• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

back home

look what I bought in Chile

92t58Q0.jpg

am I anime steam yet

iosefe

And the Winner of my Assault Android Cactus Code is....

dave is ok said:
I am a robot
click click click whirrr beep beep beep
system shutting down

congrats on the code.

the runner up is this little ditty
Gipsy Danger said:
Transformers are cool
Grimlock is a dinosaur
That's pretty cool too
i love transformers, but i felt saves had a better flow.

better luck next time!

yuraya

Good thing Capcom is releasing Dragon's Dogma on pc. Seems like there won't be any more singleplayer DD games in the future.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Yeah, right now the games I look forward to the most is dragon's dogma and dark souls 3. Spring can't come fast enough.

Sch1sm

I'm at mobile and don't know for sure what qualifies as Haiku.

5 syllables
7 syllables
5 syllables

freshVeggie, fresh, clean,
he can't make a haiku, pls
how the actual hell.

:")

*Yes, I pronounce ac-tu-al as ac-tchual. fight me.
---------

Hi, SteamGAF. I feel like it's been a while.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Midweek Ark Survival Evolved, This War of Mine, and Child of Light

Turfster

Daily Kingdom Rush 75% off
Midweek
  • ARK 33% off
  • Child of Light 75% off
  • This War of Mine 60% off
Humble Midweek BYOB Merge games

Hektor

Child of light is cool,
buy it you fool,
Its really worth owning,
And not worth frowning,
So go ahead and make this purchase you tool.

Dr Dogg

I wonder how many people here are actually old enough to remember first hand AOL and Yahoo Chatrooms from way back when?

Knurek

I wonder how many people here are actually old enough to remember first hand AOL and Yahoo Chatrooms from way back when?

Hey, I remember that time when this little search engine came and made me switch from Altervista.
You might have heard of it, was called Google at the time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't think you have to be THAT old to remember that stuff.

You haven't lived until you've heard the hellish screams of 56k dial-up

56k was amazingly fast. When I got my first 56k connection I thought to myself "There's no way anyone would ever need faster internet than this."

Dr Dogg

Alright I get it you old gippers and inquisitive young 'uns. I'm sure one of you is going to tell me you had a popular Geocities 'website' back in 94 too!

Li Kao

I'm looking at GTA5 deals and I could do with a little help here. So the US DLGamer has GTA5 for 44.99 but you can apply a 20% coupon too if I understand correctly. Not bad and I could totally bite.
But the game description just lists the English language. Are there region specific versions of the game with limited language support or is it an omission on DLGamer's end ?

I almost downloaded everything for the vermintide beta, I came home now and it starts again at 12 GB. Then they say that there's another 8 GB update (I hope that's why I have 12 GB again, and not that after those 12 GB I'll have to download another 8). I think I'll play tomorrow night since I have a shitty download speed.

I don't see Bayonetta 2 coming to PC because Nintendo pretty much owns that game. But I would love to be surprised.

I don't know the sales numbers on Bayonetta 2, especially in terms of what it cost to make vs. sales, but a company would have to be crazy if the IP owner stepped up, said it would do porting costs/publishing and offered some sort of money compensation for it (lump sum, percentage of sales, whatever).

Then again, we are talking about Nintendo here...

I don't know the sales numbers on Bayonetta 2, especially in terms of what it cost to make vs. sales, but a company would have to be crazy if the IP owner stepped up, said it would do porting costs/publishing and offered some sort of money compensation for it (lump sum, percentage of sales, whatever).

Then again, we are talking about Nintendo here...

if it's going to happen, it'll happen once it's pretty clear that the WiiU is no longer being actively supported by nintendo. I dont see them signing off on Bayo2 going elsewhere before then.

jshackles

Alright I get it you old gippers and inquisitive young 'uns. I'm sure one of you is going to tell me you had a popular Geocities 'website' back in 94 too!

In 1996 I won a regional science competition by incorporating the scientific method to evaluate, rank, and prove the usefulness of internet search engines such as Magellan, Infoseek, Yahoo, Lycos, and Altavista. The prize included a full four year scholarship, although I turned it down to attend a more prestigious university where I was also awarded a full scholarship through academics. I was 14.

Yes, I've always been a nerd. And yes, I had a Geocities "page".

I remember looking at an 8 gig hard drive at Best Buy one time and the guy told me I'd never use all that. Sure, guy.

back when Shenmue II appeared to be only coming to Euro dreamcasts and the Xbox version was like a year away I broke and decided to find out how to get a hold of a copy through digital downloads. There used to be a somewhat popular P2P client called Direct Connect that i would use for music stuff often and i discovered that you could find Dreamcast games on there, too.

so i had to download a 4 CD game via 56k onto a 4 gig hard drive. Only had enough room to hold one CD download at a time. So download, burn, and then start on the next disc.

This took a bit over a month to do.

Now, to be fair to younger me, I did buy Shenmue II when it came out on the OG Xbox because i really, really liked those games. And i would buy it again if/when an HD rerelease came out. But i just needed to play it badly and as a poor kid with a crappy part time job importing Shenmue II wasn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom