• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

「HANDSOME JACK」

CSbv4YYUEAAL_hs.png

i still have to play ep 5 i hope it is good

Ozium

ladies and gentlmen

it's time to get HYPED

in one and a half days the afterbirth expansion releases for BoI:Rebirth.

also I think there is a sale starting tomorrow

Kyougar

The thirst is real.
To kill the dog.

NxcEDF0.jpg

Skyrim Trailer had many different places with the trailer. the Skyrim Trailer was a phenomenon. The First big Meme. Reaction videos were getting big etc.
I still watch the trailer from time to time. It is a great Trailer, Bethesda makes badass Trailer.
The Skyrim trailer set the Tone, the longing for Exploration with the great shots of the landscape and the cities and had Fight scenes for the fight Crowd.

If anyone cares, here's description of my 20 minutes of Buttman Remastered for PC edition:

Played for a while (nothing major, just drove around with the car, solved couple of puzzles and stuff, didn't fight any enemies). All settings high except interactive smoke and debris off and... it actually runs pretty decently now in a relatively empty scenes (970GTX, i5-4960K).

The thing is that it stutters. A lot. I can barely hold solid sixty, instead I am getting drops to 58-59 all the time, which looks kinda janky. I think lowest I recorded was 51, which is not too shabby I guess. The stuttering is weird though: I started with normal settings and then proceeded to bump all the settings up one by one and I still go that same stuttering all the time.

I think it's playable but not really enjoyable to the max. The stuttering is really distracting.

Ozium

I'm torn between getting it at launch for PC or Vita

buy it now on steam it's on sale if you own BOI:R, not sure how much in CDN but in murica it's $6.66 (see what they did there?)

didn't the vita version have a lot of problems at launch? not sure if they fixed them or not, I know the patches took a long time due to sony cert but the PC versions were patched asap for any problems (which were much less than the problems on PS4, Vita or 3DS)

go for STEAM

buy it now on steam it's on sale if you own BOI:R, not sure how much in CDN but in murica it's $6.66 (see what they did there?)

didn't the vita version have a lot of problems at launch? not sure if they fixed them or not, I know the patches took a long time due to sony cert but the PC versions were patched asap for any problems (which were much less than the problems on PS4, Vita or 3DS)

go for STEAM

The Vita version is smooth as butter now but I'll probably avoid getting it at all for a while, backlog 2 hueg

200 pages Light theme or bust.

there's a reason that dark theme is only available to members
light theme is, quite literally, for peasants and lurkers

Hinomura

but those people will say it is amazing because it is a BASED SONY EXCLUSIVE which is what he was getting at..

I asked the same question a week ago too, that it seemed like a mediocre game and was the hype real or was it just console fanboy hype debris

That's the problem. I mean, not about being "Sony" exclusive, but usually being a console exclusive would make opinions from the OTs pretty unreliable - again, that's what I've experienced since the first gaming forum I visited, and GAF isn't different from this point of view.

Instead, I usually find very valuable information in this thread (I know, I'm mostly a lurker) - obviously there are personal tastes which matter, but the positive or negative advices are often "a bit more elaborated".

MUnited83

For you.
The Vita version is smooth as butter now but I'll probably avoid getting it at all for a while, backlog 2 hueg

there's a reason that dark theme is only available to members
light theme is, quite literally, for peasants and lurkers
I would buy the Vita version, but since I live in Europe and NICALIS is a bag of rotten Dicks that dont know how to release things, i'll have to get the PC version instead.

Jawmuncher

Apparently Fairy Fencer F is already getting a remake

Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, an enhanced remake of the original for PS4 out November 5th in Japan.
Via RPG Site Twitter

Wonder if they'll port to PC. Then again we haven't seen those Neptunia Spin-Off games yet.

ladies and gentlmen

it's time to get HYPED

in one and a half days the afterbirth expansion releases for BoI:Rebirth.

also I think there is a sale starting tomorrow

Part of me wants to get hyped but I think Im all burnt out after putting in sooo much time in BOI:R

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
'ARK: Fear Evolved' Event Has Begun!

C79BBBA8D43C0554D86A8C70919FCACF2371DE5E

ARK: Fear Evolved Trailer

For the next week the ARK is undergoing a spooky seasonal change where the air is cooler, the days shorter and the nights longer, and a Blood-Moon shines brightly as bats and creepy-crawly creatures of the night appear above ground.

61FE8917F6F738D9DB25F287DECD046D3635D6BC

Survivors should take care when exploring the island as the mythical DodoRex stomps across the land with an army of blood-thirsty zombie dodos in tow, and a variety of re-animated Skelesaurs walk the lands.

666EC82EBC1582AE1C9865DE46765C618A593CBD

For those brave enough to face their fears, there will be a number of new items to craft and collection including thatch-rich scarecrows, custom Jack-o-Lantern carvings, Skelesaur Costumes, Candy-Corn loot drops, Witch Hats, Masks and a Saddle for your spider! You’ll also be granted the opportunity to tame endlessly-rejuvenating Zomdodos, Bats, show off artifacts collected from your adventures in the dangerous caves and of course earn a brand new Steam Achievement!

FE42999B8DDC9C049441657A026261E87453A278

Looking to cram your friends full of sugary multicoloured, recycled wax-candies shaped like triangles? Keep an eye out for our Candy-Corn supply crates, which we've stuffed full of ARK free-game codes. Once you get one, you can gift it to apologize to your friend for force-feeding them terrible candies that nobody wants.

We’re also running a little Fear: Evolved contest! The first survivor to post a video of them killing the DodoRex on an Official PvP Server will win a 100$ Steam Wallet Giftcode! (they can be working with other Players/Tribe of course, but we'll only have one code to send to the player who actually posts the video). Here is where you’ll want to submit.

Wishing all you Survivors a Happy Halloween!

Wildcard Jat & The ARK Survival Evolved Team

Tizoc

Yup FF13 runs at 60 FPS for me still. It only dips by 1-3 FPS but is otherwise a smooth FPS.
I attempted to record it using OBS but it seems that OBS causes the FPS to drop when I record ^^; non the less I played a bit of the area I'm in and it was 60 FPS all the way.
Here's the video I recorded-
https://youtu.be/W9D9GyelOZw
Watch in 1080p if you can please.

Hinomura

But it's the same game regardless :p But I get what you mean.
Really though there is a Shoot'em-up/Shmup community thread on GAF, ask there if you want better feedback
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=183277019
Thanks, but the GB quick look LurkerPrime suggested me has been enough: now I'm sure it's not the kind of game I would have been hyper for; I'm sure it's a very well packed game, but I'm not in a haste to buy it asap.

Thanks everyone :)

Soulflarz

Banned
psst whats the record for most pages past 400... lets break that shit yo.

According to the one time I asked a mod, the reason we're at 20,000 is because NFLgaf or such broke gaf whenever someone tried to do something with the thread.

Was into the 6th digit by then soo

We will never hit what the old limit was because there simply wasn't a limit. It's also why no one freaks out about the 20k rule?

Monooboe

in Batman AK, why can't I suddenly have interactive smoke or debris active?o_O I have a 970 and I'm sure they were on before the patch.

Yup FF13 runs at 60 FPS for me still. It only dips by 1-3 FPS but is otherwise a smooth FPS.
I attempted to record it using OBS but it seems that OBS causes the FPS to drop when I record ^^; non the less I played a bit of the area I'm in and it was 60 FPS all the way.
Here's the video I recorded-
https://youtu.be/W9D9GyelOZw
Watch in 1080p if you can please.

:shudder: That's probably the worst part of the game, IMO. :lol

Also, you probably get frame drops because OBS is using CPU and writing to the HDD while the game is trying to do the same. I'd guess it'd run better if you had some sort of native capture a la ShadowPlay (and told it to write tempfiles to a separate disk or were using a SSD).

Also, unrelated: Do you have a Dhalsim avatar you'll have to use too?

Parsnip

https://youtu.be/5Fimm0v6Fjk

Recorded a quick video of Batman AK. It almost seems more cpu bound on my system (i5 4670K 3.4 stock) than gpu bound. Seems like they might have had trouble fitting it in 4 threads or something, even though the cores themselves are more powerful than on consoles.

Or something.

It's very much playable for me though at least.

in Batman AK, why can't I suddenly have interactive smoke or debris active?o_O I have a 970 and I'm sure they were on before the patch.
Check and try changing your physx settings from nvidia cp.

Lain

Via RPG Site Twitter

Wonder if they'll port to PC. Then again we haven't seen those Neptunia Spin-Off games yet.

From what I remember it was already known. People even wondered if the PC release was gonna be the PS4 version and IFI said nope.

Via RPG Site Twitter

I don't think "remake" is the right word. It seems more like an enhanced PS4 port. I'm not sure the difference is big enough since we already have the original on PC

And this was announced ages ago :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom