - Warn a brother, the asylum is free.
For some reason, giving the entire(?) Arkham series of games away to purchasers is more insulting than giving nothing. I say this as an owner of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, and Batman: Arkham Origins.

TF2 community items could sure be cool. Spy Bat-cowl. Batman badge. Joker's face mask. aww yiss

pahamrick

Wait, we're not sure if nvidia key users are getting the repartion benefits? Bitterness reactivated. Cancel Download, cancel download.

Considering how mere hours before launch WB went out of their way to give nvidia key copies a new subid to screw them out of getting the steam pre-order goodies, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get the freebies.

If no one wants theirs, I'll gladly accept :)

/shameless

If they give me giftable copies since I already own them, just remind me and I'll probably send them your way.

Fair enough... you just changed the image style, so it threw me off.

Wait, we're not sure if nvidia key users are getting the repartion benefits? Bitterness reactivated. Cancel Download, cancel download.

Why wouldn't you? It's not a separate sub or anything...

Considering how mere hours before launch WB went out of their way to give nvidia key copies a new subid to screw them out of getting the steam pre-order goodies, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get the freebies.

I stand corrected.
Mine is listed as Batman Arkham Knight Retail -- so it might not have been a "pre-order" (which with those promo keys seems par for the course -- AMD Sniper Elite 3 didn't come with the preorder bonuses... I remember because playfire had rewards for some of the Hitler stuff which was pre-order bonus and at first I couldn't figure out why they had achievements for DLC as rewards [didn't realize it was a pre-order bonus until after that]) , but I think it will still qualify for the "purchased before 11/16/2015" condition (mine was activated 5/7). So I'd wager you'd see the free DLC community map pack and the TF2 items... as to the rest of the Batman games, I think it will depend on whether you already own them, as I stated above.

Chariot

8ORo2ig.gif

STEAM | November 2015 - Arkham Knight Fall Out
STEAM | November 2015 - nice post-apocalypse btw :)
STEAM | November 2015 - I'm too tired to think of any good ones, these all suck.

I don't own Blackgate.
I'll take this over nothing.

Nothing is better than Blackgate. And I wanted to like the game...

STEAM | November 2015 - Nuke the town and prepare for Fallout

This is great.

Especially when you think of European settlers saying this to Native Americans, adding or prefacing with "nice land btw =)"

SMH

(Side note: this might be the funniest thing to ever come out of that... and it's not that funny. :p)

If I had paid money for my copy of AK, I'd be fuming at those thank you "bonuses".

(1) Most people who bought AK on PC probably already have most of the Arkham series on Steam. Unless they're giving us extra copies to gift to people, a large amount of owners will probably see no bonus at all here.
(2) Oooh, a challenge pack. I'm sure most of the owners of the game want just that, extra challenges; I've grabbed the DLC in the past when it was bundled with costumes or whatever, but getting a new "predator" or "combat" challenge map? That just doesn't seem worthwhile unless you're addicted to the game and think "hey, I've beaten my scores on these 8032910283 times, I wish I had a new map to try out."
(3) The Batman:AK TF2 items are a cool idea and probably the best compensation here... however, with the amount of people who got AK through the nvidia promo, the market is going to be FLOODED with the items once they're released, so they probably won't have much sale value and thus will be of little reward to anyone but the subset of people who bought Batman:AK and love playing TF2.

Yup, it's shit.

Who the hell would have bought ArkhamKnight w/o having at least played through the rest of the series. So that's great.

The one thing they had done was give the season pass for free, which at least has story content and not challenge pack garbage.

It's a silly, backhanded gesture.

Backlogger

Kinda wish it was the complete edition of Origins with all the DLC. That and Blackgate are the only Batman games I don't own yet.

Speaking of, I have the Season Pass for Arkham Knight but does that include all the DLC? Or just story DLC?

I vote this.

meta as fuck, i like it :)

WB marked all Reviews as pre-release reviews XD

This is complete bullshit, they released the game and took peoples money for a retail released game and now they are more or less saying they sold a pre-release version of the game to people. Really scummy way to handle that, I imagine most people know what the situation is regardless of how they mark the reviews.

Uzzy

Steam - How I learned to stop worrying and love the Batman.
Steam - The Day After the Arkham Knight Returns

Threads is the better post-nuclear war movie, but I couldn't make that work in a title.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've been holding out playing the game because of those bugs, especially the memory leak & companion bugs. Otherwise I totally enjoyed the game, what a shame. And what's with that internal fix? Why haven't hey released it already? Amazing.

You've got way more willpower than me, dude. I've moved onto Divinity until they fix their shit.

They want to release one big patch, I'm assuming for console cert. No reason to hold off otherwise.

Those three particular glitches are relatively easy to work around, at least. Windows 7 users also have to deal with stuttering due to dynamic shadows, too. The memory leak should be fixed with the new version of Unity, though I've got no idea when that's being released.

A simple hotfix could be released for the companion glitch, as I don't think that console users are affected by it.

That reminds me, everyone should play Expeditions: Conquistador! Fantastic game.

Expeditions: Viking is going to be so good.

Jawmuncher

Steam - How I learned to stop worrying and love the Batman.
Steam - The Day After the Arkham Knight Returns

Threads is the better post-nuclear war movie, but I couldn't make that work in a title.

This was forwarded to me, but I know you're a Juri fan as well.

Mass Effect 2 is an odd choice, isn't ME1 generally considered better?
I liked ME2 mainly for it having that jRPG party-like feel to its cast.

ME1 vs ME2 is my least favorite discussion on GAF gaming.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So if I run idlemaster as a non steam game, does my steam games playtimes get preserved, or lolno

No. Essentially, the way the program works is that it pretends to be the Steam game you've nominated to idle so the cards will drop without having to download and run the game itself. There's no skirting around the added playtime, I'm afraid.

Salsa

"hey you, loyal Arkham fan who bought Knight after playin all the others; for waiting we're giving you free copies of all the other Arkham games! which you already own! so you can give them away to your friends who were smart enough not to purchase Arkham Knight! so maybe they get hooked and end up buyin it or something!"

fuck right off. how hard was it to give away the season pass. theyre gonna sell 10 copies of that thing on PC. cut your losses and save face

Soulflarz

Banned
No. Essentially, the way the program works is that it pretends to be the Steam game you've nominated to idle so the cards will drop without having to download and run the game itself. There's no skirting around the added playtime, I'm afraid.

RIP
I guess it's worth it >_>

Jawmuncher

"hey you, loyal Arkham fan who bought Knight after playin all the others; for waiting we're giving you free copies of all the other Arkham games! which you already own! so you can give them away to your friends who were smart enough not to purchase Arkham Knight! so maybe they get hooked and end up buyin it or something!"

fuck right off. how hard was it to give away the season pass. theyre gonna sell 10 copies of that thing on PC. cut your losses and save face

That's if they give us gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom