• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DVCF7WvLAE

i am wondering,why Yandere dev is working alone in this project?
isn't better to get help from other devs?
imagine he was working with marvelous or some team,they will help him to get the game better.
i know that will require money,but working alone for 30 month is really hard.

He'd definitely need someone for the UI... but also for the shaders/lighting. The game has good character models and texture but everything looks so flat.

so, uh

uh, apparently the ending cutscene of the steam release of quantum break has the free FRAPS watermark on it.

could they not distribute the original one or something?

edit: no spoilers in image btw

okamiign.jpg

I wonder if Nightcry will get a discount during halloween.
The publisher just dumped it on Steam for like 23€, the game sold very bad, around 4000 copies, and it never got a discount despite of this.
It's like they forgot it.

I'm also hoping it will receive a nice discount. 50% or so.

Nzyme32

Also looks like VR is timed exclusive
tnpt7xbaf0spjcjkq0j_ox4jca.jpg

This should have been obvious to most people, but this also marks a very key point - -

Sony are happy to proclaim something is "exclusive to PS4" when that isn't the case indefinitely. At previous events they used to word spaghetti of all the little "types" of exclusive, but as of this years E3, that is no longer the case.

Jawmuncher

I'm okay with that, couldn't care less about VR.

edit: Unless I'm misunderstanding. I take it to mean that the VR mode is timed exclusive. The base game is not.

Yes only VR has timed exclusivity.
BUT the wording seems to indicate that if Xbox ever gets VR, they won't get the support.

Anustart

Got my steam link today and set it up. Quick question for anyone with experience with this.

Any way to have it stream as a second display instead of just cloning my main display? Id like to be able to do things on my monitor while the fam is watching tv if possible.

Parsnip

This should have been obvious to most people, but this also marks a very key point - -

Sony are happy to proclaim something is "exclusive to PS4" when that isn't the case indefinitely. At previous events they used to word spaghetti of all the little "types" of exclusive, but as of this years E3, that is no longer the case.

In other words, bring on Yakuza.

Tizoc

The yakuza series have seen some interesting evolution with each game released
Imho yakuza 1 and 2 are still worth playing just to see how it started and laid the foundation for the current games released

How you much you want to bet the VR bits will be left in the RE7 code allowing PC players to mod in VR support and probably still have a better VR experience.

Kudo

I wonder how much Sony is spending on these timed exclusives, year is pretty long time but I do also suspect PC version will get unofficial support fairly fast.

Tellaerin

I'm probably biased in this argument because I can't wrap my head around people unable or unwilling to adapt to tank controls.

I can't speak for everyone on this, but I don't enjoy playing games where your character has deliberately been made awkward to control for the purpose of "creating a challenge". (And yes, that's what we're looking at here. The fact that the game's encounters are "broken" once you remove the deliberate control handicap proves it.) Find some other way to challenge me. You may not understand how people can feel that way, but it doesn't make their opinions less valid.

(And tank controls don't automatically ruin an experience. Dino Crisis 2 has them too, and I love that game. But I never felt as if I was fighting the controls or dying cheap deaths because of them in DC2, either.)

So if the encounters are balanced around having bad controls, and then those encounters get trivialized when you have good controls, is the problem the controls or the encounter design?

You have to think of the controls in the context of the time when RE first released. 3D was still a very new concept and RE was in a very lonely class almost by itself. Controls were fine then and the game was tuned with them in mind. Being able to turn on a dime really trivializes a lot of the encounters.

I don't understand why people have such difficulty with tank controls. Is it my favorite way to control a character? Hell no. Is it some kinda finger gymnastics that people need to do to play? Nope.

I can't speak for everyone on this, but I don't enjoy playing games where your character has deliberately been made awkward to control for the purpose of "creating a challenge". (And yes, that's what we're looking at here. The fact that the game's encounters are "broken" once you remove the deliberate control handicap proves it.) Find some other way to challenge me. You may not understand how people can feel that way, but it doesn't make their opinions less valid.

(And tank controls don't automatically ruin an experience. Dino Crisis 2 has them too, and I love that game. But I never felt as if I was fighting the controls or dying cheap deaths because of them in DC2, either.)

I don't agree that those controls are in the game for the purpose of creating a challenge. It's partially because tank controls are legitimately the best way to control a game with pre rendered backgrounds. God knows I ended up accidentally going back the way I came in the PS1 Final Fantasy games.

But a novel or different control scheme doesn't have to be a point of challenge or limitation. I had to fight to learn how to use a dual analog FPS control scheme for Halo 1, and it was worth it. That game isn't built around being able to whip around with a mouse, just like it's not built around a single stick FPS like Metroid Prime. It's not about the challenge, it's about the game's design (and partially the controller).

You have to think of the controls in the context of the time when RE first released. 3D was still a very new concept and RE was in a very lonely class almost by itself. Controls were fine then and the game was tuned with them in mind. Being able to turn on a dime really trivializes a lot of the encounters.

I don't understand why people have such difficulty with tank controls. Is it my favorite way to control a character? Hell no. Is it some kinda finger gymnastics that people need to do to play? Nope.

This is an excellent point. It's easy to forget Resident Evil was released in 1996. For 3D gaming, that's basically where VR is now.

Speaking of "Exclusives" - on PC in April 2017 I guess

Twzv6mP.jpg

From what I can see that "game" is just a small experience. Most of the things for PSVR we saw at E3 seems to be "experiences" rather than full fledged games.

The FF15 thing too. You are just in some arena, teleport at monsters and shoot at them.

Nzyme32

From what I can see that "game" is just a small experience. Most of the things for PSVR we saw at E3 seems to be "experiences" rather than full fledged games.

The FF15 thing too. You are just in some arena, teleport at monsters and shoot at them.

About the same as anything really. I heard it was just an hour long. The most hilarious thing is Sony marketing. On PC these are treated as the simple experimental experiences they are; with Playstation they treat them by name and franchise alone. I'm sure there will be disappointed folk out there when they realise

Parsnip

Come on, they didn't deliberately make the controls bad to create challenge. The controls are that way because it makes sense with fixed camera angles and encounters were designed around the controls. Not the other way around.

About the same as anything really. I heard it was just an hour long. The most hilarious thing is Sony marketing. On PC these are treated as the simple experimental experiences they are; with Playstation they treat them by name and franchise alone. I'm sure there will be disappointed folk out there when they realise

I also wonder if they are free. I mean on Steam or the Oculus store even small 1 hour experiences cost money.

Besides that I am sure in a few weeks we will have a lot of "PSVR is kinda disappointing" threads, because I can already see now that the people think that the current gen VR is using 12k screens, solved locomotion etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom