• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So, I just realized I never posted in this month's topic
because I lost all the quotes I had

Also, I finally got to 1500* with Divinity OS, bought it on a whim with a bunch of other shit and turns out it was pretty good idea because it was removed in favor of the EE the next day xD

Wait, Mass Effect 2 is one of the best space games? The game where the only thing you even do in space is probe planets, i.e. the most boring shit in any game ever?
It is an incredible space opera, sci-fi adventure. One of the best "space games" I ever played in my entire life so far.
I would like to have Batman: Origins. Does it come with all DLC?
Would be able to pay in either gratitude, nudes or a bit money. OK, I am joking. You'll get the nudes either way.

Deitus

every game is in space if you think about it

Well yeah, if you want to go that route, there are still 20 better "space games" than ME2, but I digress.

I'm just saying, it doesn't make a lot of sense to celebrate a game for the thing it does worst at (in this case horrendously bad). It would be like calling Mirror's Edge "Best Shooter", when everyone knows shooting is the wrong way to play that game.

madjoki

It is an incredible space opera, sci-fi adventure. One of the best "space games" I ever played in my entire life so far.

I would like to have Batman: Origins. Does it come with all DLC?
Would be able to pay in either gratitude, nudes or a bit money. OK, I am joking. You'll get the nudes either way.

It doesn't say so, so I'd assume it doesn't come.

Li Kao

It's not a question of who's missing them. It's who's missing them that also bought Knight at launch.

Which I have to imagine is somewhere near sub-0%

Oh, I can totally see some Rocksteady fans having skipped Origins. Or newer fans that haven't played all the games in the franchise.
Just theoretical, doesn't make the gift particularly exciting for most players, yeah.

ArjanN

ME2 is pretty good...of course not as good Star Control 2, by which it is was clearly inspired and which it seems they've accidentily forgotten to put on the number one spot.

Phinor

I own only the Season Pass, all contents are missing :l

Same for me. Supposedly they have multiple Season Pass versions (why?!) and they forgot to update some of them. Of all the AK DLC, I only own some skins and the season pass itself.

what do you mean missing? Like it doesn't show as owned in the Steam store? Or not seeing it in game?

Try adding a random DLC to your shopping cart and try to check out. It should tell you that you already own the game.

Doesn't show as owned. I can add the DLC to my cart and it lets me buy them. If I add the game or season pass, it says I already own them.

dex3108

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596358926236

Hi everyone! I’m going to jump in and help out Yorick as a second pair of eyes and ears for you all.

With the game now available for sale, I wanted to provide a status update since the release of the September patch.

As we confirmed earlier today, the PC version of the game now supports all add-on content that has been released thus far for console. The configurations for this content are being updated now and we expect everything to be available in the next few hours. We’ll confirm when this process is completed.

We are still working with our GPU partners to add full support for SLI and Crossfire. In addition, we are working with these partners to address stability issues on certain cards related to the latest drivers.

After extensive testing, a hard drive paging issue with some GPUs on Windows 7 may occur after extended gameplay sessions. If you encounter this, simply re-launching the game will resolve the issue.

For Windows 10 users, we’ve found that having at least 12GB of system RAM on a PC allows the game to operate without paging and provides a smoother gameplay experience.

For the love of God WB stop digging.

Weird, I've been idling some games with Idle Master and I already got 3 cards even though the games have only been idling for 1.4 hours and I'm idling multiple at a time. I wonder if this is related to what jshackles was talking about earlier.

Real smooth, WB.
Weird, I've been idling some games with Idle Master and I already got 3 cards even though the games have only been idling for 1.4 hours and I'm idling multiple at a time. I wonder if this is related to what jshackles was talking about earlier.

I hope so. The 2 hour restriction is a really dumb anti-idling measure that makes idling the only way to get all the drops for some games. In their efforts to defeat it, they forgot their own goal.

I had that happen with DiRT Rally last night.

What was jshackles talking about exactly?

Ludens

Banned
what do you mean missing? Like it doesn't show as owned in the Steam store? Or not seeing it in game?

Try adding a random DLC to your shopping cart and try to check out. It should tell you that you already own the game.

I can checkout each single item except the season pass (only thing showing as owned).
I traded the game from a friend (giving him a copy of DMC4SE plus other games I don't remember), he took the Premium Edition from GMG (at least this is what he said me).

I don't think WHERE you took the game is a problem, since Steam lists I have the Premium Edition correctly, but I'm missing all DLCs released today.

This is what I have anyway:

B2iTTO4.jpeg

Durante

On the other hand, I thought it was an overblown sidequest with cartoon characters (not in the good way) which brought down the actual interesting universe-building which occurred in its predecessor in favor of a humanity-messiah-complex.

For the love of God WB stop digging.
Well, it makes perfect sense.

Backlogger

I can checkout each single item except the season pass (only thing showing as owned).
I traded the base game from a friend (giving him a copy of DMC4SE plus other games I don't remember), he took the Premium Edition from GMG (at least this is what he said me).

I don't think WHERE you took the game is a problem, since Steam lists I have the Premium Edition correctly, but I'm missing all DLCs released today.

This is what I have anyway:

Ah weird. I have the base game and the season pass. The DLCs don't show as owned in Steam (at least not right now) but I try to buy them it tells me I already own them.

Maybe the DB is still updating? Hopefully it gets sorted out. Maybe open a dreaded support ticket in a couple hours if things still aren't showing up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had that happen with DiRT Rally last night.

What was jshackles talking about exactly?

Valve changed their card drop algorithm in yesterday's server maintenance. With a few rare exceptions, it seems that the requirement for games to have at least 2 hours of play time before cards start dropping has been completely removed.

I'm still tracking down all the details as they come in, but it would seem that at present the most efficient way of idling is once again idling games individually. Be sure to set that in Idle Master's settings, and let me know if you run into any issues.

Salsa

Arkham Asylum legitimately became one of my favorite games of all time

this is the saddest sendoff I can think of. Way to ruin something beautiful WB.

On the other hand, I thought it was an overblown sidequest with cartoon characters (not in the good way) which brought down the actual interesting universe-building which occurred in its predecessor in favor of a humanity-messiah-complex.

I would've liked to have seen a completed human Reaper. It would've been weird hella rad seeing a terminator fly through space, probaby like Superman.

Ludens

Banned
Ah weird. I have the base game and the season pass. The DLCs don't show as owned in Steam (at least not right now) but I try to buy them it tells me I already own them.

Maybe the DB is still updating? Hopefully it gets sorted out. Maybe open a dreaded support ticket in a couple hours if things still aren't showing up.

Other people on community hub have the same problem, I'm downloading the game so I can't verify if not next week, but people who downloaded it, claimed they received a 2.4 gb update only and there are missing DLCs.
EDIT: Tried now, I can checkout every single item in the store page.

Whoa... we agree on something. :)

The combat in ME2 was a pretty solid TPS, but I felt like the removal of RPG elements, planetary exploration, and lackluster story hurt it more than helped it. Overall, the whole experience for me felt largely inconsequential by the end of it. The choices that were said to matter didn't really (as much as any Telltale game, pretty much... am I doing this right?) and at the end of it all, you're just back where you started. Nothing happened. It was pretty much like an episode of a Saturday morning cartoon show, where the episode starts, the second rate villain does something stupid, and commander shepard and team go and right it, setting everything back to square one for the next weekly installment.

Backlogger

Other people on community hub have the same problem, I'm downloading the game so I can't verify if not next week, but people who downloaded it, claimed they received a 2.4 gb update only and there are missing DLCs.
EDIT: Tried now, I can checkout every single item in the store page.

I had to remote into my home PC but I just fired up Steam and am getting a 9+ GB patch, but again, I own the base game and season pass separately, not the Premium Edition

danthefan

I can't believe I'm about to say this but I had no idea until today that I could stream games to different devices on my network. I can now play my Steam library on my TV. This is amazing.

RPG elements got stripped out and it had a major focus on characters and recruiting them, compared to the first game. But it was done very nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom