• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

You know, whenever someone would bring up waifu I always took it as tongue-in-cheek. But now the lines have been blurred and I don't know if people are actually joking.

Also if that's your thing, that's totally cool, please don't take my comment to dismiss your hobby.

I just, I don't know who is saying things ironically anymore. haha.

I use it exclusively for women-friends that one can find in anime videogames. I forgot that the term was used more broadly, so I tend to it without trying to crack some jokes. :')

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HowardRoark, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KHOLAT -- MB-7B5B7916D13DE51A - Taken by KainXVIII. 14 entrants total.
DISTRAINT -- MB-83C1773AA9479191 - Taken by MaxiLive. 4 entrants total.
Dawn of Magic 2 -- MB-7D5586B61048E28B - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
A.I.M.2 Clan Wars -- MB-6401558126D5812B - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
Star Wolves -- MB-C6A5F82231D155AD - Taken by illusionary. 4 entrants total.
Apartment 666 -- MB-A03FCB07557DDF18 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Dead But Alive! Southern England -- MB-E00A137A56783690 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Planet Alcatraz -- MB-D3313F24A903084E - Taken by Henry Swanson. 6 entrants total.
Konung 2 -- MB-4FEFCCEE8D1A99D7 - Taken by bloke. 1 entrants total.
Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty -- MB-E6210F6A4B160162

t1476923950z1.png

Again, not sure why ModBot is not auto-reposting.

Tellaerin

You know, whenever someone would bring up waifu I always took it as tongue-in-cheek. But now the lines have been blurred and I don't know if people are actually joking.

Also if that's your thing, that's totally cool, please don't take my comment to dismiss your hobby.

I just, I don't know who is saying things ironically anymore. haha.

I'm still waiting for Wai-Fu, the all-female fighting game designed specifically for the "2d Love" crowd. >.>

Parsnip

It's been a long road, but it looks like with today's Tomb Raider patch, DX12 finally performs better on my 970.

o8ShJiz.jpg

Weird lower max values, but huge boost to minimums.

I started using dx12 after getting to geothermal valley. On dx11 I'm horribly cpu bound, but on dx12 I'm just under the threshold there and getting a solid 60fps.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of builds, it seems the latest BIOS update for the ASUS X99-A II finally fixed my overclock stability issues. Previously, playing The Witcher 3 for around half an hour or Just Cause 3 for 10-15 minutes would result in a sudden restart, however, with the update installed, I recently finished up what I had left of the former over a few days and had no issues, and after restarting the latter's third mini-expansion yesterday I'm already further than I was before following a single, uninterrupted ~one-hour session.

While I'm glad I can finally enjoy my upgrade free of incidents, the experience has soured me on ever again combining an ASUS motherboard with a new-release CPU. The instability was so frustrating that I strongly considered going back to my 2600K and selling the stuff I'd bought.

(I bet I've jinxed myself by posting this.)

Luck was on my side for once:

jc3100rqsw7.jpg

V0ZLTNl.gif

In fairness, I actually had a lot of fun with the game and, similar to AssCreed Unity, feel that it has a bit of a bum rap due to its poor performance on consoles and rather demanding PC requirements (in both cases, do not bother with the PC version unless you have north of 8GB RAM, 3GB+ VRAM and, ideally, an SSD -- contrary to some reports, there's no memory leak). I'm just super peeved that it took ASUS five months to get its ducks in a row -- ducks that ought to have been sorted to begin with.

Oh, and the Just Cause 3 Season Pass is an awful value proposition. All told, you're looking at around 4-8 hours of content, depending on your level of thoroughness, and the third mini-expansion in particular is the worst offender, offering no more than ~90 minutes even if you go out of your way to do everything. Mech Land Assault hooks into Bavarium Sea Heist, but it culminates in -- spoiler alert, and I use that phrase loosely -- Sheldon being Sheldon and a cutscene that you'd be hard-pressed to classify as a confrontation. "A labour of love" is the very last phrase I'd use to describe the game's DLC.

Durante

You aren't wrong, but if I remember correctly VC2 + 3 were not as well liked as the original because they moved into the "special high school war class" anime trope. Maybe that's just my recollection. I definitely remember hearing they changed some things beyond that, but the story change of anime high schoolers but now also war just kills my interest. Japan catering to the home market, yet again hampering its worldwide appeal. SMH.
That's just one thing. They also made the progression mechanic incredibly grindy and annoying, and reduced map sizes significantly due to PSP limitations.

Such a shame.

Wok

do not bother with the PC version unless you have north of 8GB RAM, 3GB+ VRAM and, ideally, an SSD -- contrary to some reports, there's no memory leak).

Speaking of SSD, I am not playing The Witcher 3 because I get stutterings at some points (during cutscenes and while travelling on the horse), and I think it is when the game is loading assets from the harddrive. Initially, I thought it was due to my lack of RAM, but increasing from 4GB to 8GB did not change a thing in that regard. I wish every game was as smooth as GTA V, and with the same way to control the graphic settings and their impact of the VRAM requirements too. With The Witcher 3, I have to guess what is wrong. Anyway, I am not mad about this, I did not like the game that much. I would prefer to play The Witcher 3 but cut in such a way that it becomes a kind of TellTale game.

Knurek

I did not like the game that much. I would prefer to play The Witcher 3 but cut in such a way that it becomes a kind of TellTale game.

Easymode + hacked savestates fam.
This is how I played Pillars after first chapter, as it was the only way (for me) to enjoy the game.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I would prefer to play The Witcher 3 but cut in such a way that it becomes a kind of TellTale game.

that's basically what i did - played on the easiest difficulty available. if i could mod it even further in that direction, i would.

Nzyme32

"Final Negligee Fantasy: Quest for the Great Crystal"? :p

Maybe I should change my avatar to commemorate this release...

Will gladly buy it
in about a month in a 2$ indiegala bundle and get my money back with cards

I know it's supposed to be alluring or whatever but those eyes just make those girls look like they're sick.

Y'all and your animu are crazy! I just can't get interested in that kind of stuff, and the attempts at being alluring are just more odd than anything.

This video nails it. You could substitute the two and I'd say they are the same. The. Same!

I was just waiting for an excuse to post the video. It's too funny. I have started to get into anime, but not the lewd kind (and I doubt I ever will)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Thank you all for the capsule image feedback a couple pages back, it's why I asked for opinions, all very interesting to reflect on and going to take a third swipe at a few designs and then ask a question, the banner plays a bit of importance so it's not bad to try and work for feedback and I've been getting some interesting stuff to work with.

ArjanN

In fairness, I actually had a lot of fun with the game and, similar to AssCreed Unity, feel that it has a bit of a bum rap due to its poor performance on consoles and rather demanding PC requirements (in both cases, do not bother with the PC version unless you have north of 8GB RAM, 3GB+ VRAM and, ideally, an SSD -- contrary to some reports, there's no memory leak). I'm just super peeved that it took ASUS five months to get its ducks in a row -- ducks that ought to have been sorted to begin with.

Oh, and the Just Cause 3 Season Pass is an awful value proposition. All told, you're looking at around 4-8 hours of content, depending on your level of thoroughness, and the third mini-expansion in particular is the worst offender, offering no more than ~90 minutes even if you go out of your way to do everything. Mech Land Assault hooks into Bavarium Sea Heist, but it culminates in -- spoiler alert, and I use that phrase loosely -- Sheldon being Sheldon and a cutscene that you'd be hard-pressed to classify as a confrontation. "A labour of love" is the very last phrase I'd use to describe the game's DLC.

I thought the DLC was alright, especially if you haven't played the main game yet. The DLC missions are pretty short, but the stuff you get in them is all pretty good and you can use that in the main campaign as well.

Wok

I used a savegame editor to just give my character in Pillars 200 Might (where, uhh, 25 is godlike value).
Something similar should be possible in W3 as well.

I have tried this savegame and it does make the game a lot more enjoyable. It does what you said: improved stats with high level and good inventory, full glossary, etc. but every main quest still left.

The random and rare stuttering that I mentioned before is still there, but less of an annoyance if I get more of what I like (cutscenes) and less of what I dislike (doing the same random encounters again and again, especially when low on potions and dying easily).

I might give the game another try with that cheat, just to enjoy the dialogues. By the way, I have noticed a lot of dismemberments during the fights with this save. Was it already the case before, or is it due to some unlocked skills, or how powerful the weapons are?

MadGear

I finally felt like playing a Resident Evil again and started playing Revelations 1. Either the first boss is massive bullet sponge or I kept missing his human head. I actually managed to die to him twice ... on normal. Dodging still feels a bit weird to me while moving forward since you either have to let go of W and tap it again (which shouldn't be so hard but I somehow seem to fail at it) or do a dodge with Space and turn. Otherwise it seems fine so far, though.

Jawmuncher

I finally felt like playing a Resident Evil again and started playing Revelations 1. Either the first boss is massive bullet sponge or I kept missing his human head. I actually managed to die to him twice ... on normal. Dodging still feels a bit weird to me while moving forward since you either have to let go of W and tap it again (which shouldn't be so hard but I somehow seem to fail at it) or do a dodge with Space and turn. Otherwise it seems fine so far, though.

A lot of the bosses are sponges in that game.

Nzyme32

Sega news is coming sometime in the next 4 weeks I'm betting.

I'm not sure how predictable it can be. Typing of the Dead just suddenly showed up in the Winter Sale way back when. Valkyria had a bit of a run up before releasing. I think that was announced in late October.

I mean, 4 weeks is certainly as good as any guess, but I think the safest bet is this last quarter of the year

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So apparently you can no longer post reviews for games you played through family sharing. That's new, right?

MWjf6dD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom