• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

12GB of RAM?

"Optimized"

Oh yeah. Real "Optimized".

Interesting tidbit.

I have Windows 10 x64, 12GB of Ram, and a 970. I get -terrible- stutter when driving and gliding, which started after the interim patch. Re-downloaded the game to see, and yep, still the same thing.

Not moving this thing to my SSD to see if that fixes the stutter, as I'm saving that space for Fallout. Really though, the game at launch in it's broken state performed better for me. I could get 1440p with everything on/max except smoke & debris and it would stay locked at 30.

Same settings cause frequent dips into the low 20s, and then single digits when it stutters.

Tizoc

How long until WB removes Arkham Knight from Steam again? XD

I would gladly swap my copy of AK for Mad Max :p I may have goten the game for $30 but ti seems MAD max is worth that price even though it's been cheaper.

I'll back narcissu once I get home, surprised to see it almost half way to its goal with the KS so early :D

Deitus

RPG elements got stripped out and it had a major focus on characters and recruiting them, compared to the first game. But it was done very nicely.

For the record, I wasn't saying it was a bad game. I think ME1 is a much better and more interesting game, and ME2 squanders a lot of that potential, but it is still, on it's own, a good game. I could go on for a while on my thoughts on the Mass Effect series, but I really don't want to get into that at the moment.

I just think the parts of the game that are in space are incredibly weak. I wouldn't consider a Star Wars game a space game either, even if it took place on multiple planets, unless it had a notable gameplay component in actual space.

To go back to my Mirror's Edge analogy, Mirrors Edge is a good game, but a bad shooter. Mass Effect 2 is a good game, and a good sci-fi game, but a bad space game.

Jawmuncher

Dunno if this applies to anyone here.

11219654_10153800999842147_2334519165830617539_n.jpg

madjoki

Valve changed their card drop algorithm in yesterday's server maintenance. With a few rare exceptions, it seems that the requirement for games to have at least 2 hours of play time before cards start dropping has been completely removed.

I'm still tracking down all the details as they come in, but it would seem that at present the most efficient way of idling is once again idling games individually. Be sure to set that in Idle Master's settings, and let me know if you run into any issues.

Could it depend on refunds that you've done?

Nevadatan

i already had this game on steam.. dunno why.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nevadatan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Insurgency -- MB-462E893F9EE00F97

t1446071114z1.png

Nzyme32

Man I love Undertale for so many reasons.

I would like to implore anyone who is intending or thinking about buying it to do so, but I would also implore them to avoid any details about the actual game and how it progresses. This is definitely a game that should be played blind and without the input of others suggesting what you should do, as it will really diminish the experience of it I think, even though I am yet to complete it myself.

Anyway, yeah, go buy it!

For the record, I wasn't saying it was a bad game. I think ME1 is a much better and more interesting game, and ME2 squanders a lot of that potential, but it is still, on it's own, a good game. I could go on for a while on my thoughts on the Mass Effect series, but I really don't want to get into that at the moment.

I just think the parts of the game that are in space are incredibly weak. I wouldn't consider a Star Wars game a space game either, even if it took place on multiple planets, unless it had a notable gameplay component in actual space.

To go back to my Mirror's Edge analogy, Mirrors Edge is a good game, but a bad shooter. Mass Effect 2 is a good game, and a good sci-fi game, but a bad space game.
Hm, good post. I did not want to imply that btw. "Space Game" is a weird term and to me it doesn't mean actual gameplay of flying in space necessarily. I do understand how people can sort it that way though.

Ruruja

Even though I've had the game for years on Xbox360 and Steam, I've finally beaten Fallout: New Vegas. I got kinda burnt out at the end so decided to sweep up and ended with Yes Man.

I still prefer 3

fantomena

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Haha.

I finished the game on my PS4 some weeks after release. Now Im not even sure if Im ever gonna get the PC version if the PC version is still shitty.

WB this is sad. Between this and MKX I don't know what's worse. MKX being rushed out and being broken. Especially with that redownloading the game bug. Or Batman which was a shoddy port that got taken off for 4 months, comes back and is still shoddy and sketchy as fuck.

Then again the reviews being marked as pre-release might be the deal breaker. So ill say Batman. Sheesh.

Salsa

Salsa, what's wrong with your computer?

nothin. jett getting the same thing

moving the game to the SSD (which I wont even bother doing again) turns this issue into a "15 minutes into the game" thing rather than right at the top. nothing more

as for your comment: people are actually reporting they were getting better performance on release

edit: I got stuff like Mad Max on this same hard drive running at bliss 60fps with absolute max settings and 0 stuttering or any single frame drop, so it aint the drive either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom