• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I need your guy's opinion, which store header do you guys think is better?

A:
caf1b6053d52415b0ba5aea746571677.png

B;
eabb32dcc4698ce79126c6b8a11e12f5.png

Opinions appreciated.

B, with the glowy font from A. I think that would be a good mix of cohesiveness vs. clarity.

Though if the red zombie lass from A was less bright and scene-stealing I think I'd go with A overall.

yuraya

You're saying third parties are getting on board for Nintendo? That's refreshing.

All things considered its going to be a very powerful handheld if rumors are true. A very big leap over the 3DS. I don't see a reason why any third party game these days wouldn't be able to run on it. As long as there isn't any stupid gimmick that undermines the entire thing it should be supported by all 3rd parties.

Ascheroth

Soon you'll be able to pay like 150$ to play the game 30 days early.

Pay 500$ to play the game 6 months early.

Also microtransactions to speed up release date

tumblr_m6as5eiQPG1qjkugeo1_1280.gif

The worst is yet to come

Early release tied to mobile gacha game. Instead of rolling units or whatever you roll release time in the form of minutes, hours and days. The more time, the rarer it is. Cumulative up to X days, buy more rolls with money.

KingBroly

Banned
Downloaded Darksiders 2 in 4 minutes. It's good to have fiber. I think I could've gotten it faster, though. 40 MB/s seems to be the average, so I'm guessing there's a hardware bottleneck somewhere on my PC.

Saty

Is there a source that covers Steam New Releases on like a daily basis? Like, oh today 5 games came out, we're going to play each for 20m.

Is there something like that also for Vive games? Preferably with the same setup as Giant Bomb's videos?

A:

B;

Opinions appreciated.

None of them. As a Big Picture User, I'll give you one advice: Headers should be clean and well made, without any gameplay thing on it.
Sales wise, it also needs to be appealing. I don't mean to badmouth your work, but as someone else pointed, big games have clean and well made headers. I think it's a good investment for your game to have a nice looking header.

Basically, they are too busy.

I've been following your game from far away, it looks appealing. And I think it deserves an appealing header so that people at least clicks on it.

Nzyme32

None of them. As a Big Picture User, I'll give you one advice: Headers should be clean and well made, without any gameplay thing on it.
Sales wise, it also needs to be appealing. I don't mean to badmouth your work, but as someone else pointed, big games have clean and well made headers. I think it's a good investment for your game to have a nice looking header.

I've been following your game from far away, it looks appealing. And I think it deserves an appealing header so that people at least clicks on it.

Agreed completely.

Funnily enough, Valve went over this at Dev Days. The presentation was caught on Periscope in two parts. Will look for them later.

Edit - here is the presentation - https://www.periscope.tv/w/1yNGaAovVQrGj

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Awesome! And great decision going with Noctua fans to replace the stock fans. I replaced my two stock fans with Noctua and added another front fan as well. My pc is nice and coooool.

Good luck with the rest of the build!

thank you!

i needed a 4 pin y connector, so i said fuck it and bought a 3rd Noctua to complete the set (2 140mms up front, 1 120mm in the back and a nh-d14 for the cpu).

this is really bringing me back to my gear head days let me tell ya.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member

Opinions appreciated.

Listen to this man! Based on your suggestions, I would'nt even click on it.

Good luck with your game!

yuraya

Early release tied to mobile gacha game. Instead of rolling units or whatever you roll release time in the form of minutes, hours and days. The more time, the rarer it is. Cumulative up to X days, buy more rolls with money.

I think EA Access should go down a path like that only with buy more time. So you get to play a game for 5 hrs 10 days b4 release. If you want to play for 6 hrs instead then you need to pay 6$ per month instead of 5$. And so on so on. RNG microtransactions for certain loot crate colors and possible get a few extra hours.

I can see gaming as a whole turn into a subscription utopia like 10-20 years from now once everything becomes fully digital. Whoever pays the most every month will have the earliest and most amount of access to the industry. Subscriptions + Microtransactions are gonna dominate. Its the only way to sustain the bloat and cost of AAA gaming.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess this is also new - I hardly ever see it since ES automatically bypasses these pages:

(The "Don't show this on other products" box)

It appears that clicking the box simply does the same thing that the agegate pages do in that it keeps a cookie in your browser that prevents these NSFW warnings from showing up at all until the cookie expires or is destroyed.

I'll update Enhanced Steam in the next release to automatically click this box I think.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HowardRoark, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KHOLAT -- MB-7B5B7916D13DE51A - Taken by KainXVIII. 14 entrants total.
DISTRAINT -- MB-83C1773AA9479191 - Taken by MaxiLive. 4 entrants total.
Dawn of Magic 2 -- MB-7D5586B61048E28B - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
A.I.M.2 Clan Wars -- MB-6401558126D5812B - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
Star Wolves -- MB-C6A5F82231D155AD - Taken by illusionary. 4 entrants total.
Apartment 666 -- MB-A03FCB07557DDF18 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Dead But Alive! Southern England -- MB-E00A137A56783690 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Planet Alcatraz -- MB-D3313F24A903084E - Taken by Henry Swanson. 6 entrants total.
Konung 2 -- MB-4FEFCCEE8D1A99D7 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty -- MB-E6210F6A4B160162

t1476923950z1.png

Not sure why ModBot is not auto-reposting.

Tizoc

Bought Flashback just because I know the original game was included. I boot the game, unlock the classic title on Uplay for 0 points, boot it...and it's not even full screen. You play it from an arcade, it's missing the music and it looks like crap. What the hell, why Ubisoft thought this was a good idea? Making a fullscreen version with the soundtrack was too much?

Yeah I've heard very negative impressions about this release but I'm planning on getting it myself mainly to play the 'remake' even though it's not regarded as good as the original game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Two weeks from this Saturday is this year's Extra Life - it's sneaking up on me! First of all, thank you to everyone here who has already donated, it really means a lot to me. For those that haven't: what are you waiting for? I'm about to reach my goal of $1,000 - and you can win some amazing games courtesy of IsThereAnyDeal.com, GamesPlanet.com, and friends of Enhanced Steam.

I'll be playing some great games for 24 hours straight, and live-streaming the entire thing on Twitch. This year I'll have on-screen updates for Extra Life goals, and I'll also be giving out the raffle prizes during the stream. I might even put up a webcam on the stream so you can watch me almost fall asleep at 5am - not sure about that one yet, but you'll definitely hear me belting out vocals for Final Fantasy X-2 and generally saying "WTF" to Danganronpa. It should be a good time.

It's for a great cause. I won't bug everyone here with this much (again, because I know a lot of you have already donated) but it's going to be great and I'm really looking forward to it. If nothing else, I hope to see you guys there!

Wok

A:

B;

Opinions appreciated.

Agreed. They are too busy. It feels like you want to show too much, because you are proud of what you did. The content is still in the game, so it is okay to not show everything in the header and rather choose wisely what you want to show: something easy to recognize so that I can get a clear idea of what to expect, and then a look at screenshots or the trailer if I am interested. I prefer B because it is clearer what is depicted at first glance, but it is still too busy with two characters, plus background, plus title, plus effects.

Two weeks from this Saturday is this year's Extra Life - it's sneaking up on me! First of all, thank you to everyone here who has already donated, it really means a lot to me. For those that haven't: what are you waiting for? I'm about to reach my goal of $1,000 - and you can win some amazing games courtesy of IsThereAnyDeal.com, GamesPlanet.com, and friends of Enhanced Steam.

I'll be playing some great games for 24 hours straight, and live-streaming the entire thing on Twitch. This year I'll have on-screen updates for Extra Life goals, and I'll also be giving out the raffle prizes during the stream. I might even put up a webcam on the stream so you can watch me almost fall asleep at 5am - not sure about that one yet, but you'll definitely hear me belting out vocals for Final Fantasy X-2 and generally saying "WTF" to Danganronpa. It should be a good time.

It's for a great cause. I won't bug everyone here with this much (again, because I know a lot of you have already donated) but it's going to be great and I'm really looking forward to it. If nothing else, I hope to see you guys there!

Donated. Some dope games you'll be playing! Just beat ABZU myself.

r3n4ud

Sent ya a little somethin somethin :p

Can't wait to watch you get your game on. Had fun last year and I shall watch this year as well.

Rocket Riot is out (thanks to lashman for pointing this out).

One of my favorite XBLA titles. However, with no online multiplayer, which was the best part about this game, I'm afraid this game is dead in the water.

Anyone know how to fix this on the xbox PC app?

14555630_533618416834581_1429402923_n.png

Open a command prompt with administrator privileges (ctrl+alt+del, new task with the admin thing checked, cmd)

Type: netsh interface teredo set state type=default

That should re-enable Teredo. If you ever wish to disable it you just have to open the admin command prompt again and type: netsh interface teredo set state disabled

Tizoc

Rocket Riot is out (thanks to lashman for pointing this out).

One of my favorite XBLA titles. However, with no online multiplayer, which was the best part about this game, I'm afraid this game is dead in the water.

Didn't Stump praise this game? Part of the reason I got it wishlisted :p
Seems this discount lasts until the 26th of October; would the Halloween sale start by then by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom